Trending Games | EverQuest Next | Guild Wars 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,737 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,312,419
Hammerpoint Interactive | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Horror | Status:Final  (rel 12/17/12)  | Pub:Hammerpoint Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Infestation: Survivor Stories Forum » General Discussion » Absolutely Infested with Hackers.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
57 posts found
  Jakdstripper

Apprentice Member

11/05/12 9:27:51 PM#21

good to hear they fixed zombie's hearing :P. the videos i watched had deaf zombies.

as for the cash shop, you are not telling the whole truth. you can buy things with in game currency (from killing zombies) and alos with actual cash. so those that spend cash to buy the stuff will have an advantage as they will not need to farm zombies and risk  getting killed in the process, or even worse get ganked while busy farming zombies.

there is simply no other way to say it. if you spend cash the gameplay is easier.

Kinchyle

Novice Member

11/05/12 9:34:07 PM#22

Originally posted by Jakdstripper to all those that say hackers are costing people jobs i say: on the contrary they are making more jobs for anti-hacking software.

Completely false.

WHAT anti-cheat/hacking software? And who is it you think is making money from it? I would say there are far more people losing jobs/money than there are gaining from this "anti=cheat" myth. Been like this since forever. Punk Buster can't even keep up

Jorl

Novice Member

11/05/12 9:39:09 PM#23

One night last week there was 5 of us using voice chat spent few hours going about then we got to Campus city and all the sudden we all died one by one, someone was under the map. I didn't bother raging because there was nothing that can be done and at the time it was alpha/beta.

Live streaming and advertising on popular websites such as Youtube will attract more, mainly children and adults who still live with Mummy & Daddy, and if nothing is done about it then people will leave, look at DayZ...

Its annoying yes, but lets face it. Its always going to happen in a First person shooter and is to be expected, its happened for years. But I can most definitely say, they will sure cake their undies when they are taken to court.

Ichmen

Apprentice Member

hatred enriches.life is a prison, death a release.

11/05/12 9:40:51 PM#24

well watching that live stream makes me glad i do not prepay for any mmos without trying a trial of it.

all those pvp heavy zombie games always suffer the same problems. cheat engs that imbalance the already iffy balance of the game.  all you need in these games to ruin it, is godmod and maybe no clip but with godmod you dont even need a gun just punch a person to death.

im sure someone will pip in about how its just a alpha/beta test and doesnt need anti-cheat and its soo much better for cheats to find the broken code now so its fixed later.. but 90% of the time the cheaters do not report the code errors that they craft their scripts from.  any game running a public access without security is retarded and should not be allowed to make games until they learn how to prioritize their products better.

hell warz with gamegaurd would be better then warz without any anti cheat (even though GG is a pos)

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
Evga GeForce 670 FTW
Evga P55 SLI

<

Painlezz

Novice Member

11/05/12 9:49:05 PM#25

ROFL...  

Another fail game...

You can't have an online multiplayer game without heavy anti-cheat measures these days.

Ichmen

Apprentice Member

hatred enriches.life is a prison, death a release.

11/05/12 9:51:01 PM#26
Originally posted by Painlezz

ROFL...  

Another fail game...

You can't have an online multiplayer game without heavy anti-cheat measures these days.

QFT 

its getting that you cant even have single player games without anti-cheat programs loolol at somepoint even FB games will need a punkbuster program too 

sad thing is the people who get fked over the most by cheaters... are infact the cheaters cause they never learn how to play the game legitly they forever suck at it

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
Evga GeForce 670 FTW
Evga P55 SLI

<

Boneserino

Elite Member

11/05/12 10:17:53 PM#27

Originally posted by Talonsin

I have not run into a hacker yet, I dont get a chance.  Everytime I try to enter a town, I get shot before I can search one building.  I understand this is a survival game but holy mackeral you would think I would be able to run into one person who does not want to shoot me for my noobie flashlight.  I dont really think the zombies even fit into the game right now.  It is more of a PVP game with a slight zombie annoyance than a zombie survival game.

