Darkfall is about war, it is a game about the disagreements and conflicting interests of men. There will always be those that try to hide and avoid conflict, but that has never been the road to victory. To claim power on Agon one must face his enemies head on and crush them.
The competition is fierce for Darkfall: Unholy Wars. Many clans are recruiting. They're attempting to create momentum that will carry them through the turbulent release and establish a strong presence for them in the world at war that is soon to be upon us.
This clan is no different. Except, to reach my goals I have devised not just a clan, but a machine of war. In the organizational chart above, you can see the structure of BARBARIANS and the different titles that players can earn when they become skilled enough. But under the surface of that chart is a foundation for warfare, roles in battles, divided responsibilities among leaders, production to drop enough sieges and keep the clan supplied, and even information warfare to stay on top of public opinion.
Most importantly though, it organizes every PvPer into a unit. This is important because organization gives clear direction and the drive to win battles. It also gives the ability to properly focus fire magic or archery, directing healers to hotspots or setting up healing stations, effective team buffing pre-battle and during the battle, effectively pushing together to decimate enemies with melee in areas swarming with enemy forces and giving good places to fall back to when health runs low and heals are needed.
Yes, organization is the bread and butter of Darkfall. Unfortunately, this game is played by a lot of retards who dick around, can't follow simple orders, never develop their characters, spend way too much time in chats or at the bank, lose their temper in Mumble when they are dying and blame everybody else. These people want to be in the best clans, but they don't contribute, they only disrupt organization and make things difficult for everybody else. Darkfall is a challenging game as it is, so such behaviour will not be tolerated in this clan. BARBARIANS is for the strong of mind...
This clan is not for everybody. To join this clan and contribute to it you need to fit with it. There are some basic requirements and our application form will help you to present yourself in more details. We can't know if this clan is for you, but time will tell if it's right for you. Just know that we keep our standards high and we do it for your sake as well as our own. I believe that everybody has the potential to be what he wants and to adapt himself to an environment. You've all seen how things are in clans that accept just about anybody. You have probably also seen how clans change and people leave when a bad apple ruins it for everyone else. So our goal in BARBARIANS is to keep our standards high during recruitment, but also down the road when people have established themselves in the clan. That is not to say that we don't make mistakes. After all it's human nature to commit errors. But we have one new shot at Darkfall, one chance to be great in Unholy Wars from the beginning and I believe we can inspire each other to stand tall and do our best.
For applications prior to the release of Unholy Wars we obviously can't do duels and things will be very busy at launch, so we won't have time to test everybody. Besides, it's a new game and everybody needs a chance to get into it and find his way. However, selective recruitment is our policy and we do intend to take that seriously.
- Working headset w/ microphone.
- A decent computer and a stable connection below 90 ping.
- Able to speak and understand English.
- Play Darkfall actively.
Some adv. requirements:
This is not an exhaustive list of requirements, but these are some of the main ones and from reading this recruitment topic so far you should already have a good idea of what type of players this clan is looking for.
- Most importantly, we are teamplayers and we have to be able to rely on each other 120%. Baiting, freeloading, crutching and other cowardly behaviour will get you kicked out, whereas bravery and superior skill will earn you medals, respect and even bonus rewards.
- It's also important to be competitive and motivated. Every member is expected to put forth effort into developing his character and practice. Duels in the safe surroundings of a city is good for warming up and testing new tactics. But to solidify and strengthen your abilities and prowess as a warrior you have to PK solo or duo regularly to stay sharp and improve (e.g by farming in heavily visited spawns, fighting and/or surviving outnumbered, etc.). To develop game sense and situational awareness in a group it's important that we not only participate in team duels and drills, but also frequently take part in big raids and massive sieges. This is an important part of our goals for this clan and we guarantee our members a lot of action, conflict and conquest.
- Finally, every player is expected to keep a solid personal economy. This may be difficult during extended periods of hardcore warfare. However, items in Darkfall are easy to get, so put in an effort and keep your supplies up as well as possible. Lazy and poor individuals or beggers who will not put in an effort will not last long here.
Now you are left with a decision whether to join this clan or look some place easier, where it's more comfortable and warm for your ass. Don't kid yourself, there will be battles, hard battles and only the best will come out as king of the hill.
You will be fighting alongside the giant armies of allied clans and they will look to you and to BARBARIANS to see the champions and the heroes of the battlefield. You will be renowned and respected for your actions in PVP and sieges where the heads you roll will contribute to the history that will be written in enemy blood by the conquests of our alliance.
The BARBARIANS website/portal can be reached at: http://barbarians.bestmmoportal.com/
Here you will find and application form consisting of multiple choice questions to be selected from a drop down menu, as well as questions where you can simply type your answer. Each application is printed to a closed forum section where it will be processed fairly and swiftly.
We look forward to hearing from you.
High lord of tyranny,
Warlord and Supreme General of BARBARIANS