Trending Games | Landmark | Camelot Unchained | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,580 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,980
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
118 posts found
  ConjureOne

Hard Core Member

12/03/12 9:10:15 AM#41
Originally posted by Magicpsychoc
Originally posted by Scellow

Most of people don't play mmo with subscription because it's too expansive , most of those game fail .. but i know a litle game "dofus" with a little subsription fee (5€/month) and it works like a charm , this company earn money and new player each month

http://www.dofus.com/fr/boutique/18-abonnements

So i think it's a good idea to kill the average price of mmo and propose a little amount

Originally posted by davestr1zl
Originally posted by Scellow

Please AV, don't start with the basic 14$/month sure you'll not win new user ..

5$/month will be a nice idea !! i'm 10000% sure that you'll earn more than if you start with 14$/ month

I know AV is an Greek company, and they need money (Economic Crisis), but don't be so tightwad and give opportunity for playing to poor person :)

and how do you know this for certain?

Because there will be more player

14 * 10 000 players =  140 000/m

5* 50 000 players =  250 000/m

DF is a good game ! so do not underestimate the possible number of subscriber if the game is under the average price of mmo's

I love when people just make things up, "Most people don't play MMO with sub..."  Just not true...and you have no data to back the rediculous statement.  I can tell you that most of the people I game with won't even tough a F2P game...I would only play games with a sub.

even if its utter poop like mortal or earthrise? I am currently playing Salem, its free, but its freaking AWESOME (it has permadeath by the way). 

And as I said before - tried firefall beta, which will also be free and its also very very good

IAmMMO

Apprentice Member

12/03/12 9:24:00 AM#42

Unless you join a zerg guild, you'll be paying to be farmed. Just like it was in DF1. It will boil down to the zerg guilds and PK hackers, just like DF1 did.

Wighty

Advanced Member

12/03/12 9:28:52 AM#43

Please for the love of god make it $20 or $30 a month. I gladly support paying for my entertainment especially at the rate of around $1 a day. The original game was worth $15 a month, with all the improvments this would easily justify a greater sub.

All you gaming degenerates need to understand that F2P or discounting subs means they have to monetize you differently and I would rather have a game be front loaded than backloaded... The price of subs have stayed the same in the last 8 or so years... It's about time we had a little inflation.

For all of you who want F2p, stick to the Korean crap that is churned out at a rate of 10 games a week their quality clearly dictates the lack of sub, plus the fact that they are designed and monetized for the asian market. Western gamers play these games for days, weeks and then quit because the content is crap...

Solid indy efforts like DF:UW deserve support, stop being such entitled little fkn brats and support the hobby you love before it becomes extinct and all that is left if hollow shells. Stop rating games on few ridiculously high standards like graphics and look at gameplay and content for a change... You can overlook things like clunky animations if the content (like in most sandboxes is so rich that there is no endgame in sight.

Get a real job and start supporting what is possibly the cheapest form of entertainment per hour on the planet.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

GwapoJosh

Advanced Member

12/03/12 9:29:08 AM#44
Originally posted by FoeHammerJT
If you cant afford 50 cents a day for your hobby. I suggest you get a job. If you have one, get a second, your current job is bad.

This^^^

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

ConjureOne

Hard Core Member

12/03/12 9:51:50 AM#45
Originally posted by Wighty

Please for the love of god make it $20 or $30 a month. I gladly support paying for my entertainment especially at the rate of around $1 a day. The original game was worth $15 a month, with all the improvments this would easily justify a greater sub.

All you gaming degenerates need to understand that F2P or discounting subs means they have to monetize you differently and I would rather have a game be front loaded than backloaded... The price of subs have stayed the same in the last 8 or so years... It's about time we had a little inflation.

For all of you who want F2p, stick to the Korean crap that is churned out at a rate of 10 games a week their quality clearly dictates the lack of sub, plus the fact that they are designed and monetized for the asian market. Western gamers play these games for days, weeks and then quit because the content is crap...

Solid indy efforts like DF:UW deserve support, stop being such entitled little fkn brats and support the hobby you love before it becomes extinct and all that is left if hollow shells. Stop rating games on few ridiculously high standards like graphics and look at gameplay and content for a change... You can overlook things like clunky animations if the content (like in most sandboxes is so rich that there is no endgame in sight.

Get a real job and start supporting what is possibly the cheapest form of entertainment per hour on the planet.

