Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,844,404 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,756
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » PvE server for darkfall UW?

19 Pages First « 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 » Search
365 posts found
  User Deleted
10/10/12 3:22:58 PM#301
Originally posted by phantomghost
Originally posted by Randayn
Originally posted by Randayn
Originally posted by vonryan123

@ phatom

Your sig really?

Sorry... should I have a sig that promotes betrayal and no loyalty would that be better for ya.

yeah, cuz running around with a gun and shooting someone cuz they hit on your friends sister is loyalty?  and not snitching on a mass murderer of 5 year old children is being loyal.....sorry went off track.

I think that a flag system wouldn't be a bad idea...but....The only thing it will effect though, in a really big way, would be gear.  the gear (cept for the real good stuff) in DF is easy to obtain and you'll have tons of the same thing held in your inventory as I did....this, I believe is part of the full loot idea...it "helps" it to be viable.  If you make any form of PVE then I think all the PVE'er's will have over abundances of gear. 

Also, unless they do EXTREME sweeping changes to the pve content in DF, i really dont think there is enough to keep a PVE only player subbing for too long.

It's a PVP game...just as advertised...there are other PVE games with similar feel to them (as far as the sandboxish feel)....Ryzom, AO (it's a themepark, but not the kind that exhist today)....Im sure there are others, but those are the two I play

You can take it anyway you like, I like the quote myself... perfect for pvp.  the only racism I see is coming from others who are making assumptions.

I definitely don't think your sig is racist in any manor...it's a rap lyric...people need to get over that

I just don't think it should be anyone's "words to live by"...it's okay to enjoy the song, but you should never consider lyrics like that to promote loyalty....the first person you need to be loyal to is yourself...the only way to do that is to respect yourself.  when you follow the "words of un-wisdom" in your sig, you're completely disrespecting yourself.

Never stated it promotes loyalty but the person who complained about my sig... his sig talks about betraying his friends etc.

Yup, disrespecting myself for using the lyrics as my sig on a game forum where I am pro-pvp... don't know if I can live with myself.

thanks for putting words in my mouth.

I was talking about the statement you made "should I have a sig that promotes betrayal and no loyalty would that be better for ya."...emphasis on "no loyalty"

znaiika

Novice Member

10/10/12 4:00:23 PM#302
Originally posted by popsmoke
Ok if there is a flag option I wouldn't play it, are you happy?

Yes I would be happy with flag option and I would play DF=U too.

Nephaerius

Apprentice Member

10/10/12 4:04:28 PM#303

For those asking why not: I think you're wrong about the impact on the PvP server players experience.  I think it will have a huge mpact  to all those players.  The largest being that namely your going to divide your community.  You are now going to force yourself into a continuous PvP vs. PvE debate.  While this may be good for the folks that want PvE servers this tends to usually bite PvP players in the ass (see AoC for example).

At the end of the day, the Aventurine team has a vision for their game that matches what I would like to see in a title.  if the addition of PvE servers caused the watering down of said game or any of its features for the sake of having more subs it wouldn't be the game I wanted so badly.

TL;DR Adding PvE servers would quite possibly split development efforts, increase costs, and water down the core game (sandbox, skill based, PvP) of DFO or DF:UW now I guess.

Twitter: @Nephaerius
Steam: Neph
Xbox 360 GT: Nephaerius

Hancakes

Novice Member

10/10/12 4:13:47 PM#304
Originally posted by znaiika

You cnat possibly be that dim, now stop trolling.

Hancakes

Novice Member

10/10/12 4:44:22 PM#305
If this game had just a server for PVE, I highly doubt I would play the game. Besides the game is based off PVP anyways!

No one ask for it to be pve only server, it's iether flag option or two servers pvp and pve servers.

or they stick with the plan and you JUST DONT PLAY 

User Deleted
10/10/12 5:06:08 PM#306
Originally posted by 123443211234

[mod edit]

Yeah I'm hoping that there is a fair bit of trolling going on in this thread, because the alternative, that people are seriously proposing "Darkfall the PVE Experience". Well it's just too mind numbingly ridiculous to even contemplate.

Wraithone

Hard Core Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

10/10/12 5:30:13 PM#307
Originally posted by bunnyhopper
Originally posted by 123443211234

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can't believe this thread is still going, OP trolled us so hard.  PVE server in Darkfall pffffft. never gonna happen but it will get us all fired up!

Yeah I'm hoping that there is a fair bit of trolling going on in this thread, because the alternative, that people are seriously proposing "Darkfall the PVE Experience". Well it's just too mind numbingly ridiculous to even contemplate.

I'd say that at 31 pages, the foaming at the mouth has reached epic proportions. ^^  I can't see the point of games like DF or MO, but to each their own. 

lovebug

Apprentice Member

10/10/12 5:37:26 PM#308
well being a big daoc player in the day i used to like pvp but in this game the only thing that stops me from playing it is if you die you lose all ya stuff ?? just could not get my head arounf that 1 :)
  Cecropia

Gumshoe

Poacher killer.

10/10/12 5:49:03 PM#309
Originally posted by Hancakes
If this game had just a server for PVE, I highly doubt I would play the game. Besides the game is based off PVP anyways!

No one ask for it to be pve only server, it's iether flag option or two servers pvp and pve servers.

or they stick with the plan and you JUST DONT PLAY 

I do not know what tree these people think they're barking up, but talk about picking the wrong fucking one.

