Trending Games | Landmark | Camelot Unchained | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,567 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,942
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
23 posts found
  thinktank001

Advanced Member

11/14/12 3:31:39 AM#21
Originally posted by crysent

Hello,  I've been following DF:UW for a few years now, and I've been quite excited.

I don't see any reason to be overly excited.  It is largely the same game with some " hopefully " good tweaks.   We all know from the first release that all of their " features " are usually half-assed so it is going to be better to wait out the first month.

If the grind is really gone, then there is no reason to purchase this game until others start posting videos.

azzamasin

Advanced Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

11/14/12 4:32:30 AM#22
I am looking forward to the game but not the community if this is the sort of thing one can expect lol.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Betaguy

Advanced Member

Some folks are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when pushed down stairs

11/14/12 4:34:48 AM#23
Originally posted by Kanester
Originally posted by Zadawn
Originally posted by crysent

Hello,

I've been following DF:UW for a few years now, and I've been quite excited.  I played Darkfall at release for around 6 or 7 months before quiting.  I've come back on and off throughout the last few years but could never last long.

Having read some of the negative post on this board abou the pending release and new structure of the game I though tI would post a few of my thoughts.

* The release must aboslutly be smooth.  This is very important in my opinion.  At this juncture their is no excuse for a release even remotely similar to what the original DF went through.  

* 'professions' a must - This is one of the features I am most excited about.  Without a skill cap the previous darkfall was ridiculous.  When everyone is special, no one is.  I look forward to not seeing archer/mage/warriors running around dominating everything in sight.

*Safe Zones- Awesome.  There is no reason people who have spent most of their lives grinding their characters and equipment need to be prowling around starter areas griefing new players.  All this does is push people away from the game.  I'm a huge fan of safe zones.  there is nothing 'hardcore' about griefing noobs.

*PvE - I hope to god they fundamentaly improve the fun of PvE - nuff said there.

*exploits - this to me was the biggest downfall of the original Darkfall.  The amount of exploiting by the Darkfall community was unreal.  I hope AV cracks down on this instantly in the new DF.  Exploiting even obvious aspects of the game in Darkfall was very detrimental.

*Time:  Another aspect I'm excited about - the amount of time required to be dedicated and competitve to a VIDEO GAME in the original Darkfall was ridiculous.  The only people I knew who were good PvPer's had spent unbeliable amounts of time farming/grinding/exploiting - these people were either unemployed, or had absolutly no personal life at all.  I hope the new Darkfall is much more casual friendly. I know the 'hardcore' crowd decries this, but I think it's a good thing.  Most of us have personal lives and can't spend 10 hours on a Saturday preparing for a siege, or 6 hours a day 5 days a week farming materials.

All in all I've really enjoyed what I've read about DF:UW.  I'm a little concerned by lack of footage and real solid information surronding all the professions (why is it taking them so long to release all of them?) but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and plan to reactive my old sub as soon as this game releases.  This is a one-shot deal for AV and I really, really hope they can deliver.

Then simply don't take on mmos and stick to single/coop games.

What a stupid coment, That would rule out everyone with a job. If everyone took your amazing advice you wouldn't have an mmo to play.

Op, I Agree with pretty much everything you said and im looking forward to trying DF:UW.

Im with you guys, looking forward to giving this company another shot.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search