Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,949 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,335
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » How to charge back 100% honestly

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
46 posts found
  Deerhunter71

Advanced Member

OP  3/16/13 5:17:22 PM#21
Originally posted by cronius77
there is a lot of people on this site though that look at any sort of refund as you are poor and broke and cannot afford your games or you are ripping the company off. This is pretty common here in every single refund thread for any game. Those same people do not realise they are the real problem with games this day and age , allowing devs to make broken promises and shoddy customer service that is rude and disrespectful. They sign these idiots paychecks by continuing to pay for games that are hyped up garbage. If their opinions ment more than a fart in the real world credit card companies would not offer refunds to begin with for purchases. I wouldnt even let the trolling get to you here , you have a right to do what you want with your own money regardless of what people here say and call you names for.  The more people that speak with their wallets the less funding these pipedream devs like advertine get funded to rip more people off.

Well said - the more we speak with our wallets or lack of the more impact it will make.  The purpose of this thread is for those also wanting to do the same to know the 100% honest way to charge back with valid reasons.

stragen001

Apprentice Member

Mr Flibble is VERY cross

3/16/13 5:25:18 PM#22
If you want to do it 100% by the book you should always request a refund from the company first before doing a chargeback(even if you know they won't give one)

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

User Deleted
3/16/13 8:51:13 PM#23
Originally posted by Aragon100
Originally posted by Mad+Dog

cool story

as they say, its done when its done.

Then why did Aventurine lie to us when they stated it was just some minor fixes and a release in a couple of weeks in november 2012?

That is very far from what you claim they said "its done when its done".

I'm still waiting for release but i lost all confidence in that Tasos dude that i see as nothing else but a notorious lier.

Aventurine wanted some fast money to continue production on DFUW and lied to their community about the state of the game, that is what happened. 

It wasnt a lie.  The loudest parts of the community got up in arms with ever detail that was changed from 1.0, despite knowing the change was comming.

So AV started to change those systems to lessen the tempertantrums...hence the legnth of the delays.

Even now, major systems are getting changed based on feedback...that takes time.

If people had been happy with the mechanic changes that they knew about since...i dunno 2010 when talk of this all was in full swing...well the game might have launched by now.

People want the wobble out, despite wanting it in which is why they put it there.  People want the UI out, which was changed due to the same people wanting it...well really the exact way it is now.  People wanted a lot of stuff done to 1.0...at lot was done...most in line to what was complained about in 1,0.  Now the complaint is that its not 1.0 and want it back.

AV is in a rough spot.  This is really case and point as to why you never listen to the community, especially if it involes veteran players, and just follow your vision.

Right now we lost a sandbox, DF:UW isnt a sandbox anymore...its more an arena pvp game with territory control.  They take away some of the implimented systems and make it quake style combat again...and they are going to have one total flop on their hands.  No one likes quake combat anymore, not even FPS players...

Oh and if you expect AV to be on time with dates you must be really new to darkfall.

I havent been a fan of its direction for a while now.  They got $15 from me and its such a small amount of money i dont care. Im fairly certain i wont be playing past the first month of launch.  Its still the shallow pvp combat game it always was, just now the skill system i liked and the feeling of progression are gone.  Its now more like planetside2..which...fun at first but zero long term replayability.

Aragon100

Elite Member

3/17/13 4:55:14 AM#24
Originally posted by BrownAle

cool story

Then why did Aventurine lie to us when they stated it was just some minor fixes and a release in a couple of weeks in november 2012?

I'm still waiting for release but i lost all confidence in that Tasos dude that i see as nothing else but a notorious lier.

Aventurine wanted some fast money to continue production on DFUW and lied to their community about the state of the game, that is what happened. 

It wasnt a lie.  The loudest parts of the community got up in arms with ever detail that was changed from 1.0, despite knowing the change was comming.

So AV started to change those systems to lessen the tempertantrums...hence the legnth of the delays.

Even now, major systems are getting changed based on feedback...that takes time.

If people had been happy with the mechanic changes that they knew about since...i dunno 2010 when talk of this all was in full swing...well the game might have launched by now.

People want the wobble out, despite wanting it in which is why they put it there.  People want the UI out, which was changed due to the same people wanting it...well really the exact way it is now.  People wanted a lot of stuff done to 1.0...at lot was done...most in line to what was complained about in 1,0.  Now the complaint is that its not 1.0 and want it back.

AV is in a rough spot.  This is really case and point as to why you never listen to the community, especially if it involes veteran players, and just follow your vision.

Right now we lost a sandbox, DF:UW isnt a sandbox anymore...its more an arena pvp game with territory control.  They take away some of the implimented systems and make it quake style combat again...and they are going to have one total flop on their hands.  No one likes quake combat anymore, not even FPS players...

Oh and if you expect AV to be on time with dates you must be really new to darkfall.

