Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,373 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,078,098
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Will this game have... ?

7 posts found
  Raserei

Novice Member

OP  11/12/12 1:57:54 PM#1

1.) In-game map?

2.) More loot?

3.) Easier travelling?

4.) More new user friendly?

I didn't like DF1 because I was lost. I had no clue what to do, no clue where to go. I had to alt tab to look at user made maps. I killed some goblins, never found any loot. Got killed a bunch of times and then was lost yet again.

**** I understand this isn't a theme park. Doesn't mean there can't be any in-game maps and more direction for the player. More information IN-GAME about monster spawns and difficulty instead of having to alt tab out and look online.

I will most definitely try this since its only the price of subscription for me. I hope for the best. Very cool concept but I could never get past the clunky feel of the game.

UgediBugedi

Novice Member

11/12/12 2:05:26 PM#2

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes

Ingame map was also available in df1

Seronys

Novice Member

11/12/12 2:22:01 PM#3
i think he's referring to yourmoms map for mob spawns, some quests in d1 showed were some mob spawns were on df1 other than that, you would have to know the area you are in, where the mob spawns are, what the landmarks were, i think they are keeping it like this (you can always add map markers for resources and mob spawns). But in general 2.0 is suppose to be a lot more user and noob friendly than df1
  Topherpunch

Novice Member

11/13/12 11:02:03 AM#4
Themepark means there would be more direction for the player. Imagine you are a new born baby and you have a world to explore....Go!

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

Niburu

Advanced Member

11/13/12 12:14:58 PM#5

1: There was a ingame map in Darkfall already.

2: Yes, every mob will drop something

3: No, it won't be as easy as it was in Darkfall. Basicly you got mounts,foot and portals in the wilderness ( a few)

4: Yes, NPC cities and nearby spawns with easy mobs are safezones. The new GUI will help alot.

Basicly it sounds to me that you didn't really got the concept of a sandbox game, important part of this is player interaction.

If you have a problem ( slow travel) fix it ( buy/craft mounts)

Thats how sandbox games work and it gets easier fi you play with others.

Murdus

Apprentice Member

we own the sky

11/13/12 2:21:35 PM#6
Originally posted by Raserei

1.) In-game map?

2.) More loot?

3.) Easier travelling?

4.) More new user friendly?

I didn't like DF1 because I was lost. I had no clue what to do, no clue where to go. I had to alt tab to look at user made maps. I killed some goblins, never found any loot. Got killed a bunch of times and then was lost yet again.

**** I understand this isn't a theme park. Doesn't mean there can't be any in-game maps and more direction for the player. More information IN-GAME about monster spawns and difficulty instead of having to alt tab out and look online.

I will most definitely try this since its only the price of subscription for me. I hope for the best. Very cool concept but I could never get past the clunky feel of the game.

Join a clan at launch or before launch.

Roll with people that have a clue, if you can.

Learn to abuse those third party maps and hints, they are updated and better handled by players. By the player for the player.

Get ready to embark on adventure with friends, not by yourself. This launch will be *crazy.* It's worth getting right since it won't happen again.

Gadzy

Novice Member

11/14/12 3:53:02 AM#7
Supposedly there will even be a tutorial. Dirty casuals!