Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,545 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,121
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Long Time Darkfall Vet, Ask me anything.

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Search
151 posts found
  thinktank001

Hard Core Member

12/09/12 2:21:43 PM#141
Originally posted by gchris7

Never seen such post. 

I dont think it can only be 16. You get 9 from the roles you choose and then you have all the other basic abilities/spells avaliable to everyone.

In DF1 lesser magic had 14 spells, so if we assume that everyone will have access to those, we are already way above 20.

Im guessing that atleast some of the greater magic school spells will also be avaliable to everyone.

Now add melee-archery basic skills to all these and do the math...

I figured out where the number 16 came from.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGfEF0bS6_Q&list=UUeXzGHiwbo1U_7CLdHrAjKw&index=3   @ 1:59

It appears you have access to more than 16 skills, but only 16 skills slots at any one moment.

pdabb38

Novice Member

12/09/12 2:32:03 PM#142
Can you resurect players?
  Cstahler92

Novice Member

12/09/12 3:28:37 PM#143
Originally posted by indef
Originally posted by Cstahler92
Originally posted by muffins89
So in the latest video I saw a permission that said Issue and Allow Contracts as Defender/Mecernary. Are these actual people or NPCs?

you can hire other clans to help attack/defend others.  people.

Cool. Do they have to be aprt of a clan or can they just be clanless? Also anyone know the Sub. Fee? Or are we just assuming $15.

Sub in DF1 was $15 a month for 2.5 years, then decreased to $10 a month for the last few months, then was free for the last couple.

I'd imagine it will be between $10-15...no reason to go anymore or less.

i think $5 is perfect. I stayed on Runescape for so long jsut becuase of the $5, I assume that more people would also be willing to try, and that people who only play a couple of times a month will be more inclined to continue their subscription.

I've read sometihng about 3 classes. Are there only 3 classes or are these 3 new classes? Also whata re the races? I read 8, but never saw what they were.

wormed

Advanced Member

12/09/12 4:03:05 PM#144
If the game is great, 15 dollars shouldn't matter to anyone. 
  indef

Hard Core Member

OP  12/09/12 5:48:25 PM#145
Originally posted by pdabb38
Can you resurect players?

When you are killed you go into a "downed" state where you lay unable to do anything.  There is a 2 minute timer that runs.  During this time you can be ganked or revived.

In DF1 at the end of your 2 minute timer you died and went back to your bindstone.  In DF:UW it was announced some time ago that when your timer runs out you now auto-revive instead of dying.  This however hasn't been confirmed in the recent past.

indef

Hard Core Member

OP  12/09/12 5:54:16 PM#146
Originally posted by indef
Originally posted by muffins89
So in the latest video I saw a permission that said Issue and Allow Contracts as Defender/Mecernary. Are these actual people or NPCs?

you can hire other clans to help attack/defend others.  people.

Cool. Do they have to be aprt of a clan or can they just be clanless? Also anyone know the Sub. Fee? Or are we just assuming $15.

Sub in DF1 was $15 a month for 2.5 years, then decreased to $10 a month for the last few months, then was free for the last couple.

I'd imagine it will be between $10-15...no reason to go anymore or less.

i think $5 is perfect. I stayed on Runescape for so long jsut becuase of the $5, I assume that more people would also be willing to try, and that people who only play a couple of times a month will be more inclined to continue their subscription.

Runescape was also a browser based game with far far far far far far less work put into it then a game like DF.

I've read sometihng about 3 classes. Are there only 3 classes or are these 3 new classes? Also whata re the races? I read 8, but never saw what they were.

There are 4 classes but only 3 of them will be in the game at launch.  The elementalist (mage), the warrior (melee), and the skirmisher (archery).  The old game did not have classes so yes these are new.  There is a ton of information on them in earlier pages of this thread and in other threads.  Also lots of videos to watch.

The races are Alfar (dark elves), Mirdain (elves), Mahirim (wolf people), Torvar (dwarves), Orks (duh), Humans (duh). 6 total.

gamesrfun

Apprentice Member

12/10/12 5:53:54 AM#147

Hello Indef!

I'm going to tell you my pedigree.

If you could, tell me if I should play Darkfall: Unholy Wars.

I did not play UO or EQ.  I played an Og Mage in AC for 1.5 years and played 1 carebear AC server for an equal length of time, both  mains were level 80+ (DT 100+).

I played DAOC:  Andred, Mordred, Gaheris, Lancelot:  Healer or tank.

I played FFXI:  Healer only White Mage/Bard

I played AoC:  Guardian: Level 80

I played Rift:  Level 50 something, I can't even remember, that's how memorable it was.

I played EQ2:  Another Guardian, level 39, quit in the middle of nerfs.

I played WoW:  Too many characters to remember, cartoon boredom never let me hit past 45.

Trifled in: Eve, Anarchy Online, Horizons, AC2, D&D Online, TERA.

I love PvE grind and free for all PvP.  As in, I like someone being able to gank me while raiding.  I like sandbox.  I hate themepark, but I am not 100% attached to picking fruit trees for food either:  I just like some gank and spank on occasion.

Is this game for me?

RexTerra :)

sakkdaddy

Novice Member

12/10/12 6:09:16 AM#148

@gamesrfun - yep, definitely sounds like it.  It's very viable to casually pve in darkfall and be looking over your shoulder ready to defend yourself.  Conversely, you can also roam around solo even to some of the pve farming spots and hide in a bush, waiting for a good moment to jump a person or 2-3 depending on the situation.

From there, normal gameplay just scales up in numbers, and involves more territory control.

aranin

Novice Member

12/10/12 6:32:30 AM#149
Originally posted by gamesrfun

Hello Indef!

I did not play UO or EQ.  I played an Og Mage in AC for 1.5 years and played 1 carebear AC server for an equal length of time, both  mains were level 80+ (DT 100+).

I played Rift:  Level 50 something, I can't even remember, that's how memorable it was.

I played WoW:  Too many characters to remember, cartoon boredom never let me hit past 45.

I love PvE grind and free for all PvP.  As in, I like someone being able to gank me while raiding.  I like sandbox.  I hate themepark, but I am not 100% attached to picking fruit trees for food either:  I just like some gank and spank on occasion.

Is this game for me?

If you enjoyed AC:DT then this game is for you.

P.S this is a good DFO video to give you some feel of siege combat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWHO85nMx4A&list=UUaws_f2i8cRw8dvlmnWJGaA&index=67

Zushakon

Novice Member

12/10/12 7:07:49 AM#150

Hello Indef!

Is this game for me?

Sounds to me like you'll love DF :D Most players have similar backgrounds to you.

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
Zushakon Odi

indef

Hard Core Member

OP  12/10/12 3:36:57 PM#151

Hello Indef!

Is this game for me?

Hi RexTerra,

The part of your post I underlinded answers your question.  This is exactly what DF:UW is.  It is not a themepark panda filled candy land with fairies and unicorns.  It's a hard game where you can be someones prey at any second.  There were MANY hardcore PvE'rs in DF1 that became huge influences in the economy of the game.  There are many benefits to being rich in Darkfall and being a hardcore PvE grinder will give you huge advantages in the long run (makes gear more easily attainable, you can buy a house and teleport there for travel and pvp purposes, you can level crafting professions and be self sufficient, etc.).

This game was made for you my friend.

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Search