Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EverQuest | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,133 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,503
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » 3 weeks since they claimed that UW is "very playable"....

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
33 posts found
  DavisFlight

Apprentice Member

10/12/12 3:16:44 AM#21
Originally posted by AwDiddums

Why on earth would anyone in their right mind want to go through the DF debacle TWICE?

What debacle exactly? It was one of the best MMOs of the last 7 years. One of the only ones that bothered to innovate. 

khameleon

Novice Member

GAMER 4 LIFE = YOUNG 4 LIFE

10/12/12 1:14:38 PM#22
Originally posted by DavisFlight

Why on earth would anyone in their right mind want to go through the DF debacle TWICE?

What debacle exactly? It was one of the best MMOs of the last 7 years. One of the only ones that bothered to innovate. 

Yea its so good that it has to shutdown already while most games are going after 10+ years.

Its so good that 90% of the players quit within 1 year.

So good that they had to pretend to start all over from scratch and rename an update to darkfall: unhly wars to pretend its a whole new game not expansion.

DF1 was nothing like promised. You could still have fun because it was a sandbox, but a low quality game as a whole.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

ste2000

Apprentice Member

10/12/12 1:21:02 PM#23
Originally posted by Lobotomist
Same thing with original DF. They practically kept it secret until the launch

This ^^

Aventurine is the most unusual developer in the gaming industry.

They literally don't give a shit about Public Relations, but I have to say I kinda like them.

To answer the OP, I bought the original DF so I won't have to buy UW.

If you don't trust AV, wait for our reviews of the game, no need to build conspiracy theories (believe it or not, Aventurine is really that bad in PR).

Tamanous

Elite Member

10/12/12 4:38:20 PM#24

Indi-company = they get around to crap when they have time.

Fullfilling player advertising demands has nothing to do with working on the game. In fact it distracts them from it. They've already said in the past that they do not have a specialized media/advertising team so us players have to suck it up and pick on the scraps they throw us.

If they don't leave their developer holes for the next 6 weeks and finally immerge on release day looking like cast away survivors I won't mind a bit as long as the game actually works.

You stay sassy!

gravesworn

Novice Member

10/12/12 5:29:16 PM#25
Originally posted by khameleon

Yea its so good that it has to shutdown already while most games are going after 10+ years.

Its so good that 90% of the players quit within 1 year.

So good that they had to pretend to start all over from scratch and rename an update to darkfall: unhly wars to pretend its a whole new game not expansion.

DF1 was nothing like promised. You could still have fun because it was a sandbox, but a low quality game as a whole.

They didnt have to shutdown, and I think more games out there need to create a new and improved game and shutdown their garbabe. SWTOR, WoW, hell just about every themepark is garbage and could stand to emulate AVs life cycle.
  Purutzil

Elite Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

10/12/12 5:32:48 PM#26
Yeah... its a bit fishy... kind of the 'we don't want to exposed how flawed it is' tactics that they use in other games where they limit what can be seen. SWTOR did the same thing practically till the very end, only giving glimses that were far more controlled by press that they knew would comment posatively on their work despite what the product was.
  Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

10/12/12 5:36:48 PM#27

Very playable and high quality release are two very different terms, and DF:UW will likely launch in the former state rather than the latter.

They'll fix it up as they go, just like the first time around (and really, how every develoepr does it really)

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

f0dell54

Novice Member

Sanity....
It's for the weak.

10/12/12 5:40:52 PM#28

It's a 3D attempt at ripping off UO didn't innovate crap.

Hancakes

Novice Member

10/12/12 5:46:24 PM#29
Originally posted by f0dell54

It's a 3D attempt at ripping off UO didn't innovate crap.

Like thats a bad thing!

Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

10/12/12 6:18:44 PM#30

Dude that is not fair to push a developer to meet a deadline,that is asking for a crap product.

I would rather just let the developer do their thing and when they release it then we critique what is done.

I saw people push and ask for GW2 months before t was ready and look what happened.There are tons of complaints from the launch to locked forum threads.

Personally i wish devs would not deliver any kind of promise,but they already made it clear ,how they think the public perceives the game.

When asked about the project the owner said they could not take too long or players would lose interest.I believe it is a no brainer as to why they announce a timeline,it is to keep players interested.

Instead of pushing,you guys SHOULD be asking the developer to take as long as they want to make sure it is done right and COMPLETE.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

ZigZags

Apprentice Member

10/12/12 6:25:16 PM#31
If you want to know the future, study history. That shoudl explain what is going on and what release will be like.

Now: Skyrim
Later: ?
Played: M59, UO, EQ, Runescape, DAOC, SB, EQ2, WoW, EVE, Darkfall, AoC, FFXI, FFXIV, WAR, SWTOR
BOYCOTTING: EA/BioWare/Origin/SOE

Rorschach1797

Novice Member

10/13/12 10:28:40 AM#32
there is a rumor about a teaser which should have been uploaded yesterday....so it should come out within the next week
  naljeja

Advanced Member

10/13/12 1:03:37 PM#33
Originally posted by Rorschach1797
there is a rumor about a teaser which should have been uploaded yesterday....so it should come out within the next week

where's this rumor from?

They better have something for us because they hevent given lifesign of themselves for almost a week now

2 Pages « 1 2 Search