Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | ArcheAge | Dragon Age: Inquisition

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,663 Users Online:0
Games:686  Posts:6,082,815
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Find out what wasn't answered in the Q&A

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
79 posts found
  Hancakes

Novice Member

11/02/12 5:06:16 PM#61
Originally posted by MadnessRealm
Originally posted by jdlamson75
Originally posted by Hancakes
Originally posted by Zerglet

If you want to be a trader, politician, crafter, adventurer, explorer, pirate, mercenary, courier, transporter, sailer or whatever else you can think of: Skip Darkfall

Did you even play Darkfall?  

Almost all of that was done and possible.

You are priceless

My guess is yes.  For one hour, at a goblin spawn, close to launch, with lots of deaths.

Traders? Politicians? Crafters? Adventurers? Explorers? Pirates? Mercenaries? Couriers? Transporters? Sailors?

Darkfall had that?

Seriously...DarkFall is just one giant arena filled with players crying in the chat or forum because they got "zerged".

Yawn...another "expert" with  little to no real experience playing .

jahgreen

Novice Member

11/02/12 5:07:46 PM#62

If you want to be a trader, politician, crafter, adventurer, explorer, pirate, mercenary, courier, transporter, sailer or whatever else you can think of: Skip Darkfall

You are priceless

My guess is yes.  For one hour, at a goblin spawn, close to launch, with lots of deaths.

Traders? Politicians? Crafters? Adventurers? Explorers? Pirates? Mercenaries? Couriers? Transporters? Sailors?

Darkfall had that?

Let's go back to reality for a bit shall we.

Politicians. We haven't seen many names rise in DarkFall's community as diplomats, haven't we? Because politics is relatively meaningless in DarkFall. That's why whenever there's a siege, all clans pretty much ally any clan they can while every other clan tries to join in on the battle because they're bored out of their minds. That's not politics, that's just a bunch of gladiators thrown into an arena to fight to the death.

Crafters, Traders, Transporters, Couriers. Pretty much every Darkfall players work on their crafting skills. There is litteraly nothing different between a dedicated crafter, and someone who just harvest and crafts while he AFKs to gain stats or be self-sufficient. Traders, not much going on in that area either, pretty much anybody can do it as with any MMORPG that has no centralized area to sell your things (Auction House)...unless you're talking about Trading Post....and I think I'll just leave it at that. Transporters....what exactly are you transporting? Oh right, nothing. You can just put it in your bank and take it out at a completely different bank elsewhere.

Adventurers, Explorers. What is there to explore? Has there ever been a significant discovery made hidden from players? Has there even been a purpose, a reason to explore? No. That's why AV introduced Chaos Chests. Again, I'll leave it at that, it pretty much speaks for itself.

Sailor, Pirates. Not much going on in the pillage'n plunder departement. You can't  live at the sea...you can't create your own base...nothing. Not very pirate-y is it? Instead you've got few pre-located Clan Cities, some which a harbor/shipyard to make ships. Pretty much it. 

Mercenaries. DarkFall has that (finally). In fact, that's what pretty much most clans are and have been all along, and that's exactly why Aventurine now introduces Mercenaries for DF:UW !!!!!!

Seriously...DarkFall is just one giant arena filled with players crying in the chat or forum because they got "zerged".

You sir obviously never played DF. Politics is huge. Tons of behind the scene politics happen. Even at this moment politics are happening for DF: UW and the game is not even out yet. You must have not been in a guild or not willing to inves time into a guild and become an officer to see the real politics. Second as for crafters there was definitely dedicated crafters. Cause crafts like Dragon armor or Q5 enchants to get to that skill level was to costly for the average joe. Also for living at the Sea. You can most certainly live at the Sea. I know how guilds all they did was pirate activites or  ship action. I do not think you ever played the game. Why even post when you are clueless?

Kilrain

Hard Core Member

11/02/12 5:10:03 PM#63

What I find funny about the OP is that he mentions 2 of the original Razorwax team and how DFUW will be drastically different than their vision. GO BACK to the original concept, all the postings, all the news about what DF was going to be and DF 1.0 is DRASTICALLY different than what they wanted. They found through their hard work that all that they wanted either couldn't be implemented through technology or balance. 

You remember  skill caps, skill decay, mercinaries, pets, tamable dragons and MANY other features that were promised throughout the years prior to DF1.0 and yet the game was drastically different than the original concept.

