Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | EverQuest | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,187 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,275,580
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » MMOs comparable to DarkFall's full-loot PvP rule-set

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
53 posts found
  User Deleted
1/30/13 3:19:23 PM#41
There's Wizardry Online... it has full loot (and permadeath), but it's probably the worst game I've ever played.
  dwarfus

Novice Member

1/30/13 3:47:22 PM#42
Very confused by Archeage....is it player loot? Numerous websites report it is not, only open-world PVP.
  Aragon100

Hard Core Member

1/30/13 4:08:38 PM#43
Originally posted by dwarfus
Very confused by Archeage....is it player loot? Numerous websites report it is not, only open-world PVP.

Archeage is a themepark game with no full loot.

Not comparable with UO, Darkfall or Mortal Online.

It fit right in with games like WoW and GW2.

dwarfus

Novice Member

1/30/13 4:23:04 PM#44
Originally posted by Aragon100

That's what I thought. So why is it on this list? Not to mention the US version isn't released.

Sovrath

Elite Member

1/30/13 4:30:54 PM#45

That's what I thought. So why is it on this list? Not to mention the US version isn't released.

Apparently archeage, at least the eastern release, has some looting. There are certain items one can loot from a body. I don't believe they are weapons or armor.

Aragon100

Hard Core Member

1/30/13 5:56:15 PM#46

It should'nt since it's not comparable.

It's like saying WoW and GW2 is comparable.

ziabatsu

Novice Member

1/30/13 7:31:23 PM#47
Originally posted by skorner64
Add lineage 2 to released. Archeage to unreleased.

It's different. Unless L2 changed from when I played, you only have the chance to lose 1 item. In Darkfall, you lose everything. L2 was still pretty carebear; albeit not as bad as wow, etc.

xzyax

Novice Member

OP  1/30/13 7:31:41 PM#48

Removed Archeage after doing quite a bit of reading up on it.  I agree that it seems very limited (or none at all) as to what a player loses in a PvP fight in Archeage.

For me anyway; I am more concerned that the person dying loses a significant amount (or all) of what they "risked" more so than the other player being able to absolutely acquire everything that the person they killed has on them.  

It makes sense to me that some of the items on the player who lost were "damaged beyond use".

User Deleted
1/31/13 1:26:52 PM#49
Originally posted by xzyax

Removed Archeage after doing quite a bit of reading up on it.  I agree that it seems very limited (or none at all) as to what a player loses in a PvP fight in Archeage.

For me anyway; I am more concerned that the person dying loses a significant amount (or all) of what they "risked" more so than the other player being able to absolutely acquire everything that the person they killed has on them.  

It makes sense to me that some of the items on the player who lost were "damaged beyond use".

Also ArcheAge is a quest hub based themepark.  Yeah you can grow resources, and participate in instanced seiges, but the heart of that game isnt anything sandbox.

As far as games with the same rulset and sandbox feel as Darkfall...sadly...all of its competition is in far wose shape than this game.  This is the only playable full loot sandbox.  Unless you want to dip into RTS sandboxes and try EVE or Perpetuum...with Perpetuum being more mmorpg like than eve in terms of combat ect.

xzyax

Novice Member

OP  1/31/13 2:44:37 PM#50
Originally posted by Crunchy222
Originally posted by xzyax

Also ArcheAge is a quest hub based themepark.  Yeah you can grow resources, and participate in instanced seiges, but the heart of that game isnt anything sandbox.

As far as games with the same rulset and sandbox feel as Darkfall...sadly...all of its competition is in far wose shape than this game.  This is the only playable full loot sandbox.  Unless you want to dip into RTS sandboxes and try EVE or Perpetuum...with Perpetuum being more mmorpg like than eve in terms of combat ect.

Umm... remember that DarkFall is not a released game anymore.  It is in Beta with no official release date.

Sure, you can pay to get into the Beta --- but all that will be wiped when the game finally does release.  There are a good number of players that are not real excited about putting time into a character that will get wiped somewhere down the line.  Some players that have paid to get into the Beta (to reserve name and get used to new controls) have tired of the "pretend" mode and are now awaiting release before they jump back in.  But, anyone that has talked to any number of players in the Beta already knows all of this.  

So technically all the games that are released with similar rule-sets are doing better than DF:UW atm.  

Sephiroso

Apprentice Member

1/31/13 2:50:02 PM#51

okay not everyone played Darkfall. so seems logical to me that you'd actually somewhat explain this full-loot ruleset. i'd take it to mean if you were killed in pvp(pk'd) that whoever killed you could get all your loot.

if thats the case, astonia3 had that sort of system :D yea...take it to the old times.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

xzyax

Novice Member

OP  1/31/13 3:54:51 PM#52
Originally posted by Sephiroso

okay not everyone played Darkfall. so seems logical to me that you'd actually somewhat explain this full-loot ruleset. i'd take it to mean if you were killed in pvp(pk'd) that whoever killed you could get all your loot.

if thats the case, astonia3 had that sort of system :D yea...take it to the old times.

Thanks for the (should have been obvious) input.  I will edit the initial post to try and give a summary definition.  Does anyone else have some experience with Astonia3?  I will read up on it, and if it falls within the criteria put it in the list.  

Edit: After doing some reading up on Astonia3, I am leaning towards NOT adding it.  Each level grants you a life-stone which allows you to by-pass the dropping of loot.  A player can have a maximum of 10 life-stones at any given time.  Without any life-stones it does have full-loot though.  What are some other opinions on this game?

Havekk

Hard Core Member

2/01/13 1:51:49 PM#53
Originally posted by jdlamson75
Originally posted by Slapshot1188
Shadowbane.... unfortunately RIP

I really wish I knew about SB in its heyday.  I've heard nothing but good things about it - except for the fact that it shut down.

Sorry to ferail slightly here, but why DID it shut down?  All the positives I hear from those who have played it, it's got me wondering just why it's not still going.

Twas a fun game indeed, but this is not true. In shadowbane the loot was restricted to items in your bags only. You could not take items the player had equiped.

The shitty thing was when you forgot to repair your items as they would become damaged when killed. Then.. you got killed and heard this little noise.... You look and your shit is gone LOL. Not just non-usable until repaired... fucking gone! 

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search