Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,638,845 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,073,562
Eldevin (ELD)
Hunted Cow Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/30/13)  | Pub:Hunted Cow Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Browser | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:$07.49
Browser GameOut of date info? Let us know!

Eldevin Forum » General Discussion » Im surprised this game isnt bigger with the UO fans.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
26 posts found
  Ikisis

Novice Member

OP  4/08/13 1:21:14 PM#1

This is the 2013 UO games a great sandbox taking it old school but with a revised graphic touch.

just Kudo's to this Dev team they are making a sleeper hit for sure.

If you loved oldschool UO or Runescape, What are you waiting for get in there kill someone BE SOMEBODY!

Full Loot PvP http://lifeisfeudal.com/ Next Generation Sandbox MMORPG

birdycephon

Novice Member

Not Safe For Woona (NSFW)

4/08/13 1:32:11 PM#2
Tbh, UO wasnf even that spectacular. It was just there to fill a void.
  GrayGhost79

Advanced Member

4/08/13 1:44:17 PM#3
Originally posted by Ikisis

This is the 2013 UO games a great sandbox taking it old school but with a revised graphic touch.

just Kudo's to this Dev team they are making a sleeper hit for sure.

If you loved oldschool UO or Runescape, What are you waiting for get in there kill someone BE SOMEBODY!

UO had so many mechanics and systems that made it such a unique game that no game will ever be close to being the same. It was well ahead of its time and many newer MMO's are still attempting to catchup. 

It wasn't that long ago when games like AoC and others were boasting about 50vs50 in PvP and some even trying to push 100vs100 when we had this scale of PvP back in the late 90s on dialup. 

Players are still clamoring for uninstanced customizable housing and player owned vendors which few games if any come close to delivering them even though this was something we have in the late 90s on dialup. 

Dynamic events are all the rage now days while we had live events that were ever changing and did impact our world back in the late 90s on dialup. 

The anti trinity movement and open classes has been in full swing for awhile now, players are asking for its rather often. We had it back in the late 90s on dialup. 

Virtual Worlds are what players are asking from MMO developers now days, and we of course had this in the late 90s on dialup. 

The game looks to be worth checking out but its a far cry from Ultima Online. 

severius

Hard Core Member

4/08/13 1:49:36 PM#4
Originally posted by birdycephon

Question, what void did it fill exactly?  There were PLENTY of stellar RPGs that came out at that time, Ultima IX excluded.  There were no other MMO's at the time apart from Sierra's the Realm and Meridian 59 and those were not successes by any stretch of the imagination.  Everquest was still very early alpha, if it were even out of prototyping stage and there was no one else working on mmos.  No one.  So, again.  What void did UO fill? 

DAS1337

Elite Member

4/08/13 1:54:39 PM#5
When was this made?  I'll take UO's graphics over this one.. lol
  Slampig

Hard Core Member

Whatever you do, do NOT speak ill of Asheron's Call 2...

4/08/13 1:55:02 PM#6
I am enjoying it.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Dan3099

Novice Member

4/08/13 1:55:47 PM#7
RS and UO had great pvp, this has arena and BGs

birken

Novice Member

4/08/13 1:56:32 PM#8
Been playing this game for a couple weeks and love it. I get lost in the crafting alone. It is a great breath of fresh air to have hope again for something worth playing.
  birdycephon

Novice Member

Not Safe For Woona (NSFW)

4/08/13 2:02:00 PM#9
Originally posted by severius
Originally posted by birdycephon

Question, what void did it fill exactly?  There were PLENTY of stellar RPGs that came out at that time, Ultima IX excluded.  There were no other MMO's at the time apart from Sierra's the Realm and Meridian 59 and those were not successes by any stretch of the imagination.  Everquest was still very early alpha, if it were even out of prototyping stage and there was no one else working on mmos.  No one.  So, again.  What void did UO fill? 