You mention 100k people ready to buy and sub to DF at release, I believe there were 150k+ people ready, however AV wasnt able to satisfy everyone at once due to server issues then quickly people began to realize that DF wasn't the game they were expecting it to be for all those years. That is largly why the population decreased as rapidly as it did, people realized AV couldn't deliver and the game didn't have what they wanted.

At least with this new iteration they (crosses fingers) are not promising a whole slew of sandbox crap that wont get implemented dissappointing thousands once again.

The game isn't butchered, there will be much more diversity in what you see on the field instead of 50 mages and 10 destroyers or vice versa. There will be more people out in the world looking for raw materials, assuming what I read on their forums about harvesting in more dangerous areas results in better materials. 

professional web programming and design. contact me if interested

Oriphus

Apprentice Member

11/02/12 5:10:09 PM#64

You are priceless

Darkfall had that?

Politicians. We haven't seen many names rise in DarkFall's community as diplomats, haven't we? Because politics is relatively meaningless in DarkFall. That's why whenever there's a siege, all clans pretty much ally any clan they can while every other clan tries to join in on the battle because they're bored out of their minds. That's not politics, that's just a bunch of gladiators thrown into an arena to fight to the death.

Crafters, Traders, Transporters, Couriers. Pretty much every Darkfall players work on their crafting skills. There is litteraly nothing different between a dedicated crafter, and someone who just harvest and crafts while he AFKs to gain stats or be self-sufficient. Traders, not much going on in that area either, pretty much anybody can do it as with any MMORPG that has no centralized area to sell your things (Auction House)...unless you're talking about Trading Post....and I think I'll just leave it at that. Transporters....what exactly are you transporting? Oh right, nothing. You can just put it in your bank and take it out at a completely different bank elsewhere.

Adventurers, Explorers. What is there to explore? Has there ever been a significant discovery made hidden from players? Has there even been a purpose, a reason to explore? No. That's why AV introduced Chaos Chests. Again, I'll leave it at that, it pretty much speaks for itself.

Sailor, Pirates. Not much going on in the pillage'n plunder departement. You can't  live at the sea...you can't create your own base...nothing. Not very pirate-y is it? Instead you've got few pre-located Clan Cities, some which a harbor/shipyard to make ships. Pretty much it. 

Mercenaries. DarkFall has that (finally). In fact, that's what pretty much most clans are and have been all along, and that's exactly why Aventurine now introduces Mercenaries for DF:UW !!!!!!

Why when i try to imagine what you look like i get a picture of Marvin from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Nacario

Hard Core Member

The real world is roleplay and background noise

11/02/12 5:11:45 PM#65

I would've actually bothered to reply to your statements, but your last narrow line pretty much explains where you're coming from.

Hancakes

Novice Member

11/02/12 5:13:42 PM#66
Originally posted by jahgreen
O

You sir obviously never played DF. Politics is huge. Tons of behind the scene politics happen. Even at this moment politics are happening for DF: UW and the game is not even out yet. You must have not been in a guild or not willing to inves time into a guild and become an officer to see the real politics. Second as for crafters there was definitely dedicated crafters. Cause crafts like Dragon armor or Q5 enchants to get to that skill level was to costly for the average joe. Also for living at the Sea. You can most certainly live at the Sea. I know how guilds all they did was pirate activites or  ship action. I do not think you ever played the game. Why even post when you are clueless?

Plus the people that marked and traded  Rune Stone /Teleport Achors could easily be considered explorers/adventures.

Zerglet

Novice Member

OP  11/02/12 5:14:50 PM#67

You are priceless

Darkfall had that?

It took 7 pages to get a constructive post from this community, a good one at that i should say. I think Aventurine should make mmorpg.com their new official forum since everyone here seems to love them.

Good thing we have lots of "experts" like hancakes on this board otherwise we would have to read all these annoying constructive posts from people all day.

Zerglet

Novice Member

OP  11/02/12 5:16:48 PM#68
Originally posted by Kilrain

What I find funny about the OP is that he mentions 2 of the original Razorwax team and how DFUW will be drastically different than their vision. GO BACK to the original concept, all the postings, all the news about what DF was going to be and DF 1.0 is DRASTICALLY different than what they wanted. They found through their hard work that all that they wanted either couldn't be implemented through technology or balance. 

You remember  skill caps, skill decay, mercinaries, pets, tamable dragons and MANY other features that were promised throughout the years prior to DF1.0 and yet the game was drastically different than the original concept.

You mention 100k people ready to buy and sub to DF at release, I believe there were 150k+ people ready, however AV wasnt able to satisfy everyone at once due to server issues then quickly people began to realize that DF wasn't the game they were expecting it to be for all those years. That is largly why the population decreased as rapidly as it did, people realized AV couldn't deliver and the game didn't have what they wanted.