I havent been a fan of its direction for a while now.  They got $15 from me and its such a small amount of money i dont care. Im fairly certain i wont be playing past the first month of launch.  Its still the shallow pvp combat game it always was, just now the skill system i liked and the feeling of progression are gone.  Its now more like planetside2..which...fun at first but zero long term replayability.

I played DF 1 beta and been following Darkfall from i first heard of it 1999. So i am a way older Darkfall follower then you. I know Aventurine. I seen their lies before. As when they changed the outcome of sieges with serverdowns cause the biggest zerg screamed they would rage quit on forums. They manually transfered a city to that zerg against their own written rules. Aventurine is not to be trusted and if you believe they are then you have to little experience with them.

DFUW was not ready for release in a couple of weeks as Aventurine claimed november 2012 and if you played the beta then you would know that. It had nothing to do with fans screaming they werent happy with the game, the game was just not finished.

My guess is they needed money to continue developing the game.

Deerhunter71

Advanced Member

OP  3/17/13 7:43:47 AM#25
Originally posted by BrownAle

cool story

I played DF 1 beta and been following Darkfall from i first heard of it 1999. So i am a way older Darkfall follower then you. I know Aventurine. I seen their lies before. As when they changed the outcome of sieges with serverdowns cause the biggest zerg screamed they would rage quit on forums. They manually transfered a city to that zerg against their own written rules. Aventurine is not to be trusted and if you believe they are then you have to little experience with them.

DFUW was not ready for release in a couple of weeks as Aventurine claimed november 2012 and if you played the beta then you would know that. It had nothing to do with fans screaming they werent happy with the game, the game was just not finished.

My guess is they needed money to continue developing the game.

+1 there.....  I could write a novel about all the lies...  Especially back in DF1 beta we have 4-legged run ready to go but still looking at a few things....  I forgot how many months it took them to actually finish it and then decide it was overpowered as they claimed...

A book could be written on the lies over the years.

-Zeno-

Novice Member

3/31/13 8:34:28 PM#26
I am glad they did a beta.  Everything in the game was mentioned before beta started too.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Hancakes

Novice Member

4/02/13 7:48:53 AM#27
Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

people are very quick with the word 'lie.'  If something doesn't go exactly as planned, the L word is quickly brought forth.  It is possible to say something and mean it, but it not come to fruition.  IE:  We are planning on a 1st QTR release (or something).  However, in beta, things come up and the date is pushed back.  This wouldn't be a 'L', but honest miscaluclation, or changes in circumstances, or a host of other reasons.

I'm not saying they didn't Lie, I just don't know.  I do however, believe that they had planned to bring it out, and the beta actually worked, and they found things that needed fixing.  Imagine that.  Using a beta, having people find bugs, delaying the release so that they can fix them.  Seems to pass the commense sense test to me.

No they lied!  Tasos blantantly misrepresented the state of the beta to boost preorder sales. There is no question if you followed Tasos statements and have been in the beta since the beginning.  

There are many reasons the games still under NDA almost four months after Tasos said the game was ready for commercial release. These issues didn't just crop up, the game wasn't even remotely ready for release.

Deerhunter71

Advanced Member

OP  4/03/13 6:27:56 PM#28
Originally posted by Hancakes
Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

people are very quick with the word 'lie.'  If something doesn't go exactly as planned, the L word is quickly brought forth.  It is possible to say something and mean it, but it not come to fruition.  IE:  We are planning on a 1st QTR release (or something).  However, in beta, things come up and the date is pushed back.  This wouldn't be a 'L', but honest miscaluclation, or changes in circumstances, or a host of other reasons.

I'm not saying they didn't Lie, I just don't know.  I do however, believe that they had planned to bring it out, and the beta actually worked, and they found things that needed fixing.  Imagine that.  Using a beta, having people find bugs, delaying the release so that they can fix them.  Seems to pass the commense sense test to me.

No they lied!  Tasos blantantly misrepresented the state of the beta to boost preorder sales. There is no question if you followed Tasos statements and have been in the beta since the beginning.  

There are many reasons the games still under NDA almost four months after Tasos said the game was ready for commercial release. These issues didn't just crop up, the game wasn't even remotely ready for release.

Spot on there and still no dungeons put in the game that were "done" months ago, lol

Cetra

Advanced Member

4/03/13 9:01:44 PM#29

i asked for a refund.

Aventurine banned my account

Still have my money

Worse shitty unethical company ever

cant wait to see how this game fail

Deerhunter71

Advanced Member

OP  4/03/13 9:31:26 PM#30
Originally posted by Cetra

i asked for a refund.

Aventurine banned my account

Still have my money

Worse shitty unethical company ever

cant wait to see how this game fail

Charge back then like I and others did.

carousel

Novice Member

4/04/13 4:32:37 PM#31

Seriously man you are so obsessed with DF that you have managed to make 46 posts in 1 hour, with your new alias which you have created after they have banned Deerhunter. Get over it, it’s just a game FFS. It’s a game which you don’t like, obviously,  and since you have been refunded I can’t see why you are keep reproducing the over and over.

