Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,640,844 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,075,494
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » New role video: Elementalist / Fire School

12 posts found
  Caaahl

Advanced Member

OP  11/16/12 11:31:55 AM#1

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYvTLi_3-SU

Caaahl / DAA KAPUTTMACHAA ---DF/DFUW

Evilskey

Novice Member

11/16/12 11:46:11 AM#2
Great video. I liked that in this one, someone was commentating. Also it was great that there was a bounce between first person view and third person view. Even though this was magic I'm pretty sure it's going to apply to archery as well. Hopefully all the trolls will stop raging about a lack of first person view since it was absent in previous videos.
  Yamota

Hard Core Member

There's a beast within every man that stirs when you put a sword in his hand

11/16/12 11:51:15 AM#3
I think what people complained about was that there is no more forced 1st person view for magic and archery. I for one is thankful it is no longer forced.

UgediBugedi

Novice Member

11/16/12 11:56:01 AM#4
Great video.
  Evilskey

Novice Member

11/16/12 12:09:18 PM#5
Originally posted by Yamota
I think what people complained about was that there is no more forced 1st person view for magic and archery. I for one is thankful it is no longer forced.

Nah the majority of complaints I saw were people complaining on facebook, darkfall's forums, and these forums about how they had removed first person archery in the videos and how they wanted it back and QQ with a little bit more QQing on the side. ESPECIALLY after the skirmisher release. The video was plagued with those remarks :P 

I agree with you though, I'm happy that you have a choice between first person / third person for magic and archery now. Each view has it's own little strategies but I'm glad player's get more freedom in that respect.

Seronys

Novice Member

11/16/12 12:46:12 PM#6
Originally posted by Evilskey
Originally posted by Yamota

Nah the majority of complaints I saw were people complaining on facebook, darkfall's forums, and these forums about how they had removed first person archery in the videos and how they wanted it back and QQ with a little bit more QQing on the side. ESPECIALLY after the skirmisher release. The video was plagued with those remarks :P 

I agree with you though, I'm happy that you have a choice between first person / third person for magic and archery now. Each view has it's own little strategies but I'm glad player's get more freedom in that respect.

No they were complaining because now when people are casting magic/shooting arrows, they can see whats on their back(remember back shots do extra damage), where as before you had to actually pay attention to the game and be self aware, now they are just handing that to you. As i stated before, they are dumbing this game down a lot.

Although i really enjoyed this video, the dragonbreath looks awful, couldn't even tell a spell was casted.
  Caaahl

Advanced Member

OP  11/16/12 12:59:38 PM#7

important observations so far:

• first/third person view switchable
  • improved first person view, where you actually see your body
  • knockbacks better implemented (not just straight up)
  • knockback intensity seems to depend on armor type (guy with heavier armor gets knocked back less)

Caaahl / DAA KAPUTTMACHAA ---DF/DFUW

Consensus

Novice Member

R.I.P Darkfall

11/16/12 1:13:35 PM#8
Originally posted by Caaahl

important observations so far:

• first/third person view switchable
  • improved first person view, where you actually see your body
  • knockbacks better implemented (not just straight up)
  • knockback intensity seems to depend on armor type (guy with heavier armor gets knocked back less)

good post, and yeah the first person was really badly done in darkfall and the forced swithing between the two was also bad.

so having it optional as well as having 1st person view thats actually decent is a huge deal.

Realbigdeal

Advanced Member

11/16/12 2:58:42 PM#9
Fire breath is horrible. I expected flametrower effect, not that effect when you open your BBQ.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Grimmx

Advanced Member

11/18/12 12:29:24 PM#10
Any info on other Role's somewhere?
  Raxeon

Advanced Member

11/19/12 7:14:42 PM#11
Originally posted by Grimmx
Any info on other Role's somewhere?

more videos should be coming out this week

SonnFere

Novice Member

11/20/12 4:41:40 PM#12
Originally posted by Realbigdeal
Fire breath is horrible. I expected flametrower effect, not that effect when you open your BBQ.

I'm hoping they fix the animation a bit... also there semmed to be an unnatural lag.