At least with this new iteration they (crosses fingers) are not promising a whole slew of sandbox crap that wont get implemented dissappointing thousands once again.

The game isn't butchered, there will be much more diversity in what you see on the field instead of 50 mages and 10 destroyers or vice versa. There will be more people out in the world looking for raw materials, assuming what I read on their forums about harvesting in more dangerous areas results in better materials. 

World of Warcraft & Guild Wars have loads of diversity, theres so much to do, tons of races, classes and abilities to choose from.

Sounds great.

Zerglet

Novice Member

OP  11/02/12 5:19:38 PM#69
Originally posted by xenomonk6
lmfao embers of caeurus, yay 2016 game ftw. Fuck that shit game and everyone making it, it will be 5 engines behind by the time its released and playable on a single core p4. as for df uw. Proof or get the fuck out brah

Reality check.

We waited 10 years for Darkfall 1, three years for Darkfall: Unholy Wars.

The release date for Embers of Caerus is set for 2015-2016 depending on how their funds develop, and an extensive beta scheduled before that. Doesn't sound so bad to me.

Kilrain

Hard Core Member

11/02/12 5:29:18 PM#70
Originally posted by Kilrain

World of Warcraft & Guild Wars have loads of diversity, theres so much to do, tons of races, classes and abilities to choose from.

Sounds great.

Completely avoiding the purpose of my post. Guess you're a loss for words.

Novice Member

11/02/12 8:12:04 PM#71
Originally posted by xenomonk6
lmfao embers of caeurus, yay 2016 game ftw. Fuck that shit game and everyone making it, it will be 5 engines behind by the time its released and playable on a single core p4. as for df uw. Proof or get the fuck out brah

Reality check.

We waited 10 years for Darkfall 1, three years for Darkfall: Unholy Wars.

The release date for Embers of Caerus is set for 2015-2016 depending on how their funds develop, and an extensive beta scheduled before that. Doesn't sound so bad to me.

Wait, so your saying your holding out for a game thats not coming out for another 3-4 years?  LOL can't compare that to DF UW cause by then we'll all be talking about DF 3 which will have almost 7 years of DF beta behind it.

Yamota

Hard Core Member

There's a beast within every man that stirs when you put a sword in his hand

11/02/12 8:17:39 PM#72
Sorry but when an MMO has less than 5k subs, the argument that the game changed drastically from what it was does not hold. 5k subs cannot sustain an MMO so obviously something had to be done, if the correct thing has been done I dont know but time will tell.

DarthRaiden

Novice Member

i make art,
till someone dies.

Forum Terrorist

11/02/12 9:01:30 PM#73
Originally posted by Yamota
Sorry but when an MMO has less than 5k subs, the argument that the game changed drastically from what it was does not hold. 5k subs cannot sustain an MMO so obviously something had to be done, if the correct thing has been done I dont know but time will tell.

It had just 5k because they didn't add something to it that makes it a good game but instead release horror announcements how they will destroy all the ideas behind the game ?

regional ressource types, dynamic ressource spawns,local banking, raw mats with stats and different classes, dynamic mob spawns, mobs get extincted if they get hunted in a area too much (which was a promised DF feature) , racial warfare and incentive to hunt enemy faction, incentives to hunt down PK's according to a working alignment system   thats lets  PK's faces  "harsh consequences" (another promise) , all items craftable instead of mob drops, creating player cities on the spot you like with the building you like, planting the ressources you want to gather around your player city, place a house whereever you like, decorate your house how you like, clan tabbards, armor dyes, making ships transport something because...well..

pirates  attack cargo ships  !  DF miss the entirely idea of piracy because there is zero cargo ships !

make crafter excel in creating exceptional items - it has been claimed here in some posts  that high end crafters in DF are somehow special ? what ? any crafter with that level can craft exact the same items. No special knowledge of recipe or hidden ingredients  or special ability is needed.  Have the crafting level ?  you are as good as anyone else with same crafting level ! 

The list can go on and on ...AV decided not to work on this and to make the game more appealing and less shallow and dumb. t draws that type of player that for some reason dont spend time on better FPS games (because as MMORPG it is subpar lacking all the gameplay content and the freedom to create something) and thats seems is around 10k .

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Consensus

Novice Member

R.I.P Darkfall

11/03/12 1:03:05 AM#74

A wall of text without any real specifics, it's speculation and QQ. 

