Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,173 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,726
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » DFUW Gameplay Video - Mid Sized Battle

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
47 posts found
  Uzik

Advanced Member

OP  4/07/13 9:40:24 AM#41
Originally posted by Blindchance

Not trying to be funny here, but right now, if you forget about dumb mob spawns and crafting, DF has less features and less polished combat then PlanetSide 2. Leaving sandbox features out of the picture was the main AV's mistake. There is no interaction with the game world. This game offers nothing to compensate for that.

Oh yeah ffa full loot ! Grab those pixelz ! No wonder DF community boiled down to few groups of players who enjoy nothing else except comparing penis size with their made up rivals...what a waste.

As much as Darkfall is full of rivalries and smack talk, it is actually one of the most mature gaming crowds out there.

Can you imagine how your typical tab target MMO'er would react if the armor set he just spent 8 hours grinding for just got taken from him?  They would completely flip out!

As many problems as Darkfall has, it is the only game that comes close to offering a good twitch based (non-tab targetted) combat system, player driven combat, and full loot.

I'm sorry, but without needing to balance risk and loss in an MMO it cannot be considered a sandbox.

That being said, I am very disapointed with the way that AV changed the combat in DFUW.  Combat is much slower and has a much lower skill ceiling.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

Ice-Queen

Advanced Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

4/07/13 9:47:04 AM#42

The character movements aren't very fluid are they? So rigid.  :(

It's a wait and see on this one still. I want to see how it is a month or two out when people have played it a bit. Hope it ends up being a good one for the DF fans though. We need more competition in mmo's between the companies.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

User Deleted
4/07/13 10:00:38 AM#43
An honest oppinion from a non bihest viewer. I really think they need to add some sort of turnin/spinning dampener on or something. Just to add a little more realism to the game. No one would be able to spin around that much without getting disorietated to hell. As good as concept as these games are they boil down to a highest hp swing fest imo.
  Uzik

Advanced Member

OP  4/07/13 2:02:55 PM#44

This is a nice video of a Skirmisher.

http://youtu.be/H_UV1oWHPZQ

Definitely more action packed than playing a two handed warrior.

Blindchance

Novice Member

4/07/13 5:26:38 PM#45
Originally posted by Uzik
Originally posted by Blindchance

Not trying to be funny here, but right now, if you forget about dumb mob spawns and crafting, DF has less features and less polished combat then PlanetSide 2. Leaving sandbox features out of the picture was the main AV's mistake. There is no interaction with the game world. This game offers nothing to compensate for that.

Oh yeah ffa full loot ! Grab those pixelz ! No wonder DF community boiled down to few groups of players who enjoy nothing else except comparing penis size with their made up rivals...what a waste.

As many problems as Darkfall has, it is the only game that comes close to offering a good twitch based (non-tab targetted) combat system, player driven combat, and full loot.

I'm sorry, but without needing to balance risk and loss in an MMO it cannot be considered a sandbox.

That being said, I am very disapointed with the way that AV changed the combat in DFUW.  Combat is much slower and has a much lower skill ceiling.

I can forgive them the spastic character movment and poor melee combat execution, but the game simply lacks game content which would make it more fun and less chore. That's one of the main impressions I have after DF1. 80 % boredom and grind and 20 % fun ( if not less ).

Uzik

Advanced Member

OP  4/10/13 4:51:30 PM#46

I just wanted to note that since the patch that was released today combat has changed DRAMATICALLY.

IMO the game is coming back to its twitch roots a bit more.

Deerhunter71

Advanced Member

4/10/13 4:58:34 PM#47
Originally posted by Uzik

I just wanted to note that since the patch that was released today combat has changed DRAMATICALLY.

IMO the game is coming back to its twitch roots a bit more.

So the clunky melee combat is gone?  If so good decision on their part for sure.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search