U mad bro? Also, do you have an ugly wife? I bet she's a really nice person though, right right? See what I did there? xD

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

12/03/12 9:52:37 AM#46
Originally posted by IAmMMO

Unless you join a zerg guild, you'll be paying to be farmed. Just like it was in DF1. It will boil down to the zerg guilds and PK hackers, just like DF1 did.

not really.. sure numbers will usually win in head to head fights but thats gonna be the case no matter what same in any game.. but a small skilled group can do a lot of damage.. hell ive seen zagenda faceroll twice their numbers in a fight they just knew how to do it.. and that was after the silly skill gain increase so everyone was maxed out.. so no advantage from having more character skills and so on.. ive been on a loosing end to it as well..

tactics can play a big part in the battles.. sure its easier in a big zerg but not as much fun..

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

pauly6478

Novice Member

12/03/12 10:14:44 AM#47
$7/month is the magic number to make very nice profit while gaining are larger audience. Most business' these days understand that and I would hope they would understand that lower = chance for larger following and happy fans make for longer lasting fans.
  ConjureOne

Hard Core Member

12/03/12 10:15:54 AM#48
Originally posted by Caldrin
Originally posted by IAmMMO

not really.. sure numbers will usually win in head to head fights but thats gonna be the case no matter what same in any game.. but a small skilled group can do a lot of damage.. hell ive seen zagenda faceroll twice their numbers in a fight they just knew how to do it.. and that was after the silly skill gain increase so everyone was maxed out.. so no advantage from having more character skills and so on.. ive been on a loosing end to it as well..

tactics can play a big part in the battles.. sure its easier in a big zerg but not as much fun..

yeah, i'll back you up on that, back in EVE we were outgunned and outnumbered and still we prevailed, because we had more resolve AND skills than our enemy...

Wighty

Advanced Member

12/03/12 10:24:09 AM#49
Originally posted by ConjureOne
Originally posted by Wighty

U mad bro? Also, do you have an ugly wife? I bet she's a really nice person though, right right? See what I did there? xD

Mad? Nah... just find it pathetic when people cry about a few $$ when it comes to again what is the cheapest form of entertainment we have and it STILL isn't cheap enough.

And c'mon now, if you are really comparing ones relationship to visuals in a game you must live some real fantasy life. Put down the "real doll" and get out of the basement... it's sunny outside.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

Ice-Queen

Hard Core Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

12/03/12 10:32:15 AM#50
If it's a good mmo, I'll gladly pay $15 a month. If it's a good sandbox mmo, I'd gladly pay $25-$50 a month just to weed out the kiddies. WoW is proof people still don't mind paying a subscription fee for mmo's. Can't afford it? Don't play. There are plenty of microtransaction free to play games out there, go try one.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

Hancakes

Novice Member

12/03/12 10:41:52 AM#51
Originally posted by FoeHammerJT
If you cant afford 50 cents a day for your hobby. I suggest you get a job. If you have one, get a second, your current job is bad.

or find a hobby you can afford. 

User Deleted
12/03/12 10:53:27 AM#52

They should make it 0.0034 Congolese francs per month, if they do I am over 9000% sure that they will get 9.48200482 billion subs.

Anyway, if they don't price it so that average Congolese peasant can afford to play it during their free time, well then AV are just being fascist bastards.

L0C0Man

Elite Member

12/03/12 11:56:16 AM#53

It's not always as easy as "lower price = get more money with more sales".

First it's the assumption that getting the price to $5 a month down from $15 will result in a 5x increase of subs... well, we have no way to know it. I might say as well that they will get just as many subs, or that they'll get just a 2x increase, and my prediction can be just as valid, in which case they might be losing money. Only they have enough tools to get a better idea of how much a lower price can work out (with unique website access and level of hype compared to simmilar produces recently released and how well they worked, price and cost analysis) and even then it would only amount to a more educated guess but nothing more. Also, it might be prudent to keep the regular price at first and then lower it if they plan to do it in the future (or even do a promotion of it being lower price for X time, maybe as a christmas promotion or something, and if it works, keep the lower price).

Another thing.. we humans (in general, with exceptions, of course) aren't good with numbers, our brain tends to clump them in ranges of what we consider acceptable or not... and for most people when it comes to prices, $15 seems to be a major cutting point of whether something is cheap and acceptable. I remember reading sometime ago (can't find the source now, though, but haven't looked much since I'm at work). Because of the way the brain works, we don't see much difference between paying $14 and $5 (to put an example), but go from $14 to $20, and it suddenly becomes a huge difference (note that I'm saying "we" not as in you and I, but as the average consumer). Also, that's why it's never really $15 but $14.95, so in our minds we see it as "less than 15" and put it in the lower category prices.

