Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EVE Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,406 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,214,522
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » will there be a character wipe after beta?

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
25 posts found
  shadowmonke

Novice Member

OP  12/13/12 3:01:44 PM#1

or will you get to keep your character?

i don't know why people would want to play and level up their skills only to have to start all over and replay the whole game upto that point

mgilbrtsn

Spotlight Poster

He who fights and runs away... misses out on the loot

12/13/12 3:04:22 PM#2
I can't speak for DF specifically, but every beta I've ever been in, the characters get wiped.

They are coming for you!

vonryan123

Novice Member

12/13/12 3:04:28 PM#3
TBH if this game even takes off after a start like this and the tons of people that paid for a 2-3 year beta called Darkfall. Im not sure this game will ever make a solid date or launch

gchris7

Novice Member

12/13/12 3:10:41 PM#4

Originally posted by shadowmonke or will you get to keep your character?   i don't know why people would want to play and level up their skills only to have to start all over and replay the whole game upto that point

Of course there will be a wipe. Beta is for testing and giving feedback, not playing.

Also, darkfall is a unique mmorpg. Its not your typical themepark mmo where you need to go through a predefined path in order to reach max level

Quitto

Novice Member

12/13/12 3:22:08 PM#5
Yes.

It's good to be bad.

shadowmonke

Novice Member

OP  12/13/12 5:38:00 PM#6

wow pay for a beta that wipes your character

that's insane

Cecropia

Gumshoe

Poacher killer.

12/13/12 7:15:05 PM#7
Originally posted by mgilbrtsn
I can't speak for DF specifically, but every beta I've ever been in, the characters get wiped.

I've been in many betas and almost all of them wipe before launch. In the case of Darkfall, I think it would be suicide if AV decided not to do a wipe. Imagine how many people would pass on the game if there were a ton characters that were way ahead in terms of progression and not to mention something pretty important; knowledge of the game.

A wipe is inevitable.

"Chuck's a good fighter but he's a UFC fighter... this is Pride." - Quinton Rampage Jackson
"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Holophonist

Hard Core Member

12/13/12 7:44:51 PM#8
Buying the game gives you game time AFTER the beta ends in addition to beta access.
  Holophonist

Hard Core Member

12/13/12 7:46:07 PM#9
Originally posted by Cecropia
Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

I've been in many betas and almost all of them wipe before launch. In the case of Darkfall, I think it would be suicide if AV decided not to do a wipe. Imagine how many people would pass on the game if there were a ton characters that were way ahead in terms of progression and not to mention something pretty important; knowledge of the game.

A wipe is inevitable.

While I believe a wipe is inevtiable (seeing as how he mentioned a headstart seperately from the beta), that logic doesn't really work. Why would anybody play an MMO after it's been out for a month+?

xpiher

Advanced Member

12/13/12 8:10:02 PM#10
Originally posted by shadowmonke

wow pay for a beta that wipes your character

that's insane

You aren't paying for a beta. You are pre-ordering the game which happens to also give you beta access. Sub time will not tick down until after the game officially launches. 

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher

shadowmonke

Novice Member

OP  12/13/12 8:31:55 PM#11

hmmmmmm

maybe it would be worth it then

XxGrimmxX

Advanced Member

12/13/12 8:35:57 PM#12
Yes, not based on speculation but based on the fact that this isn't the release version of Darkfall. 
  Zyzra

Novice Member

12/13/12 8:36:23 PM#13

Do Darkfall 1 owners need to pay to get the game?

That is, is their 15 dollars just getting them into the beta, or does it count as them buying the game again?

xpiher

Advanced Member

12/13/12 8:40:08 PM#14
Originally posted by Zyzra

That is, is their 15 dollars just getting them into the beta, or does it count as them buying the game again?

Everyone is rebuying the game. Owners of DFO get it for 15, new people get it for 30 at pre-order. After pre-order the price may go up to $50 for new players. No mention has been made of DFO account holders who do not pre-order.

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher

Zyzra

Novice Member

12/13/12 8:41:16 PM#15
Originally posted by xpiher

Everyone is rebuying the game. Owners of DFO get it for 15, new people get it for 30 at pre-order. After pre-order the price may go up to $50 for new players. No mention has been made of DFO account holders who do not pre-order.

huh.  What happened to all that talk of Darkfall 1 subscribers getting the new version for free?

Was that an urban legend?

Raxeon

Hard Core Member

12/13/12 9:36:13 PM#16

its a pre order with beta excess ><

Raxeon

Hard Core Member

12/13/12 9:36:45 PM#17

huh.  What happened to all that talk of Darkfall 1 subscribers getting the new version for free?

we are gettign dfuw for free we are just paying the sub price thats it

Zyzra

Novice Member

12/13/12 9:43:30 PM#18
Originally posted by Raxeon

Ah, free so long as you pay, gotcha.

I thought DF1 users would get the game for no cost. The game would come with a standard 30 days included, as they usually do in MMO land, followed by  normal subscriptions.

Do new players get a free 30 days with their 30 dollar purchase?

Topherpunch

Novice Member

12/13/12 10:59:36 PM#19
Originally posted by Raxeon

Ah, free so long as you pay, gotcha.

I thought DF1 users would get the game for no cost. The game would come with a standard 30 days included, as they usually do in MMO land, followed by  normal subscriptions.

Do new players get a free 30 days with their 30 dollar purchase?

Yes. Also not that I am not sure the game will be going to 50 dollars, I think it will be 39.99 because it says 25% off which would be 10 dollars. If it were 50 the game would be $37.5 which is a 25% discount from 50 dollars.

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

wrekognize

Novice Member

12/13/12 11:03:53 PM#20

mhm

2 Pages 1 2 » Search