Trending Games | The Witcher 3 | TERA | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Facebook Twitter YouTube Twitch.tv
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,984,506 Users Online:0
Games:827  Posts:6,433,310
Eldevin (ELD)
Hunted Cow Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Setting:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/30/13)  | Pub:Hunted Cow Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Browser | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:$07.49
Browser GameOut of date info? Let us know!

Eldevin Forum » General Discussion » Why is this game so hidden?

9 posts found
  rockin_ufo

Novice Member

Zoraï

OP  2/27/14 2:43:24 PM#1

So I was browsing through some gaming websites and I saw this game pop up on a few posts..then I thought back to MMORPG.com and saw it mentioned on occasion but never cared to look much more into it. Why would a browser MMO be any good? The only one that has had any meaningful success has been Runescape. Little did I know, rather then a "WoW clone", this game is a "Runescape Clone". As soon as I read that on the previous website, I had to look into it. Considering Runescape is my all time favorite MMO pre-EoC and I still log in and play Old School servers. 

I'm literally blown away by this game. Never did I think would a game reach the simple depth that no one has recreated since Runescape. The crafting is great. The combat is simple like RS, yet adds action oriented flavor in it's own unique way. Slow progression is here, there is no question on when the end-game is here; I just enjoy my experience. There's no level hubs..I see high levels crafting beside me in my starter town. The world is very organic and is filled with immersion. This is just the tip of the iceberg for me, I could ramble on about how this capitalizes on the great features from Runescape. Hell I even love some of the more WoW features it implements but doesn't overfill. 

I've read the grind get unreal past 20. At first I saw red-flags..then I realized the grind is nothing compared to that of Runescape. And with Eldevin the crafting and gathering is actually enjoyable and interactive. I don't see the problem. The "P2W" cashshop is nothing and is just experience boosts and other small things. To me I could care less if someone wants to level faster then me or buy gold. I'm here to enjoy the game, and if I'm teaming up with someone who wanted to get to their artifical endgame faster it's no skin off my bones. My biggest gripe is buying gold..but I'm willing to ignore that with how feature rich this game is and the economy seems to be doing fine.

Why there was only 60~ players on the US-East server is mind boggling to me. While this game doesn't seem fit for a big population (since the world is fairly small), having ~200-300 players on would go a long ways. Either way, I'm immensely enjoying this game and hopefully a little post like mine might add a person or two to this game. 

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination--

gemiller

Novice Member

2/27/14 7:34:53 PM#2
Originally posted by rockin_ufo

Why there was only 60~ players on the US-East server is mind boggling to me. While this game doesn't seem fit for a big population (since the world is fairly small), having ~200-300 players on would go a long ways. Either way, I'm immensely enjoying this game and hopefully a little post like mine might add a person or two to this game. 

Unfortunately what you said there is why i'm leery of putting any time in to it. I am level 6 and feel like I'm just playing an offline game. The game does seem rich and feature filled, although I do feel the sub is a little too high for what it is though. But overall it's definitely one of the best browser games I've played, shame there's no population though.

gemiller Xfire Miniprofile
  MMOman101

Advanced Member

2/27/14 7:45:47 PM#3
Originally posted by gemiller

Unfortunately what you said there is why i'm leery of putting any time in to it. I am level 6 and feel like I'm just playing an offline game. The game does seem rich and feature filled, although I do feel the sub is a little too high for what it is though. But overall it's definitely one of the best browser games I've played, shame there's no population though.

I think there is a stigma against browser based mmos.  I don't think that will change. 

Torval

Elite Member

2/27/14 7:52:21 PM#4

The game will be launching on Steam (shortly in the next couple of months) soon and will have a standalone client. I think that should help a lot.

I do see populations of 200 - 300 on the server occasionally. It's a fun game and I play it periodically.

No one has as many friends as a man with many cheeses!

Shrilly

Advanced Member

3/02/14 10:40:27 PM#5
Great quality browser mmo no doubt about that. I logged in i cannot tell you how excited i was the first quest i did. Outside of the box very clean and combat is great. Crafting is fun and there is nothing to bar you from content. This will definitely keep me busy here and there. great game.
  Prophecys

Novice Member

3/02/14 10:53:42 PM#6
Because that grind and P2P
  Mtibbs1989

Hard Core Member

3/02/14 11:12:21 PM#7

So I was browsing through some gaming websites and I saw this game pop up on a few posts..then I thought back to MMORPG.com and saw it mentioned on occasion but never cared to look much more into it. Why would a browser MMO be any good? The only one that has had any meaningful success has been Runescape. Little did I know, rather then a "WoW clone", this game is a "Runescape Clone". As soon as I read that on the previous website, I had to look into it. Considering Runescape is my all time favorite MMO pre-EoC and I still log in and play Old School servers. 

I'm literally blown away by this game. Never did I think would a game reach the simple depth that no one has recreated since Runescape. The crafting is great. The combat is simple like RS, yet adds action oriented flavor in it's own unique way. Slow progression is here, there is no question on when the end-game is here; I just enjoy my experience. There's no level hubs..I see high levels crafting beside me in my starter town. The world is very organic and is filled with immersion. This is just the tip of the iceberg for me, I could ramble on about how this capitalizes on the great features from Runescape. Hell I even love some of the more WoW features it implements but doesn't overfill. 

I've read the grind get unreal past 20. At first I saw red-flags..then I realized the grind is nothing compared to that of Runescape. And with Eldevin the crafting and gathering is actually enjoyable and interactive. I don't see the problem. The "P2W" cashshop is nothing and is just experience boosts and other small things. To me I could care less if someone wants to level faster then me or buy gold. I'm here to enjoy the game, and if I'm teaming up with someone who wanted to get to their artifical endgame faster it's no skin off my bones. My biggest gripe is buying gold..but I'm willing to ignore that with how feature rich this game is and the economy seems to be doing fine.

It's not hidden. People talked about it for a while.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Shrilly

Advanced Member

3/06/14 3:01:22 PM#8
Originally posted by Prophecys

Where is it p2p? Besides having a sub model which the deserve to have they made an excellent game with what few resources they had with flawless questing that isntover the top and makes you feel like someone important the shop has novelty and potions that allow you to. level quicker etc. I can do everything a sub member can do and its so great I'm thinking about Subbing end of this week great game with classic MMO look and feel goes to show you don't need WoW graphics and same cookie cutter game model. Also I don't find myself grinding a lot unless I am crafting whig it should be. Sorry for typo was on mobile writing this
  rockin_ufo

Novice Member

Zoraï

OP  3/07/14 4:21:28 PM#9
Originally posted by Shrilly
Originally posted by Prophecys

Where is it p2p? Besides having a sub model which the deserve to have they made an excellent game with what few resources they had with flawless questing that isntover the top and makes you feel like someone important the shop has novelty and potions that allow you to. level quicker etc. I can do everything a sub member can do and its so great I'm thinking about Subbing end of this week great game with classic MMO look and feel goes to show you don't need WoW graphics and same cookie cutter game model. Also I don't find myself grinding a lot unless I am crafting whig it should be. Sorry for typo was on mobile writing this

Echo your thoughts man. I'm subbing sometime within the next few weeks! It's a great game to play casually and a great stress relief. Just good ole fashion FUN which is what most MMO devs overlook these days.

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
'cause everyone thinks they're right,
And nobody thinks that there just might
Be more than one road to our final destination--