Yes, I understand when the zombie outbreak happens that people will want to kill me for whatever I have but not EVERY SINGLE PERSON left in the world. 

Maybe the FFA  PvP community will get the message as to why their games never get made.

Because these are the people they attract!!!

Griefers, cheaters, hackers, gankers, call them what you want.   FFA PvP does not work in any form, either with hackers or without. 

I mean  really , is anyone surprised by this?

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

Righteous

Novice Member

Fearless in his righteous cause. --Milton.

11/05/12 10:26:37 PM#28
The correct terminology: cheaters. Hacking implies the person has computer skills, which in turn elevates their ego. Please, call it for what it is, it is cheating.
  Boneserino

Elite Member

11/05/12 10:37:05 PM#29
Originally posted by Biskop
Sad. Things like this really kill games. It seems these devs have made some really serious mistakes (rushed development, paid alpha access, lack of anti-cheat measures, unprofessional customer relations staff) and the game may never recover from this trainwreck of a pre-release.

Too bad all the anti-ffa people will use WarZ as an example when they try to argue against open world pvp - as if that had anything to do with its increasingly bad rep.

Oh come on, what are you blind??

Show me an open world PvP that works!  And I mean one that doesn't work for the griefers and cheaters.

The only thing that works is instanced.   

tristanryan

Novice Member

OP  11/05/12 11:42:16 PM#30
Originally posted by Boneserino
Sad. Things like this really kill games. It seems these devs have made some really serious mistakes (rushed development, paid alpha access, lack of anti-cheat measures, unprofessional customer relations staff) and the game may never recover from this trainwreck of a pre-release.

Too bad all the anti-ffa people will use WarZ as an example when they try to argue against open world pvp - as if that had anything to do with its increasingly bad rep.

Show me an open world PvP that works!  And I mean one that doesn't work for the griefers and cheaters.

Im not sure what you mean. I love PvP. I also love DayZ and WarZ. I love the feeling of risk of loss, real loss. When encounter another player in these games, you feel real adrenaline. I can feel my heart beating in my ears. If i miss that shot... i could lose *everything*. You must gives games like this a chance and you will see what i mean. Its.. a feeling not many games can provide. You might even call it a "high".

I just cant deal with cheaters.

Boneserino

Elite Member

11/05/12 11:54:16 PM#31
Originally posted by tristanryan
Originally posted by Boneserino

Im not sure what you mean. I love PvP. I also love DayZ and WarZ. I love the feeling of risk of loss, real loss. When encounter another player in these games, you feel real adrenaline. I can feel my heart beating in my ears. If i miss that shot... i could lose *everything*. You must gives games like this a chance and you will see what i mean. Its.. a feeling not many games can provide. You might even call it a "high".

I just cant deal with cheaters.

What you love is an image of PvP in your mind. 

The unfortunate thing is that for you and many others , there is not a game out there that can provide that experience.

And the reason is just as you have stated.  It is because of the people that are drawn to play these games.  You may have notions of honourable and fair and balanced PvP in an open world but the reality is that it just doesn't work.   And the reason is, because these games are littlered with the type of anti-social misfits that could not give a rats ass about fairness or honor or skill.  They just want  to kick your ass and watch you cry.  Period.  And they will do it any way they can.

So if you enjoy playing with this type of person by all means go ahead and enjoy. 

Does that make it clearer?

Aeolron

Apprentice Member

Everyones a mmo vet these days :P

11/05/12 11:56:13 PM#32
Originally posted by tristanryan

Absolutely infested. Hell, there are multiple live streams of hackers and nothing is done about it, at all. Everything from no clip, aimbot, ESP, ghosting, proximity alerts, 100% underground movement, 100% flight; the whole shabang.

Also, it gets worse.

Not only did they enter alpha/beta with *zero* anti cheat measures (which they will pay dearly for) would you like to know the ***only*** advice or reccomendation from Hammerpoint Interactive?

