Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,305 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,225,009
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » This game should be/should have....

3 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  10/09/12 11:38:27 PM#1

Im making this thread since there are a lot of suggestions here on what this game should be and what it should have.

Most of the creative suggestions include a PVE server or a lack of full loot.  I can respect this point of view considering where most who make it come from.  

DF was never about raiding for 50 hours to get purples then raiding again for 50 hours to get the better purples.  The loot in DF is short lived, easy to make...and you only wear the good stuff when your either really good or rolling with a large group...perhaps during a clan seige where the clan is supplying.

Ive seen people state that they couldnt farm for more than an hour before getting ganked...and my first thought was "yeah happend to me, i started banking my stuff every 45 min because of it"

Ive seen people state that adding pve only ect will result in more players...when the current game survived for years with under 10k subs (possibly under 5k)

This is really one of the few working full loot sandboxes made this decade.  If not the only.  Lets not get all hopefull that they standardize this game to appeal to many...it would wreck what little bit of uniqueness this game has as the only modern full loot sandbox that isnt stuck in alpha (lookin at you MO/Xyson) and has been the only to survive with a very low pop (countless dead sandboxes out there like earthrise/dawntide/shadowbane ect).

This isnt going to be a game for most, dropping the themepark mentality is extremely hard.

Also, a pve server would suck majorly...might have worked in 1.0 when the grind was epic and everything was extrmely hard to do without macroing skills for a month...but the 2.0 we see here is going to be more like a clan siege arena with little progression...since of course the only people who stuck around 1.0 hated progression and just wanted a lot of random pvp and sieges...and could care less about accomplishing an epic pve game without cheating.

Also...the new version i feel will have a lot of mechanics many "pro vets" are going to hate...limbo mode on death...momentum...crosshair wobble...safe starter areas.

Lets be honest here all you pve players...whens the last time your heart started to race and adreneline pumped while you where fishing or mining ore?  Yeah never...  thats why this game is great....theres risk.  Takes a few braincells to combat it, mainly by banking and realizing what you lose is just loot and you still keep all the character progression you gained while doing it, and extra progression you got from taking that beating that sent you back to your bind naked and bloody....not that i think progression will matter at all in the new version.

Play this game because your sick to death of pvp queues where nothing really matters...play this because your sick to death of people thinking they are pvp pro or hardcore pvpers because they rolled the OP class and can win 50 matches a day..just remember if you make it in this game you actually ARE good at pvp, and were able to risk stuff to prove it...something no one that wins at themepark pvp can say.

Yes im 100% certain this game will never keep more than 10k subs...they went after the same exact crowd thats in game now...which isnt really a bad thing...but they certainly dropped the epic pve/pvp game that 1.0 was envisioned to be and will be focusing on ffa pvp and seige warfare.  I just hope the lack of progression in the new version can keep me...hate that "oh its been a month so im maxed out" feeling in any game.

phantomghost

Hard Core Member

"Kill me, my man kills you, that's how you lose."

10/09/12 11:44:26 PM#2

I agree.  I personally liked the progression myself.

I remember raising skills for hours... thought I made some good progress.  When I quit and just started over randomly one time on NA server to see how game was... I got to my old characters skill level in no time. 

I always like to see my character improve through raising skills etc.  hopefully they didn't lower the grind too much, but either way I know I will enjoy the pvp for a while at the very least.

"I see they watchin' me and takin' notes on my moves, Run up on me it's all I want I ain't got nothin' to lose."

Ice-Queen

Advanced Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

10/12/12 10:31:01 AM#3
I was never interested in Darkfall, the first person view mode turned me away and the idea of macro'ers/exploiting so rampant made it even more unappealing to me to even try. What has got my attention is the new facelift to the game and the idea of playing with a much smaller community. Honestly, I'm sick of the millions of players games where no one knows anyone and there's no real sense of community. I'm keeping my eye on DarkFall for Nov. and hoping I have a chance to try it out. The first person view is a big issue for me as in some games it can cause me health problems with seizures. From what I'm seeing from old footage from the original, it may not be an issue for me with Darkfall though, will have to see.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot