Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,321 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,239,368
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  Greymoor

Spotlight Poster

OP  3/11/13 8:06:24 AM#21
Originally posted by Caldrin
Originally posted by Mad+Dog

OMG,,, think you need ot update your self so you dont look silly. YOU CNA MACRO ANYMORE!!!

mining, chopping wood, fishing and so on are few simple ways.. yes its low gain but just stay afk doing it.

Its also half arsed because its not really fixing the issue its just trying to work around it.. just like their amazing idea of making every character exactly the same size.. Now we just have a bunch of clones in exactly the same gear running around.

Anyway for me DF is dead and DF:UW is not even half the game DF was but each to their own..  im sure some people will really enjoy it. so lets just leave it as that..

lol gathering is not afk macroing in any form... so you hit one node and then what? you're afk so you can't run to the next? Unless you mean semi-afk? And not macroing... which isn't an afk macro at all. Not to mention diminishing returns would kick in too.

You still haven't explained how it is a half arsed system, it's pretty well thought out if you asked me or looked at the beta forums.

psykobilly

Novice Member

3/11/13 8:40:09 AM#22
Originally posted by Greymoor

OMG,,, think you need ot update your self so you dont look silly. YOU CNA MACRO ANYMORE!!!

mining, chopping wood, fishing and so on are few simple ways.. yes its low gain but just stay afk doing it.

Its also half arsed because its not really fixing the issue its just trying to work around it.. just like their amazing idea of making every character exactly the same size.. Now we just have a bunch of clones in exactly the same gear running around.

Anyway for me DF is dead and DF:UW is not even half the game DF was but each to their own..  im sure some people will really enjoy it. so lets just leave it as that..

lol gathering is not afk macroing in any form... so you hit one node and then what? you're afk so you can't run to the next? Unless you mean semi-afk? And not macroing... which isn't an afk macro at all. Not to mention diminishing returns would kick in too.

You still haven't explained how it is a half arsed system, it's pretty well thought out if you asked me or looked at the beta forums.

The only thing you can do is dig macro, but you don't get any prowess - you do however get prowess from cooking what you dig.  Not much though.

A minigame for digging has been suggested as a way to get rid of this last form of macroing - which I fully support.

Caldrin just doesn't understand how the prowess system actually works.

DMKano

Elite Member

3/11/13 8:43:56 AM#23
Originally posted by Mdpats

Can you Macro IRL?  I think not.  This game is R-E-A-L-I-S-T-I-C

Let's go AV!!

Sure you can macro IRL - it's called outsourcing.

Niburu

Advanced Member

3/11/13 12:09:27 PM#24

To macro ressource nodes you need to make yourself a path with resting,hitting and moving. for example 5 stone nodes close together, you could create a macro so a guy runs in a circle and mines. But one bigger lag or block fucks this already up and you waste alot of money for your energy bill for nothing since the same amount could be gained by playing the game in a much shorter time.

Not to mention the 3h refill time if iam right.

If you dont like that you shouldnt play multiplayer games at all since it is much easier to macro in other games ( go next to a mob spawn, aggro mob and kill, repeat. Works best with ranged class)

Jupsto

Advanced Member

3/11/13 1:06:34 PM#25

No macroing really is useless in darkfall now, its great. it used to be required to play the game, now there is next to no viable use of macros. maybe you can bot for resources, but thats the same in any game.

The new character development system is a joy to play, but game still has a LONG way to go.

My blog:

McGamer

Novice Member

"Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering" -Master Yoda

3/11/13 1:13:20 PM#26
Originally posted by Hotjazz
Originally posted by Niburu

No its not dead.. people will now just macro prowess instead..Infact it will probally be easier to macro now they have brought this in as prowess points can be spent on anything. So you go out find the easiest/safest thing to do and sit and macro all day bring in those nice process ponits while as donig somthing else.

As the posters above already asked, i would be very interested to hear from you how you macro prowness.

Only thing i could come up with is killing an alt over and over, however as far as i know it has dimishing returns and he spawns at a new spot on the bindstone.....

I hate grinding, so please tell me how I can macro prowess.

I prefer to do it in the safezones so no one can kill me, but I`m really open for anything. Give up your secrets, give us a hint or atleast provide some macro theories. Please don`t tell me your secret macros are just imaginary.

Posts like this remind me of how much I dislike macros since it breeds lazy gamers. If one is too lazy to earn their own points then don't bother playing in the first place.

User Deleted
3/11/13 1:16:00 PM#27
Originally posted by psykobilly
Originally posted by Greymoor

The only thing you can do is dig macro, but you don't get any prowess - you do however get prowess from cooking what you dig.  Not much though.

A minigame for digging has been suggested as a way to get rid of this last form of macroing - which I fully support.

Caldrin just doesn't understand how the prowess system actually works.

This.

Snoepie

Novice Member

3/11/13 6:06:38 PM#28

galdrin is trying to say..

Yes marco is still possible..

some people have no idea... how some players are willing to go with afk marco harvesting..

You can not say for 100% certain that marcoing is out.. because its not..

for example.. a darkfall player has multi accounts.. well some of them ( the so called die hards)

They let a comp running with a client.. make harvesting script. and play on the other account to pvp.. or pve..

Its very simple to make such a script as the nodes a prefixed positions on the map..

Hitting mobs on the other hand is gone yes.. there is no skillbase system anymore..

On the other hand.. every game has macroing so darfkall is no excepion

Aethaeryn

Hard Core Member

3/11/13 6:12:41 PM#29
Originally posted by DMKano
Originally posted by Mdpats

Can you Macro IRL?  I think not.  This game is R-E-A-L-I-S-T-I-C

Let's go AV!!

Sure you can macro IRL - it's called outsourcing.

Best story ever!   http://rt.com/usa/us-employee-outsourcing-china-177/

smart guy :)  I love how the code was the best they had coming in :)  Guy AFKs his career and surfs the web :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

-Zeno-

Novice Member

3/31/13 8:22:30 PM#30
Macroing is dead.  The only thing you can do now is use a very very VERY smart BOT.  BOT's require AI and is not macroing.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search