I know, let's pick one of the most PVP oriented mmos on the market and see if we can get ourselves a PVE server/flaggin option.

Wow, guys. Get it together. This is a stretch even for these forums.

"Chuck's a good fighter but he's a UFC fighter... this is Pride." - Quinton Rampage Jackson
"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Zushakon

Novice Member

10/10/12 7:27:34 PM#310
Originally posted by lovebug
well being a big daoc player in the day i used to like pvp but in this game the only thing that stops me from playing it is if you die you lose all ya stuff ?? just could not get my head arounf that 1 :)

No, just they stuff you've got on you, most of your stuff will be kept in your bank. Makes the game like 1000 times more thrilling and exciting than the rest of the games out there though.

Don't be too attached, it's just pixels :3

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
Zushakon Odi

Cecropia

Gumshoe

Poacher killer.

10/10/12 8:37:27 PM#311
Originally posted by Zushakon
Originally posted by lovebug

No, just they stuff you've got on you, most of your stuff will be kept in your bank. Makes the game like 1000 times more thrilling and exciting than the rest of the games out there though.

Don't be too attached, it's just pixels :3

Yeah, really.

It's not a big deal to have multiple replacements in the bank for anything you may happen to lose at any given time in a game like this.

The same 'ol applies here; bank often and only venture out with what you are comfortably willing to risk. It's much less painful than many people realize. 

"Chuck's a good fighter but he's a UFC fighter... this is Pride." - Quinton Rampage Jackson
"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

phantomghost

Hard Core Member

"Kill me, my man kills you, that's how you lose."

10/10/12 8:46:50 PM#312

What do you not understand?

An optional PvP flag system works in a non-pvp oriented game.  This is a PvP game, so it does not work. 

If you are not happy with PvP you are seriously looking at the wrong game.

When you log on WoW and you hate PvP so much... you do not create characters on PvP servers do you?  Or if you do... does WoW let you flag yourself for PvE only?

You know why PvP servers work on WoW... because the game is not oriented around PvP, PvP is an option there because it does not impact the purpose of the game it just adds another element to it .  Adding PvE only players on a PvP server takes away....

It would not be fair to have people that risk losing gear, money, mats, etc to compete in a market against players who do not.  It is not fair for players who risk being killed as they farm or skillup on NPC and others who do not have the same risk. 

"I see they watchin' me and takin' notes on my moves, Run up on me it's all I want I ain't got nothin' to lose."

madazz

Apprentice Member

10/10/12 9:50:23 PM#313

Anyone arguing that Darkfall should have a PvE server is in the wrong forum. End of story.

cyrician

Novice Member

10/11/12 3:27:46 AM#314

Hello all I played the original darkfall almost a year , apart from the horrendous sub fee I found the community to b brilliant . After finding some like minded players I learnt the secret to not being tanked every 2 seconds . Darkfall was. Huge place leave the starter towns and live in the wild . 

As far a pve server I disagree it would work and some people would enjoy it and I think it would open up a huge player base but ....

The game wouldn't be darkfall anymore and there is something that makes you play harder with the thought that someone could kill you any moment and trust me I remember having my head phones on hiding in the bushes listening to foot steps hoping the ganker wouldn't find me ... Hehe

cyrician Xfire Miniprofile
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

10/11/12 4:09:33 AM#315
Lovebug:

I've not played darkfall, but I have played eve and perpetuum which are also full loot.

Gear just isn't the same thing in those games as it is in games like daoc or gw2 or even more so raid grinders like wow.

Part of the appeal is managing your own risk, in eve i weigh up several factors like
The security level of where I'm going
What I'm doing when I get there
How many friends I will have with me

Then equip a ship I can afford to loose given the odds.

Every time you go out its a gamble, think of the gear you wear as your stake.
  Biskop

Novice Member

10/11/12 4:18:01 AM#316

My god, please lock this crap thread already.

Useless bullshit discussion, and utterly pointless too. People who still, after 30+ pages, can't understand why DFUW will never have a PvE server or optional PvP need to have their brains replaced.

GTFO of these forums already, we're not interested in your preferences or whether you'll play DFUW or not.

Jesus, some people...

Atlan99

Advanced Member

10/11/12 6:45:03 AM#317
This thread proves that there is plenty of interest in a Darkfall PvE server. It's something Av should definitely look into in order to bring in additional funds for the game.
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

10/11/12 6:49:38 AM#318
A pve server just wouldn't work.

It would be about as "good" as pvp servers in raid grinder games.

Now something akin to eve with varying security levels might work, but I get the opinion most darkfall fans wouldn't want that either.
  Galadourn

Advanced Member

10/11/12 6:52:16 AM#319
Originally posted by ShakyMo
A pve server just wouldn't work.

It would be about as "good" as pvp servers in raid grinder games.

Now something akin to eve with varying security levels might work, but I get the opinion most darkfall fans wouldn't want that either.

actually, I think they have somethink like EVE's SL in the works for DF:UW. For NPC racial cities at least.

http://kck.st/Xo38HT

User Deleted
10/11/12 6:54:30 AM#320
Originally posted by Atlan99
This thread proves that there is plenty of interest in a Darkfall PvE server. It's something Av should definitely look into in order to bring in additional funds for the game.

I'll give you 1/10 for making me respond to an obvious troll post.

19 Pages First « 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 » Search