Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,908 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,313
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Darkfall not Aventurines main project

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
54 posts found
  Hancakes

Novice Member

2/21/13 12:48:35 PM#41
Originally posted by xzyax
Originally posted by Hancakes
Originally posted by Aragon100
Originally posted by Crunchy222

If people are upset that AV is working on stuff other than the game they make so little money on, you really must not enjoy the game, or might be cheering for it to die..not sure...

Aventurine deliberately lied to get people pay for a game they knew all along wasn't ready. They should try the truth instead and im sure people will have a more positive view on Aventurine.

Bingo!!!  

Shouldn't be that hard to figure out.  Aventurine (and to a larger extent Tasos) seem to have an inability to tell truth from reality.  Wipe or no wipe, release readiness, EU vs. NA server... whatever the issue is they seem to go with the most dishonest way of handling it.  

A lot of players have decided to have nothing to do with DarkFall based soley on the ineptitude of the company running the game; that's a shame, but Aventurine brought it on themselves. 

Alas,... there is another herd of victims waiting on Steam, unless their Greenlight gets pulled. (as it should)

xpiher

Advanced Member

2/22/13 2:40:06 AM#42
Originally posted by Aragon100
Originally posted by Crunchy222

If people are upset that AV is working on stuff other than the game they make so little money on, you really must not enjoy the game, or might be cheering for it to die..not sure...

Aventurine deliberately lied to get people pay for a game they knew all along wasn't ready. They should try the truth instead and im sure people will have a more positive view on Aventurine.

Bingo!!!  

Shouldn't be that hard to figure out.  Aventurine (and to a larger extent Tasos) seem to have an inability to tell truth from reality.  Wipe or no wipe, release readiness, EU vs. NA server... whatever the issue is they seem to go with the most dishonest way of handling it.  

A lot of players have decided to have nothing to do with DarkFall based soley on the ineptitude of the company running the game; that's a shame, but Aventurine brought it on themselves. 

Alas,... there is another herd of victims waiting on Steam, unless their Greenlight gets pulled. (as it should)

Why should the green light be pulled?

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher

xzyax

Novice Member

2/22/13 9:35:30 AM#43
Originally posted by xpiher

My guess would be... Because it was voted on and presented under false pretenses.

DF:UW was never, ever "Release ready" as Tasos said back in November when the bulk of the votes were cast for Green-lighting it.  If it was presented accurately, and in the state that we now know it to be... I doubt it would have received enough votes.

Some of us knew that Tasos was lying (because that is all he knows how to do), now the rest of the gaming populace knows it as well.  

xpiher

Advanced Member

2/23/13 11:44:30 PM#44

My guess would be... Because it was voted on and presented under false pretenses.

DF:UW was never, ever "Release ready" as Tasos said back in November when the bulk of the votes were cast for Green-lighting it.  If it was presented accurately, and in the state that we now know it to be... I doubt it would have received enough votes.

Some of us knew that Tasos was lying (because that is all he knows how to do), now the rest of the gaming populace knows it as well.  

The project was not greenlited under false pretenses. AV has actually been fairly upfront on what would and would not be in at launch of the content AV said wouldn't be in at launch some may make it now i.e. the primalist

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher

psykobilly

Novice Member

2/24/13 9:49:44 AM#45

Game is release ready now.  Players may not like the core design decisions, or the fact that there is less content than DF1 - but it is stable enough now to be released.

Greymoor

Spotlight Poster

2/24/13 12:27:05 PM#46
Originally posted by psykobilly

Game is release ready now.  Players may not like the core design decisions, or the fact that there is less content than DF1 - but it is stable enough now to be released.

I agree the game runs well enough for it to launch now. I'd rather they had more content before they do though.

dragonbrand

Novice Member

2/24/13 12:28:59 PM#47

Just post the link, not the article.

Thanks

Gaming since Avalon Hill was making board games.

Played SWG, EVE, Fallen Earth, LOTRO, Rift, Vanguard, WoW, SWTOR, TSW, Tera
Tried Aoc, Aion, EQII, RoM, Vindictus, Darkfail, DDO, GW, PotBS

Blindchance

Novice Member

2/24/13 12:32:09 PM#48

Less content ?! Can a game have a negative value of game content ?!

miasmafx

Novice Member

OP  2/25/13 1:51:14 AM#49
Originally posted by Blindchance

Less content ?! Can a game have a negative value of game content ?!

this one, LOL

winter

Advanced Member

2/25/13 2:22:30 AM#50
Originally posted by Greymoor

I agree the game runs well enough for it to launch now. I'd rather they had more content before they do though.

Really I'd have to ask what type of server load we are talking here, 50K, 100K all online in game at once? If your saying the game has 2000 players in game at once and playing fine then I'm laughing at you if you think it will still play fine when the steam gates open and 100k player all try and get in and play at prime time. Yes i know theres a NDA so i don't expect a answer but I',m guessing alot of you really haven't seen how stable it will be under real player loads.

tom_gore

Novice Member

2/25/13 2:22:33 AM#51

This is news to anyone who knows AV even a little bit?

Why do you think they are "relaunching" Darkfall? To address those who don't yet know how shitty the company is.

MMO_Fan

Novice Member

2/25/13 8:56:14 AM#52

Really I'd have to ask what type of server load we are talking here, 50K, 100K all online in game at once? If your saying the game has 2000 players in game at once and playing fine then I'm laughing at you if you think it will still play fine when the steam gates open and 100k player all try and get in and play at prime time.

2000? wow - heh, no.

Most people are done with beta until AV puts in the primalist, wipes and gives everyone a large pool of points to spend.

xzyax

Novice Member

2/25/13 4:11:12 PM#53

The project was not greenlited under false pretenses. AV has actually been fairly upfront on what would and would not be in at launch of the content AV said wouldn't be in at launch some may make it now i.e. the primalist

False.

Tasos said in November the game was "Release ready"  That was a blatant lie.

We can argue over if that is true now or not... but it most definitely was NOT true then.  

Hancakes

Novice Member

2/26/13 5:56:49 PM#54

It was Greenlite by overzealous fans and I'm sure many now regret thier choice as they are recanting on Steam.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search