Trending Games | Wizard101 | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,313 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,267,893
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » #1 MMORPG of all Time!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
85 posts found
  Raxeon

Advanced Member

12/07/12 2:41:04 AM#21
Originally posted by Onomas
Originally posted by Raxeon

Too many unanswered questions, not enough intel, hardly any videos on the game........... pretty high hype sensation there.

So far we know it lacks pve, no indepth crafting, housing (?), but its labeled as a sandbox. PVP doesnt make a sandbox the freedom to do what you want when you want does.

Still on the fence for this one. Ill wait a week or two after launch.

it has pve LOL and there trying to make it more worth it to pve too crafting is the samfe as df BUT with some changes it has more housing plots than the first one so get your facts straight. and i thought darkfalls crafting system was ok i hope they improve on it

[mod edit]

Post some links of this information. Be a community player and help the community [mod edit]

I see posts saying no pve, just a pvp game. See people saying the crafting is lacking. Thats why the (?) was there. Because i dont have my facts straight because there isnt a lot of intel. So instead of jumping down someones throat why dont you do the mature thing and help inform. [mod edit]

its scatter all over but i was just correcting you some points no pve is a bs call the first df had pve >< the crafting is ok but i guess we will see wont we

Phry

Elite Member

12/07/12 2:52:32 AM#22
Given that DF;UW is still an unknown quantity, and has yet to be released, it could end up being #1 for all sorts of reasons, lets hope its not because it was the #1 vapourware game of 2012
  tom_gore

Apprentice Member

12/07/12 2:52:34 AM#23
Originally posted by ragz45
Going to be amazed if the game has more than 60000 active subs by feb.  I think just like the original that DF:UW will garner a very very hardcore dedicated following.  But not grow beyond that.

I didnt get the chance to try DF1, and I am very intrested in this one. Im a sandbox junkie. Just not a lot of information that is legit and not someones delusional jibberish thinking the game will be one way or another. Plus these DF guys seem pretty rude Kind of hard to pick up a stronger following of people with low advertizement, information, etc... Why i said i will wait a week or 2. But its a good possibility.

DF's sandbox has very little toys in it. If you are not into PvP you will not find much to do in DF.

SysFail

Apprentice Member

12/07/12 3:15:03 AM#24

Too many unanswered questions, not enough intel, hardly any videos on the game........... pretty high hype sensation there.

So far we know it lacks pve, no indepth crafting, housing (?), but its labeled as a sandbox. PVP doesnt make a sandbox the freedom to do what you want when you want does.

The crafting and pve was okay, you needed many components to crate various items. Certain items would only drop from certain creatures in certain parts of the world and some only during night also.

There was housing, a house being the smallest, a large villa with a tower the biggest i believe, but of course there was also holdings, hamlets and cities both under ownership of clans until conquered of course. 

Here's a couple of links widely used in DF1, one for a crafting spreadsheet and the other showing everything you can think of on the map, mob spawns, dungeons, holdings, items etc etc

YOURMOMMAP(Need to zoom in to see mobs)

CRAFTING SPREADSHEET

User Deleted
12/07/12 3:25:48 AM#25

Highly unlikely if you are going to use a quantifiable metric, more than possible if you are speaking in terms of your own subjective opinion.

I'm not sure what people get from trying to bash or big up a game to such a massive extent really. As long as you personally find the game enjoyable, does it matter if it is the second coming or not? Does it matter if it has less than 100k subs or not (so long as it is viable)?

Still it is clear that this franchise will continue to be one the of the most polarising in the genre, with ardent fanbois gibbering hyperbole to the hills and a glut of haters who spend their time on the forums spouting utter nonsense about a game they don't even play.