This list it’s not even your post, but you illegally removed it  from the beta forums in breach of the NDA which it was active until few hrs ago.

People are trying to get some information about the game and you keep spamming the forum with the same crap.

Please stop doing that, or constrain yourself in the topic of the  threads.

Thanks

Realbigdeal

Advanced Member

4/10/13 6:18:52 AM#32

Lol, i ddint troll or flame anyone and my post got removed.

I just said that you shouldnt preorder if you expect AAA quality beta and a clear eta from a niche company making a mmorpg with only 30 developers when usually, you need 150-250 to make an mmorpg.

Like seriously, anyone should do their home work(research) before they preorder or buy anything. 

I don't consider the truth to be a troll post. Ban me if you want.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

raapnaap

Hard Core Member

4/10/13 6:36:32 AM#33

They never stated any new launch dates after the start of beta/launch delay in december.

Your post is poor quality trolling material, and lacks in any entertainment value, too.

muthax

Advanced Member

4/10/13 6:41:01 AM#34
What's with the explosion of posts made by mentally or emotionally challenged kids? Stop wasting tiem and go speak with someone about your REAL problems!
  Znarf

Apprentice Member

4/10/13 8:20:52 AM#35
Originally posted by raapnaap

They never stated any new launch dates after the start of beta/launch delay in december.

Your post is poor quality trolling material, and lacks in any entertainment value, too.

he needs to gather a lot, then spend his hard earned points on trolling skill!:)

Deerhunter71

Advanced Member

OP  4/14/13 7:37:09 AM#36
Originally posted by raapnaap

Sure they did, lol  Early January after the holidays they were turning debug mode and would be launching a few weeks after....  Oh I guess a few weeks for them = 3 months...  And you think they are going to be different this go round, lol

Znarf

Apprentice Member

4/14/13 10:17:12 PM#37
Originally posted by Deerhunter71

Sure they did...

LIAR

User Deleted
4/14/13 10:21:34 PM#38
Originally posted by Filterheadz

So much whine... i remember that for about 3+ weeks after the preorder launch they were very active whit updateds (which continued to this day) and staying in touch whit the community (that not so much lately but i guess they are working on shit... u have to take in consideration the fact that this is NOT blizzard or a major company and yes i understand that it's not a excuse BUT please get your shit togheter and don't spend money u can't afford paying for . especialy on BETA PROGRAMS

Either pay for the potential the game MIGHT have in the future or gtfo , take your money and go play one of the trilions of themeparks out there.

have a good day

I think the filter in your head might be clogged.

You should have that looked at.

Deerhunter71

Advanced Member

OP  4/16/13 6:33:05 PM#39
In case anyone feels ripped off about being lied to about debug mode and the load lag...  BUT if you do like the concept maybe give it a few weeks to see if they fix it before going this route.
  RogueJD

Apprentice Member

4/16/13 6:59:54 PM#40

Deerhunter,

You're demonstrating a complete lack of understanding of game developement.  You're proffessing your sentiment from a pulpit of ignorance, and actively seeking others to join you.

I posted this in another thread.  I think it applies to you and your post:

YourI got it, kid... You want to play the game.  So do I!  But, when you whine like this, with no obvoius understanding of game development, or network infrastructure, you kind of come across as an idiot.

Look at it from a cost-benefit-analysis point of view  (Let's not forget, it's a source of income for a development firm).  Launch days notoriously suck.  Even a "Triple A" developer can ride that wave all the way to Excuse-land.

The cost of implementing an effective network infrastructure to survive a flawless launch week FAR outweighs the benefit.  The "Excuse" is enough.

"Proper planning prevents piss-poor preformance" - That argument is actively marketed against.  How many apologetic developers have offered some sort of recompense for the percieved loss?  These are often offered when the network loads have settled.  In short, launch-day-"blues" are easily forgotten.

"What about Pre-download?"  Good point.  Arguably a more efficient means of balancing launch-day server loads.  This might lend some notion that the developer isn't credible.  Cost is relatively low.  Risk is relatively moderate-to-low.  I personally question why this wasn't better implemented.  To -not- implement a preload lends to the notion that the developer / publisher leans heavily toward the "profit" margin, as opposed to the "satisfaction" margin.  In short, they could have spent a few buck to flip a few switches earlier to allow us to download sooner.

You're players in  dynamic game.  And I'm not talkin' about the one on your monitor.  See past the login screen, and try to understand something for what it truly is before you comment on it with such ignorant passion.

//Edit:  Arguments concerning torrent speed:  Please at least read a wiki on Torrents, and how they work.  Do your part.  Stay online and Seed.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search