Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,773,681 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,187,796
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Post titled Confirmed Missing Features - Addressed

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
59 posts found
  MMO_Fan

Novice Member

4/07/13 2:47:55 PM#41
Originally posted by Hancakes
Originally posted by ChaosChest
Originally posted by Greymoor
They didn't leave the original game running because there were so few people playing there was no way in hell it would've covered any significant costs. Despite many vets now praising DF1, they didn't actually play it when it was here. (For the last year anyway)

2 years of no updates to the game that players were paying monthly for followed by delay delay delay delay darkfall 2010 darkfall arena, darkfall 2.0  delay , then shutdown for darkfall uw..... That kind of destroys a playerbase that was already way to small for the server.

And Greymoor wonders why no one has any faith  in AVs "soon after release" promises for DFUW.  The current " brief " beta turning into 5+ months after being advertised as being ready in November should be enough. 

I think it was said pretty well here in this thread:

~IF~ so many things are going to be added "immediately after the launch" why would'nt you hold off release so they can be added pre-launch?

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?361144-IF-so-many-things-are-going-to-be-added-quot-immediately-after-the-launch-quot

Also, the original Mr White embarassment thread is here:

Post titled Confirmed Missing Features - Addressed

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?361102-Post-titled-Confirmed-Missing-Features-Addressed

muffins89

Novice Member

4/07/13 3:26:28 PM#42
i have no experience with DF1 but have been in DFUW beta.  i think AV has done a good job listening to players and implementing things that have improved the game.    most of the people that complain about UW are DF1 players.  AV has decided to try a different route and make a new game.  one that i find entertaining.  im looking forward to launch and future updates.

I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

Hancakes

Novice Member

4/07/13 3:45:37 PM#43
Originally posted by MMO_Fan
They didn't leave the original game running because there were so few people playing there was no way in hell it would've covered any significant costs. Despite many vets now praising DF1, they didn't actually play it when it was here. (For the last year anyway)

2 years of no updates to the game that players were paying monthly for followed by delay delay delay delay darkfall 2010 darkfall arena, darkfall 2.0  delay , then shutdown for darkfall uw..... That kind of destroys a playerbase that was already way to small for the server.

And Greymoor wonders why no one has any faith  in AVs "soon after release" promises for DFUW.  The current " brief " beta turning into 5+ months after being advertised as being ready in November should be enough. 

~IF~ so many things are going to be added "immediately after the launch" why would'nt you hold off release so they can be added pre-launch?

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?361144-IF-so-many-things-are-going-to-be-added-quot-immediately-after-the-launch-quot

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?361102-Post-titled-Confirmed-Missing-Features-Addressed

The first thread is a very good question and deserves an answer, (given AV track record )yet it was quickly derailed into attacks on other posters.  Guess there no room for logic on the DF forums. 

Deerhunter71

Hard Core Member

4/07/13 5:03:55 PM#44
Originally posted by MMO_Fan

Yup as you and Hancakes and you have posted - great question!!  IF ths stuff is ready for immediate relese then delay launch a week or two...  That is not long at all if ALL these featurs are ready.....

MMOExposed

Spotlight Poster

4/07/13 10:33:03 PM#45
Originally posted by taus01

Why is anyone still even thinking about spending money on this after the disaster of the first release. Are people really that desperate or is it just plain stupidity?

Darkfall was good. The players made the community bad. Also the game wasn't sandbox, but that doesn't mean it's auto bad. It was pretty good. If it had different server PvP rulesets, that game would be a huge hit. Also bit more sand to make it Sandpark at least.

Risstor

Novice Member

4/07/13 10:38:41 PM#46

so the defense is...

mostly added after launch

so this disgruntled person is basically correct?

saw a heck of a lot of green responses stating "added shortly after launch"

from the sheer number - what is exactly in at launch?

Deerhunter71

Hard Core Member

4/08/13 6:04:49 AM#47
Originally posted by Risstor

so the defense is...

Pretty much - also go read the "History of Broken Promises" in this forum to give you an idea how quickly they put in stuff...  Many months or even never.....

Deerhunter71

Hard Core Member

4/11/13 7:31:48 AM#48

Summed up perfectly by TenLoves

Originally Posted by TenLoves View Post

I wonder if the community guy in this thread is a pure joke or just a desperate action of community management by Aventurine. I'm still debating as to whether it is one of the two.

I like how you are saying that this is a new game and "good" things from the old game shouldnt be in the game. I mean come on? You guys destroyed the game we all loved. I had 60 guys starting the beta back in decemember, which of exactly 0 are still playing as of today. I think in total about 5 of our guys plan to play at launch. The sole reason people are interested in DFUW is because Darkfall 1 was a beast of a game with no updates or content added in its last two years of its life. You get it? The reason people ARE playing your game, for the most part, is because they loved or used to love Darkfall 1.

You describe a sloppy UI, a shitty radial menu and a bad bank and bagpack system as the posters "opinion"? Let me tell you, thats not just the posters opinion, those are a few of the reasons my whole clan is not touching the game and I know as a fact that many others arent playing precisely because some of those reasons as well.

The classes are extremely unbalanced, thats what you get. Let me tell you community sir, when you only have less or half of the classes in, you cannot balance it because nobody knows what is going to come of the other classes. On top of that, as a matter of fact, class systems do not belong in sandbox games. Have you guys read your own suggestion forum over the years? People have been asking for a skillcap system for so many times and even WARNED you guys that classes will result in a rock, paper and scissor game(BlueOreo). Why didnt you guys just kept it with the prestige classes or with a skillcap?

Lastly, as others have mentioned, the responses you gave indicate that most of the stuff that HmmMaybe(I think) posted at the start of the beta are still not fixed or implemented. This will just hurt you guys in the end and is a stupid decision.