Personally I enjoyed the original Darkfall for all it's flaws, if this game addresses some of those without losing too much of it's core ethos it will be my prefered mmo of the moment. I'm 99.99% sure that it wont be "teh bestest evah!" or "it's as good as pre tram!", nor have "over9000 million subs". But so what?

kanechart

Tipster

12/07/12 3:55:19 AM#26
Originally posted by syntax42

This will be the most overhyped MMO of all time!

MMOs with less than a week to release usually have hours of gameplay footage, a decent CGI trailer, and tons of screenshots.  What does this one have to prove what they are promising will be delivered?  A few rumors and people who claim to have beta tested it?

OP: You are stuck in their whirlwind of hype.  Prepare to be disappointed...

overhyped? Most of us understand this is a patched up Darkfall with some more balance some new features and ideas. To us this is pretty much like a large touch up. This is hype because most of us enjoyed the game before even though its status was poor. This status became even more poor because they stopped doing any big updates because they knew they needed to start over.

So most people here are just excited to be in game again. All the rest is a nice lick on the tip!

Check out Stardale http://stardale.net
Inspired by Minecraft procedural generation and Terraria 2D gameplay we go even further with procedural generated space and exploration. Start with almost nothing and work your way to launching rockets, satellites and even yourself into space, where a whole new set of adventures awaits you!

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

12/07/12 4:00:36 AM#27
Going to be amazed if the game has more than 60000 active subs by feb.  I think just like the original that DF:UW will garner a very very hardcore dedicated following.  But not grow beyond that.

god i hope there are not 60000 active subs.. the servers only support up to 10k people and thats not been tested since the very early days of Darkfall lol..

I can imagine the queues now LOL...

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

Raxeon

Advanced Member

12/07/12 4:17:01 AM#28
Originally posted by Caldrin

god i hope there are not 60000 active subs.. the servers only support up to 10k people and thats not been tested since the very early days of Darkfall lol..

each server hold 10k concurrent users at the most i believe but hardware has improved int he last 3 years so we will see

allendale5

Novice Member

12/07/12 7:20:30 AM#29

I agree with you but I wouldn't be surprised if we are proven wrong, simply because there are lots of us players who are searching or waiting for the next big game. 

botrytis

Advanced Member

12/07/12 7:23:04 AM#30
Originally posted by Raserei
My prediction is that this game will be the #1 MMORPG of all time. Cya in AGON!

OH man, The fan hype!! Haven't y'all learned from every other game released this year? Will it save the world - NO. Will it be the best - REMAINS TO BE SEEN. Will it be the worst - REMAINS TO BE SEEN. Guys, we went through this with SWTOR, TSW, TERA, GW2.... Please don't hype just for the sake of hyping.

Let's wait before putting in all the FANBOI hyperbole. Not a hater but waiting to see..........

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

SysFail

Apprentice Member

12/07/12 8:04:37 AM#31
Originally posted by botrytis

OH man, The fan hype!! Haven't y'all learned from every other game released this year? Will it save the world - NO. Will it be the best - REMAINS TO BE SEEN. Will it be the worst - REMAINS TO BE SEEN. Guys, we went through this with SWTOR, TSW, TERA, GW2.... Please don't hype just for the sake of hyping.

Let's wait before putting in all the FANBOI hyperbole. Not a hater but waiting to see..........

The hype's mainly coming from those of us that know what's coming, it's been a long time since 2010(Unholy Wars) was announced and post that announcement many drifted away with issues like the wipe, which came to be.

But now that the game is nearly here, people are stoked to know they will soon be slaughtering one another in a fresh Agon. Whether those who didn't like or never tried vanilla DF will find it as fun, that will come in time, but the game already has a solid player base that is itching to get in, thus the high hype on mmorpg.com and the reason it hit the mark on steam greenlight in a matter of days.

RizelStar

Novice Member

We all breathe and we all die.

12/07/12 8:06:29 AM#32
Originally posted by MadnessRealm
Alright, you can go back to your seat, Kanye.

