Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,588 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,497
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » On the fence? This pushed me over the edge.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
33 posts found
  tom_gore

Apprentice Member

12/10/12 6:39:22 AM#21
Originally posted by xpiher

There isn't a beta. There isn't really a need for beta since the server architecture and many of the core game mechanics (how they work) were tested by DFO

I would say this quote deserves it's own Iraqi Information Minister photoshop. Any takers?

Zushakon

Novice Member

12/10/12 6:48:07 AM#22
Originally posted by Flex1
Originally posted by Fearum
Is there still going to be figure 8 danceing for melee pvp and macro's for everything?

Yes.

Unless this game is using third person view action rpg combat system[think god of war, darksiders, etc etc] then the combat will be some bland mount and blade style of taking a step back and forward hitting the opponent, jumping like stupid to hit more, strafing like crazy, etc.

Sounds like someone was horrible at DF1 combat and hasn't gotten over it yet..

DF1 combat was way beyond any other MMORPG on the market, nothing else comes even close. Of course those of you who sucked at it are never gonna admit this but w/e.

And from the looks of it combat in UW will be even better, with removal of hybrid everythings and a better UI, no need for macros anymore. Also momentum should have an effect on making melee less chaotic.

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
Zushakon Odi

BuniontToes

Novice Member

12/10/12 8:31:12 AM#23
Originally posted by DarthRaiden
Originally posted by xmenty

Can anyone link me the latest Darkfall 2 Beta video of real players ( not dev ) doing pvp in game?

I still don't get it, how is this game will be good since I cannot find any videos of any real time players pvp.

Show me the video so I will get hype up too.

There isn't a beta. There isn't really a need for beta since the server architecture and many of the core game mechanics (how they work) were tested by DFO

Why isnt there a need if this is a new game ? Lot of  DF supporter claim how the core ofthe game has been reworked from scratch ?

Here we go again whenever Tasos and his lemmings fits them they tell everyone how of anew game it is but for some reason nothing much has changed from the old one so no need to be tested.

Tork Shaw who is developing Darkfall has said in hisblog that the game couldnt be tested properly cause of lack of Beta.

There are a lot of people who are stupid.  They did not "re-develop from scratch."  They updated the existing code with features inteneded for an "expansion" but decided to re-relase the game.  A stress teest wasn't really needed.

However, there will be balance issues since the new rules have not been tested in an open beta.

Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

12/10/12 8:35:05 AM#24
Originally posted by muffins89

This pushed me over the edge.

Don't jump!  Don't jump!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

DarthRaiden

Novice Member

i make art,
till someone dies.

Forum Terrorist

12/10/12 8:38:39 AM#25
Originally posted by BuniontToes

Can anyone link me the latest Darkfall 2 Beta video of real players ( not dev ) doing pvp in game?

I still don't get it, how is this game will be good since I cannot find any videos of any real time players pvp.

Why isnt there a need if this is a new game ? Lot of  DF supporter claim how the core ofthe game has been reworked from scratch ?

Here we go again whenever Tasos and his lemmings fits them they tell everyone how of anew game it is but for some reason nothing much has changed from the old one so no need to be tested.

Tork Shaw who is developing Darkfall has said in hisblog that the game couldnt be tested properly cause of lack of Beta.

There are a lot of people who are stupid.  They did not "re-develop from scratch."  They updated the existing code with features inteneded for an "expansion" but decided to re-relase the game.  A stress teest wasn't really needed.

However, there will be balance issues since the new rules have not been tested in an open beta.

Ok  for future references to what you said here because you think you beiong so damn smart. 

According to your claim AV didn't worked on their engine to add funtionality to the game so they dont needto beta test "the changes" because there haven't be any technical ones basically.

They release the game with the same capabilities and the same core  like the old one and just put a marketing stance with calling all that a  "new game" instead of a  a patch / expansion .

Ok lets wait and see for the next obne who will call it a new game ...(Tasos does it)

Also what you think about this quote from Darkfall dev Tork Shaw who got silenced after he made it by AV ?

"My main concern has been the speed at which we have had to work to get where we are by this time. There is A LOT of balancing that you would ideally like to do in a beta release that we are struggling to manage in the short time period. "

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

BuniontToes

Novice Member

12/10/12 8:52:58 AM#26

Ok  for future references to what you said here because you think you beiong so damn smart. 

According to your claim AV didn't worked on their engine to add funtionality to the game so they dont needto beta test "the changes" because there haven't be any technical ones basically.

They release the game with the same capabilities and the same core  like the old one and just put a marketing stance with calling all that a  "new game" instead of a  a patch / expansion .

Ok lets wait and see for the next obne who will call it a new game ...(Tasos does it)

New features...yes  (updated graphics, changes to skillset, updated audio, new UI overlay, etc)

Re-written game engine which took 3 years to write....no. 

You still swing and hit the same.  You still build cities the same way.  You still shoot spells the same way.  You still move  the same.  The game engine still communicates the same way. 

The game engine may  have some new features but nothing major has changed.  Everyone had beegine before, now it is restricted to certain "roles." 

Does it impact gameplay? yes

Is it new capability added to the engine? No.

Paragus1

Highlighted Blogger

Co-Leader of Inquisition
www.inqguild.net

12/10/12 1:15:22 PM#27
I'm glad you enjoyed my retelling of DF1.0 EU history in the podcast.   Hopefully he will have me on again sometime.
  Jupsto

Novice Member

12/10/12 5:27:53 PM#28
definitely high lights some of the reasons why you want to play at launch, when there are so many unknowns. in theory there are even more unknowns at this launch because there is no beta.

My blog:

xmenty

Apprentice Member

12/10/12 10:52:44 PM#29

New features...yes  (updated graphics, changes to skillset, updated audio, new UI overlay, etc)

You still swing and hit the same.  You still build cities the same way.  You still shoot spells the same way.  You still move  the same.  The game engine still communicates the same way. 

The game engine may  have some new features but nothing major has changed.  Everyone had beegine before, now it is restricted to certain "roles." 

Well the way you said it sounded like they are just patching instead of totally a new game.

Feels like Aion 2.0.

And I still don't get it why DF:UW the no. 1 top voted games in the hype meter then if its not even a new game at all? 

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

winter

Advanced Member

12/10/12 11:17:32 PM#30
Originally posted by Consensus
definitely high lights some of the reasons why you want to play at launch, when there are so many unknowns. in theory there are even more unknowns at this launch because there is no beta.

Hehe alot of unknowms yes like how much a sub will cost and thier second release date is in one more day, How many actually believe they will relase DFUW on the 12th even though Taso said for sure it would happen just 2 days ago?

BuniontToes

Novice Member

12/11/12 11:08:03 AM#31

Well the way you said it sounded like they are just patching instead of totally a new game.

Feels like Aion 2.0.

And I still don't get it why DF:UW the no. 1 top voted games in the hype meter then if its not even a new game at all? 

In 1999 I played a game called Asheron's Call.  It provided monthly content "updates" (in fact  it still does).

Since that game every game I have payed called "updates," expansions.  Games like WoW essentially make you pay for the game again to access this expansion.

Now Av wasnt to call an "update" or "expansion" a "new game"  to be certain the rule set has changed which many companies call a new game (face it tab-target MMOs are pretty much the same). 

Who cares what they call it.  I don't neeed to buy a new game. I want to play it because I know it will be fun.

Hopfrog

Novice Member

12/11/12 1:12:53 PM#32
Didn't know Joe Rogan plays DF... good stuff!
  RoyalPhunk

Novice Member

12/15/12 12:14:30 AM#33
great podcast reminds of EvE podcasts. I'm in. Purchased it.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search