Plus, there's the sense of value. We are educated costumers, meaning we (mostly) know what we're getting into and see price as a secondary concern, most people don't, and in some cases lowering the price might actually have the opposite effect than the intended one. $15 and under already go into the "cheap enough" category for most people, but they still want the best value for what they pay for... and selling for a lower price might give the impression that it's a lesser value as well. There are actually cases where a product has sold better after increasing its price without doing any other change to it, solely due to the perceived value of the price Vs. other products of the same type.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

FoeHammerJT

Novice Member

Knowledge is the enemy of faith.

12/03/12 3:14:31 PM#54

Does anyone on this forum, think that a Freemium system generates less money than a subscription method for any non-Blizzard company?

Do you think the many companies/publishers moving to a freemium system are doing so to save the consumer money?

Do you think the average player that spends more than a few hours a month on one of these games is spending less than he would on the same game with a subscription?

If anyone answered Yes to any of the questions above, I'd suggest a bit more research and a bit more thought on the subject of corporate objectives.

These micro transactions have been proven to make a company more money per dollar invested in content than subscriptions do. Hence, the move by corporations to take advantage of it. While I am not totally against the ability to select what content you pay for, I suggest people think long and hard before requesting a free basic game where you pay 3.95 for each Dungeon released or Raid to play. Stop and consider how much that adds up, or how much your opponent in a game might be spending to out level/out race or even beat you over the head with the latest Champion release by Riot that costs 10 bux twice a month. 

I think the companies successfully making millions a month with this methodology have done a great job of selling less content for more dollars to a somewhat ignorant population of gamers clamoring to give Activsion another 60 bux next year for the 4th re-skinned edition of CoD. And the gamers keep of thanking them for it! 

almerel

Novice Member

My awesomeness shall return...

12/05/12 4:18:13 PM#55
The traditional P2P model has lost a lot of appeal for many gamers, myself included. This is one of the reasons there have been so many AAA title's that have gone F2P. This idea that you can just go get a new job is pretty silly right now. Heck it may not even be a job issue vs how many active subs do I want to pay for. 

-Almerel

injenu

Novice Member

12/05/12 4:56:48 PM#56
Yea well if you want to pay less per month, then buy larger chunks of time. 12.99 for 6 months, 10.99 for 12, stuff like that. 
  FoeHammerJT

Novice Member

Knowledge is the enemy of faith.

12/05/12 6:17:37 PM#57

The issue isnt really about income. Its about a mentality.

Most of the gamers enjoying the F2P blight on gaming seem to fall into two categories. Those that want to buy advantage and spend many times a subscription price to gain advantage in some way, or those that feel they are entitled to play games free of charge. I know these entitled people and I dont want to game with them. Everyone one else uses it as a free trial and moves on after a few hours. This is particularly harmful to the PVP/Compeititve gaming niches. (As SOE/Planetside 2 are finding out...)

Further you haven't really conisdered the following:

Does anyone on this forum, think that a Freemium system generates less money than a subscription method for any non-Blizzard company?

Do you think the many companies/publishers moving to a freemium system are doing so to save the consumer money?

Do you think the average player that spends more than a few hours a month on one of these games is spending less than he would on the same game with a subscription?

stugurt

Novice Member

12/05/12 9:42:06 PM#58

Plus the game will be on Steam so a cheaper subscription will be much more beneficial.

skamper

Novice Member

12/08/12 11:30:48 AM#59

I can't believe the amount of crap being spewed here. Seriously take a simple economics course at your local community college and look up supply and demand curve graphs.

I personally feel like $9.99 is the most fair monthly sub.

Vannor

Apprentice Member

12/08/12 11:52:47 AM#60

How about they just don't worry about the sub fee and actually deliver a quailty product that people want?

That's the best way to bring in lots of players.

Lowering the price doesn't make a game better. The worst thing you lose while playing a game is time and that's much more obvious when the game isn't as fun as another. People won't use something that is rubbish just because it's cheap (unless they honestly can't afford something that costs more), that applies to ALL consumer entertainment products. If there is a better game in this style that is $15 a month then that is what people will play.

By lowering the price of something you basically suggest you have a lower quality product, or make it obvious that it's popularity is low. That isn't always the case but it's how consumers judge things a lot of the time. Many people actually seek out higher pricing because they don't want to waste their 'time' by taking chances; they want to avoid experiencing something 'cheap' altogether.

The price should reflect the game's quality and the markets current rates. If it is as good as other sub MMOs priced at $15 a month.. it should be priced at $15 a month. If it isn't bringing in enough players then it can be viewed as not as good and should be lowered.

If they have made a good game they deserve to charge the highest rates available.

I can't afford to live in a mansion because they are considered better. If you can't afford an MMO that's considered better, that's life.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search