Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,769,109 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,879
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Unholy Wars world size will be huge! But diverse? or Empty?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
46 posts found
  Niburu

Advanced Member

12/03/12 6:32:15 AM#41
Originally posted by Impeator101

So a list of things you can do in this game.

1. Raid Dungeons deep underground or above ground areas for Epic PVE encounters with huge bosses that you need a group to fight, will it have this? 

2. Questing, will the questing even have variety? 

3. Exploring (any mmo you can do this)

4. World PVP 

5. Organised PVP offenses like assaulting the enemies citie/fortress

6. Ship PVP battles

Well those are all the things you can do in the game.

1: Some dungeons have epic monsters some not, epic monsters means many hard mobs in one place or atleast a bigger "boss" mob. For the new dungeons they talked about traps and obstacles you need to overcome and different levels of the dungeon leading to a boss

2: Tbh i don't know if classic quests are in( talk to npc, do this and that) but the new system basicly is an advanced GuildWars 2 Quest System. You move into an area (cave city whatever) and it suggests you stuff you can do depending on the skills you unlocked for you character. This can lead from kill mob X to craft several of this and that swords to discover the secret cave and more

3: Its a huge world so you will have plenty to explore. Even after 3 years and heavy exploring there were still areas that i didnt really know

4: World PvP, yes this is a huge aspect of darkfall

5: villages can be capped and player cities are actually needed to live inside, so its not only "fluff2 like in GuilWars 2 for example in which ownership changes every hour. Ontop of that you got monoliths which i personally dont really like but it promotes PVP. Then you got the moongates, basicly portals in the wilderness who port you to other locations of the map, also an PVP hotspot

6: Ship battles are in but in its basic form as we have seen in darkfall 1.0 i guess an upgrade will come to this and there is alpha footage form 2003 in which darkfall already had waves and wind so i guess it will be more complex

Eyrothath

Novice Member

12/03/12 6:38:55 AM#42
Only other game that has a world as good as Darkfall is Vanguard and that game has a lot of issues..
  tom_gore

Apprentice Member

12/03/12 7:41:09 AM#43
Originally posted by Snoepie

this thread is legit..

comparing darkfall with world of warcraft..

I do question the people on this site.. whenever a game brings something new or a new game is gonna be released it has always been wow this, wow that, compared to wow that.

Poeple come with opinions.. which are later on gonna be facts..

If you never played the game.. do some research first.. or try out the game in 10 days.

Dude,

It was a Darkfall fanboi that started comparing Darkfall world detail to WoW, where we promptly flattened him and told that WoW has a lot more detail and effort put into the zones than Darkfall.

No other comparison was made, as the game mechanics obviously are different.

BuniontToes

Novice Member

12/03/12 10:49:53 AM#44
Originally posted by tom_gore
Originally posted by Snoepie

this thread is legit..

comparing darkfall with world of warcraft..

I do question the people on this site.. whenever a game brings something new or a new game is gonna be released it has always been wow this, wow that, compared to wow that.

Poeple come with opinions.. which are later on gonna be facts..

If you never played the game.. do some research first.. or try out the game in 10 days.

Dude,

It was a Darkfall fanboi that started comparing Darkfall world detail to WoW, where we promptly flattened him and told that WoW has a lot more detail and effort put into the zones than Darkfall.

No other comparison was made, as the game mechanics obviously are different.

Have you ever played darkfall? Have you ever exlored the world?  if you haven't then you have no basis for comnparison.

The key issue with Darkfall is that there are so many amazing terrain and world that were empty.  They were designed as if somehting was meant to be there but nothing.  However the world, especcially on high setting had the most detail of any game I have played (including WoW).

I will add that character graphics were not as  stunning as other games but DFO was intended for masses of players in one area.  The polygon count on the models greatly impacts performance when you have a thousand people fighting each other.

Imperator101

Apprentice Member

OP  12/03/12 6:15:40 PM#45
I really don't know about this game, if the combat is fun and there are huge epic battles then I will probably play it but the lore seems stale and the pve questing doesn't seem like it will be fun. I might just have to go back to WoW and I will if I don't like this game after it comes out.

chryses

Novice Member

12/04/12 10:26:47 PM#46

I know people have made comments about empty lands etc.  I think having vast empty spaces is needed for the lore/immersion factor.  I prefer games that are busy around hubs but if you want to wander off into the middle of no where then I should be alone or with just a few NPC's.  There is nothing more exciting than finding a great resource spot or rare NPC / dungeon that you can tell is hardly known.  Even more immersive is when you think you are alone and out of no where comes another player and you then worry about them being friend or foe.  EvE/jumpgate had this feeling as did Fallen Earth and to some degree Vanguard. IMO only.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search