This.

maybe OP is right and unholy wars will suck, lets wait and see only a couple weeks.

Grixxitt

Apprentice Member

11/03/12 9:13:32 AM#75
Originally posted by Classicstar

P.S 100% sandbox FFA full loot red server with no safezones thats what i want.

Check out Embers of Caerus, http://www.embersofcaerus.com/content.php/212-Features

Old players of Darkfall, i know who they are, they can deliver on what they say and i can't wait to see their game.

Geee... No agenda here

LMAO...talk about vaporware.

Not vaporware but won't be out for 4 years or so.

Not even sure why he brought that up its not like these 2 games are going to be in direct competition with each other.

Darkfall 3.0 possibly, if AV is even still around in 4-5 years ;)

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

11/03/12 10:33:32 AM#76
Here's the thing. The original DF did not interest me enough to buy it while this iteration does. Will the incoming players like myself exceed the number of former customers who decide to pass on it?

If more play this time around, then AV has won their bet.

AV doesn't really care who specifically their customers are, just that they draw in more than the first time.

"The discrepancy between what we know is possible and what we currently have to choose from is beyond disappointing" - GeezerGamer
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Hancakes

Novice Member

11/03/12 2:09:28 PM#77
Originally posted by Kyleran
Here's the thing. The original DF did not interest me enough to buy it while this iteration does

Why does UW interest you over DF1?

Otoan

Apprentice Member

11/03/12 11:30:24 PM#78

I just don't understand why people get so invested into games that aren't even released yet. They bitch and moan that it took 10 years for AV/razorswax's ideas to get released. Then they bitch and moan some more that huge gamesweeping hard-to-implement changes weren't added for their benefit. They make examples of UO being sandboxy and in the same sentence bitch that Darkfall has instant travel and doesn't have local banking. Two things UO didn't have.

One thing is for certain: DF1 has some of the best pvp of any MMO I have ever played. Would I play it over other MMO's? Hell yes. It has ruined me for any tab-target MMO out there. They are just not engaging enough and I get bored very easily with them. A lot of people have this same problem. Does DF have its flaws? Yes. That's why when every single new MMO comes out, there's a serious dip in population as everyone tries the next new shiny toy, but they always come back to give ol' Darkfall another chance.

If local resources and local banking is your number one requirement in MMO's my suggestion is to go to EVE or Mortal Online. I hear they both have that sort of stuff. One's fantasy and one's sci-fi so pick your poison.

For me, and many of my current DF friends, we're going to give DF:UW a chance. And if it's something that is just completely different from something I want/expected, you can bet your ass I won't be on mmorpg.com or darkfall forums bitching about it 3 years from now.

P.S. No where in any update AV made, did they say DF:UW was going to implement changes that they could't in the first launch. EVER.

Kilrain

Hard Core Member

11/10/12 10:57:14 PM#79
Originally posted by Otoan

I just don't understand why people get so invested into games that aren't even released yet. They bitch and moan that it took 10 years for AV/razorswax's ideas to get released. Then they bitch and moan some more that huge gamesweeping hard-to-implement changes weren't added for their benefit. They make examples of UO being sandboxy and in the same sentence bitch that Darkfall has instant travel and doesn't have local banking. Two things UO didn't have.

One thing is for certain: DF1 has some of the best pvp of any MMO I have ever played. Would I play it over other MMO's? Hell yes. It has ruined me for any tab-target MMO out there. They are just not engaging enough and I get bored very easily with them. A lot of people have this same problem. Does DF have its flaws? Yes. That's why when every single new MMO comes out, there's a serious dip in population as everyone tries the next new shiny toy, but they always come back to give ol' Darkfall another chance.

If local resources and local banking is your number one requirement in MMO's my suggestion is to go to EVE or Mortal Online. I hear they both have that sort of stuff. One's fantasy and one's sci-fi so pick your poison.

For me, and many of my current DF friends, we're going to give DF:UW a chance. And if it's something that is just completely different from something I want/expected, you can bet your ass I won't be on mmorpg.com or darkfall forums bitching about it 3 years from now.

P.S. No where in any update AV made, did they say DF:UW was going to implement changes that they could't in the first launch. EVER.

old post I know, just had to say that when DF1 was released it came with maybe 20% of what everyone expected and they never added any later.

I do agree that DF1 has the best pvp out of any MMO i've played, if not I'd be playing that instead of waiting for UW. 

I think that the gameplay alone is enough to get people wanting it so badly but the lack of content prevents longevity, hence the complaints.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search