I wish you guys all the best, but I do not expect UW to be anywhere near good. It is such a shame, it might be sounding nerdish, but something I just wish I could play Darkfall 1 again, even if it was just for a few hours. I miss that rush so much
  SirBalin

Warmonger

4/11/13 8:15:34 AM#49

Wow...so funny reading these posts about things that are just...wrong.  The people saying I tried DF 1 and it failed because...

Well...you are wrong, DF failed for you for those reasons, but DF was a huge success, or there wouldn't be a DF2.  The pvp ruleset of DF1 was what made people stay as it was different.  For those that didn't like it...had they had changed it...the game wuold have lost all of those other people...then a few may have stayed. 

As far as the new games AI...well, I would say the UI is more of a general concenus not just opinion.  I personally don't mind it...but the masses do. 

Now all of that said, yes I'm a DF fanboy, but to the OP...come on.  You know aventurine and if you really believe all of those things are being added after launch...you are nuts.  Hell, "first week of March debug mode will be turned off which will fix a lot of things."  Guess what...we're a week away from launch and its still on.  If you aren't okay with the game now...you won't be later.  Love what you have as this is what you are going to get, if you dont like it...don't expect much more.  That's just the truth of how AV works.

Incognito
www.incognito-gaming.us
"You're either with us or against us"

Deerhunter71

Hard Core Member

4/12/13 10:00:46 AM#50
Originally posted by SirBalin

Now all of that said, yes I'm a DF fanboy, but to the OP...come on.  You know aventurine and if you really believe all of those things are being added after launch...you are nuts.  Hell, "first week of March debug mode will be turned off which will fix a lot of things."  Guess what...we're a week away from launch and its still on.

Pretty much - time to see what they put out in just a mere 4 days....

TheKraut

Apprentice Member

4/14/13 9:21:55 AM#51

so the defense is...

[mod edit]

You have to buy it to see whats in it.

Deerhunter71

Hard Core Member

4/15/13 4:21:26 PM#52

so the defense is...

Pretty much.  You also know the UI for a PC game is total FAIL when folks have to post guides on how to use AHK instead, lol

Deerhunter71

Hard Core Member

4/17/13 9:56:57 AM#53
Wonder if Mr. White is still employed by AV now?  Lost track of all the replies that included "debug mode" and with it off it never solved a single one of those....
  keitholi

Novice Member

4/17/13 10:05:12 AM#54

Is it just me, or is like 95% of the "content" due sometime AFTER launch? What kind of game launches with most of its contents "due sometime after launch?"

What a fucking joke.

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

4/17/13 10:07:48 AM#55
Originally posted by keitholi

Is it just me, or is like 95% of the "content" due sometime AFTER launch? What kind of game launches with most of its contents "due sometime after launch?"

What a fucking joke.

yup

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

Deerhunter71

Hard Core Member

4/17/13 10:07:49 AM#56
Originally posted by keitholi

What a fucking joke.

To be fair some of it is "immediately after launch".... 

Also a thread was created asking Mr. White about his comments where he stated debug mode was the cause (which is now confirmed to NOT have any impact).  AV yanked it down within 2 minutes, lol

epoq

Advanced Member

4/17/13 10:08:53 AM#57

Makes sense to me.  They ran out of money, have to launch, game isn't ready.  Try to take as many people for a ride as they can so they can fund the actual promises they made for what was going to be in the game.  This is why you won't see it on Steam for a while too, btw.  Dunno if anyone remembers The WarZ, but Steam took their game off because they had falsely advertised things that would be in the game that weren't yet implemented.  I'm sure AV doesn't want to embarrass themselves in the same fashion. 

I tried to play this morning, took a bunch of tries before the game would actually "validate" the data files and launch.  Got in for a good 30 minutes and it crashed to desktop and asked me to send a bug report.  PRETTY much exactly the way it happened during beta, which leads me to believe that not much has really changed since the beta stages.  WOMP WOMP, but am I really surprised?  NOPE.

Hopefully AV will get their shit together and deliver, but ABSOLUTELY NOT ONE PERSON IN THIS WORLD will be surprised if they don't.

BigHatLogan

Spotlight Poster

4/17/13 2:38:06 PM#58
Misinformation, missing features?  Well this is AV afterall.  Should be expected.  We can complain about it but in the end, what are we supposed to do?  Play some themepark like GW2?  LOL.   Games with a real pvp ruleset (FFA full loot) are so rare that there isn't much else in way of options.  I'll see you all in game.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!

I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

Deerhunter71

Hard Core Member

6/25/13 10:44:56 PM#59

Any update on how many of these features coming in immediately after launch are in after what 2.5 months and soon to be 3 months post launch?  Hell I am only highlighting a FEW of the list that are so glaring....

No Dungeons in game. (Not including starter dungeons) - Will be added in rapid succession after launch

- if 1 a month is rapid succession god help people

Many NPC cities removed. No cities were removed. The Alfar and Mirdain NPC cities are coming shortly after launch

- damn if I have seen any Alfar/Mirdain cities and its almost 3 months out - I guess shortly is 6 months?

No more trade channel. The markets, which are coming immediately after the launch, will render the trade channel obsolete.

- markets immediate huh -- already behind on their new roadmpa for them much less immediately, lol

Almost all boats removed. False, they are in the process of being introduced. They will be introduced shortly after launch, with a naval combat upgrade.

- again what is their idea of shortly after launch, lol

No Enchanting. (<3 Telc) Will be added after launch: in the priority list

No Transmutes. (<3 Telc) Will be added after launch.
No more jewelcrafting. (<3 Deadlyhit) Will be added after launch.
No more wonders. (<3 HoldenXoX) Will be added after launch.
3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search