Wait for it...

Report the situation to a forum moderator (lol). Incase you dont know, there are no nameplates ingame, no death message of who killed you nothing. I can only imagine how some of these hack reports sound "umm someone killed me and then took off flying through the air, i dont have his name but.. ban plz". They also instantly delete any posts (thousands) that are made on the issue, in the alpha discussion forum. They would rather hide the problem.

Its ridiculous and im ashamed i wasted 50 dollars on this piece of shit. "its alpha", no it isnt, its beta and this games code has already been compromised from top to bottom. I hope for the best, but my past experience tells me this game has already started the swirling circle going down the shitter. I would provide a link to the multiple hacking streams, but it would only advertise the hack packages for sale, as little as 2 dollars for 48 hours.....................

Edit;

The NDA has been lifted for a while. Please dont lock down this post. Its a damn crime to let people knowingly spend money on something like this. Its just despicable and it makes me so fking mad i cannot describe.

Edit #2;

I dont post bullcrap. Heres proof. Im sorry, but word has to get out there. I lost 50 bucks!!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ultimatehackstream/theater

Hi Trist , I would like to thank you for bringing this to the player base here on mmorpg.com, because I WAS thinking about getting this game now when I read your post and watched the stream I am not interested at all in this god aweful piece of crap , reminds me of APB all over again but worse, it's people like this that ruin the experience for everyone, it would be awesome if some of these idiots were exposed for doing shit like that, but we also have to blame the devs , seems they really only care about money.

Really sorry you had a bad experience man , I really am, for my zombie fix I play Dead island , Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 seems to do the job, would be nice to see a massive scale survival horror game be built properly instead of rush rush rush , it pisses me off, because alot of us were looking forward to this , well not anymore!

Thank you again , you saved me 50 bucks, and in return I will give you a Planet side 2 beta code , just mail me bud!!

Take care,

Aeolron

Boneserino

Elite Member

11/06/12 12:03:08 AM#33

Now PS2 makes sense to me!

PvP with a purpose, other than mindlessly ganking other players and hopefully no cheaters. 

Enjoy the game!

Cakeisyummeh

Novice Member

11/06/12 12:58:48 AM#34
  Jorl

Novice Member

11/06/12 2:26:43 AM#35

I'm sure they are working on something to stop the cheats. We'll just have to see after the offical release.

Entinerint

Advanced Member

11/06/12 2:32:53 AM#36

Yep I can attest to this, been killed by flying guys, guys shooting through walls, guys moving at incredible speed.  One guys killed me and my three buddies with one shotgun blast, and we weren't even bunched up.

Fun stuff.

yutty

Novice Member

11/06/12 2:36:03 AM#37

ustream.tv/channel/legitplayer

another hacker

GolbezTheLion

Novice Member

11/06/12 2:38:29 AM#38

Infested is kind of inaccurate, it isn't that bad at all.

I've yet to come across one, and after introducing a friend to the game tonight ran for five hours with no threat in sight. I think it's an exagerated issue tbh, it exists, but not on the scale some might like to think.

oreal52

Novice Member

11/06/12 2:47:19 AM#39

This program is a piece of crap ( i don't call it game,there is nothing entertaining in it )

Stay away!

Yavin_Prime

Novice Member

11/06/12 2:54:43 AM#40
Originally posted by Talonsin

I have not run into a hacker yet, I dont get a chance.  Everytime I try to enter a town, I get shot before I can search one building.  I understand this is a survival game but holy mackeral you would think I would be able to run into one person who does not want to shoot me for my noobie flashlight.  I dont really think the zombies even fit into the game right now.  It is more of a PVP game with a slight zombie annoyance than a zombie survival game.

Yes, I understand when the zombie outbreak happens that people will want to kill me for whatever I have but not EVERY SINGLE PERSON left in the world. 

This is exactly why I won't play the game at all. I really can't stand games with that level of PvP.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search