Apparantly I need to spell it out. The MMO void. Thats it. The only thing that mads it half as popular as it was because it was an MMO.
  HCS-Radneto

Advanced Member

4/09/13 6:04:19 AM#10
Originally posted by Dan3099

While for launch we are focused on making a great PvE experience. Optional open world PvP zones is something we're definately considering in the future!

Currently working around the clock on Eldevin

Gravarg

Spotlight Poster

For the Queen!

4/11/13 1:13:16 PM#11
I love the crafting.  It's actually a job again.  No more, "I'll spend 8 hours on my crafting and be capped" :D

Draven

Novice Member

4/29/13 3:34:17 PM#12
All the conflict, politics and heartpounding action that came with UO's open pvp system will never ever be captured with a game like this. No sense in compairing the two unless they change their watered down "wowish" pvp system.
  Talemire

Hard Core Member

Jesus is Lord.

11/25/13 3:01:52 PM#13
Originally posted by HCS-Radneto

While for launch we are focused on making a great PvE experience. Optional open world PvP zones is something we're definately considering in the future!

Are there any chances of there being a dedicated PvP server that's either FFA or faction/race- based?

------------------------------
MMORPGs are great to look forward to after a hard day of work, but heaven is the ultimate reward for those who live Christ-like.

Iczer

Apprentice Member

I want a world in a sandbox ... not a theme park!

11/25/13 3:15:25 PM#14
Can you drop things on the ground for others to pick up? I've yet to see that duplicated in any game since UO that I have played.

howtoland

Advanced Member

11/25/13 3:20:09 PM#15

No offense to you, or your game (I wish you the best), but this quote right here completely obliterates the purpose of the original post.

This is why UO fans are not all over this; it's another "PvE experience." UO fans want freedom, not hand holding. We want the freedom to murder eachother, and the freedom to judge those murderers as the righteous, and kick them out of society! Basically, the freedom to be human.

That is not a "PVE experience." PVE is part of it, certainly! Cooperation is fun! But without the threat of danger and risk vs reward, this is not Ultima Online.

Boneserino

Novice Member

11/25/13 3:28:45 PM#16
Originally posted by howtoland

No offense to you, or your game (I wish you the best), but this quote right here completely obliterates the purpose of the original post.

This is why UO fans are not all over this; it's another "PvE experience." UO fans want freedom, not hand holding. We want the freedom to murder eachother, and the freedom to judge those murderers as the righteous, and kick them out of society! Basically, the freedom to be human.

That is not a "PVE experience." PVE is part of it, certainly! Cooperation is fun! But without the threat of danger and risk vs reward, this is not Ultima Online.

Hehe ... because being human is all about  anarchy, murder, and frontier justice!!  

Damn its good to be alive!!

Who can I kill next? 

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

Holophonist

Elite Member

11/25/13 3:45:51 PM#17
Originally posted by Boneserino

Hehe ... because being human is all about  anarchy, murder, and frontier justice!!  

Who can I kill next? 

To be human is to err so yeah I'd say the ability to commit crimes and have to pay for them is pretty human.

xm522

Advanced Member

11/25/13 3:51:57 PM#18
Runescape can do that. though you have to wait for the stuff to become visible.
  howtoland

Advanced Member

11/25/13 3:52:37 PM#19
Originally posted by Boneserino

Who can I kill next? 

Well, how immersive can a world be without risk? And why does the risk always come from a static set of AI designed to fight us only when we want to fight them?

That's not fun. So, yes. Human aggression makes it more interesting. I'm sorry you don't feel the same. Doesn't make it not true though, does it?

flizzer

Hard Core Member

11/25/13 3:58:11 PM#20
As long as it is OPTIONAL OPEN WORLD PVP I might just have to dip in to this game. Im a bit peeved I havent come across this game earlier.  Sounds like a lot of fun features in this game. Im an old time Runescape player so when I heard the OP talking about UO and Runescape with this game I got excited. 
2 Pages 1 2 » Search