LMAO oh my God this was good one in my opinion.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

12/07/12 8:18:13 AM#33

each server hold 10k concurrent users at the most i believe but hardware has improved int he last 3 years so we will see

I would not bet on it LOL.. Performance in darkfall could be pretty horribe even with the few hundred people left playing towards the end.. You would get lag everytime someone came close to your location so you would know someone was close by..

Also the devs have not said anything about the amount of players the servers can hold, we will take a guess and still say 10k but im pretty sure if there was 10k people on the server it would go pop.. plus they ahve made the world smaller so maybe the have reduced the player limit as well..

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

botrytis

Advanced Member

12/07/12 8:19:38 AM#34
Originally posted by SysFail

The hype's mainly coming from those of us that know what's coming, it's been a long time since 2010(Unholy Wars) was announced and post that announcement many drifted away with issues like the wipe, which came to be.

But now that the game is nearly here, people are stoked to know they will soon be slaughtering one another in a fresh Agon. Whether those who didn't like or never tried vanilla DF will find it as fun, that will come in time, but the game already has a solid player base that is itching to get in, thus the high hype on mmorpg.com and the reason it hit the mark on steam greenlight in a matter of days.

Doesn't matter. Unless it is from the developer or a gaming site review, I am of the opinion that it is overstated, plain and simple by the fans. It happened with all the other games released for the last 2 years, this will be no different.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

Bakoryo

Apprentice Member

12/07/12 8:24:52 AM#35
Originally posted by Talgen
And 15 days till the end of the world... predictions are awesome..

Hear hear. Rather funny that people can predict something out of thin air. :D

(on another note, it's rare to see someone on these forums that have an older account than me :o)

The speed of the mole and the power of steel is my weapon

SysFail

Apprentice Member

12/07/12 9:56:06 AM#36
Originally posted by SysFail

Doesn't matter. Unless it is from the developer or a gaming site review, I am of the opinion that it is overstated, plain and simple by the fans. It happened with all the other games released for the last 2 years, this will be no different.

G'luck finding a fair reviewer of DF, as most seem to be of the WoW generation and therefore have no basis in which to form an honest review of a product created for those that enjoy old generation MMO rulesets, eurogamers original review springs to mind, 3/10...

Raxeon

Advanced Member

12/07/12 1:46:47 PM#37

I would not bet on it LOL.. Performance in darkfall could be pretty horribe even with the few hundred people left playing towards the end.. You would get lag everytime someone came close to your location so you would know someone was close by..

Also the devs have not said anything about the amount of players the servers can hold, we will take a guess and still say 10k but im pretty sure if there was 10k people on the server it would go pop.. plus they ahve made the world smaller so maybe the have reduced the player limit as well..

i heard that was caused from them trying to patch the load lag and possible downgrading the servers to save money. and the total land base is close to what it was in the first darkfall

OG_Zorvan

Apprentice Member

12/07/12 1:59:13 PM#38
Originally posted by allendale5

I agree with you but I wouldn't be surprised if we are proven wrong, simply because there are lots of us players who are searching or waiting for the next big game. 

Except those players all still remember the original Darkfall. Unless you're placing your hope on all the 12 year olds who finally got access to the internet this year ( and very few 12 year olds don't have internet access as it is ), there's noone else who hasn't heard of, and ignored, Darkfall already.

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

corpusc

Novice Member

CHATTANOOGAN

contact me if you are seriously interested in
* C#
* making an old schoolish FPS

12/07/12 2:08:38 PM#39

it has housing and lots of PVE.  why would you just make up shit like that?

The End
---------------------------
i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects

corpusc

Novice Member

CHATTANOOGAN

contact me if you are seriously interested in
* C#
* making an old schoolish FPS

12/07/12 2:11:03 PM#40

Onomas,

there IS a lot of intel.  and there's even an easy to use site that lets you dig WAY back into the information flow over the years.

dfstuff.com

now study up before you make unfounded proclamations about the game

The End
---------------------------
i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search