Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,368 Users Online:0
Games:713  Posts:6,174,134
Hammerpoint Interactive | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Horror | Status:Final  (rel 12/17/12)  | Pub:Hammerpoint Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Infestation: Survivor Stories Forum » General Discussion » Absolutely Infested with Hackers.

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
57 posts found
  tristanryan

Hard Core Member

OP  11/04/12 9:45:08 PM#1

Absolutely infested. Hell, there are multiple live streams of hackers and nothing is done about it, at all. Everything from no clip, aimbot, ESP, ghosting, proximity alerts, 100% underground movement, 100% flight; the whole shabang.

Also, it gets worse.

Not only did they enter alpha/beta with *zero* anti cheat measures (which they will pay dearly for) would you like to know the ***only*** advice or reccomendation from Hammerpoint Interactive?

Wait for it...

Report the situation to a forum moderator (lol). Incase you dont know, there are no nameplates ingame, no death message of who killed you nothing. I can only imagine how some of these hack reports sound "umm someone killed me and then took off flying through the air, i dont have his name but.. ban plz". They also instantly delete any posts (thousands) that are made on the issue, in the alpha discussion forum. They would rather hide the problem.

Its ridiculous and im ashamed i wasted 50 dollars on this piece of shit. "its alpha", no it isnt, its beta and this games code has already been compromised from top to bottom. I hope for the best, but my past experience tells me this game has already started the swirling circle going down the shitter. I would provide a link to the multiple hacking streams, but it would only advertise the hack packages for sale, as little as 2 dollars for 48 hours.....................

Edit;

The NDA has been lifted for a while. Please dont lock down this post. Its a damn crime to let people knowingly spend money on something like this. Its just despicable and it makes me so fking mad i cannot describe.

Edit #2;

I dont post bullcrap. Heres proof. Im sorry, but word has to get out there. I lost 50 bucks!!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ultimatehackstream/theater

User Deleted
11/04/12 9:47:36 PM#2
Yikes.  Is it really this bad?  Is it possible that security measures aren't fully operational yet?  I hope it's not as bad as you say - that would be very sad if so.
  tristanryan

Hard Core Member

OP  11/04/12 9:49:01 PM#3
Originally posted by Roxtarr
Yikes.  Is it really this bad?  Is it possible that security measures aren't fully operational yet?  I hope it's not as bad as you say - that would be very sad if so.

For my sake, i wish i was trolling, even a little. Im not, and it makes me very, very sad!!!!!

DeathByCactus

Apprentice Member

11/04/12 9:58:04 PM#4

Wow omg. That sounds... horrible. I've never heard of this in an mmo before. Granted that's not to say it hasn't occured but jeeze.

EDIT: After watching a few vids on it, I don't blame the hackers. I would ruin people too in that game lol.

rudebook

Novice Member

11/04/12 10:11:52 PM#5

What I find really sad is the number of players who feel the need to hack and ruin the experience for the others and ruin companies trying to make a good game. Look at APB the game was great but went bankrupt because of way too many hackers.

Hackers are costing honest people their jobs, destroying great game just so that you little egocentric individual.

tristanryan

Hard Core Member

OP  11/04/12 10:15:13 PM#6
Originally posted by rudebook

What I find really sad is the number of players who feel the need to hack and ruin the experience for the others and ruin companies trying to make a good game. Look at APB the game was great but went bankrupt because of way too many hackers.

Hackers are costing honest people their jobs, destroying great game just so that you little egocentric individual.

I agree with this guy 100%. They are truely costing people their jobs. This should be downright illegal. I also asked about that, and im told they are sold on "educational, offline purposes only". Thats why its not illegal. HOWEVER, there is no offline version to these games!!!! Its online only!! It ruins the whole experience and it ruins it even more in games like Warz and Dayz. It just completely ruins it all. I wish my vocabulary could define how much total trash this whole situation is!!

Dogmadude360

Novice Member

11/04/12 10:26:24 PM#7
Originally posted by Roxtarr

I will not say that the OP is wrong about hackers being in the game, it is likely they are there. On the opposite side, I have not once been killed by a hacker. I have been able to confirm my deaths as either from long range rifle's, or people I have personally seen. I don't believe it is as infested at the OP says, while there are hackers, this seems somewhat exaggerated. Regardless, if this is true then I and several of my friends have just been so lucky as not to run across this problem. This game does have issues, there will always be hackers regardless of security measures, but for a game to be infested with hackers as this thread suggests death should be more common than 3-4 hours of gameplay a night for 3 days with no deaths even in high risk areas on occasion (rare occasion, but it happens).

Talonsin

Spotlight Poster

11/04/12 10:29:33 PM#8

I have not run into a hacker yet, I dont get a chance.  Everytime I try to enter a town, I get shot before I can search one building.  I understand this is a survival game but holy mackeral you would think I would be able to run into one person who does not want to shoot me for my noobie flashlight.  I dont really think the zombies even fit into the game right now.  It is more of a PVP game with a slight zombie annoyance than a zombie survival game.

Yes, I understand when the zombie outbreak happens that people will want to kill me for whatever I have but not EVERY SINGLE PERSON left in the world. 

tristanryan

Hard Core Member

OP  11/04/12 10:31:52 PM#9

To Dogmadude and Talonsin;

Read my 2nd edit, i provided a link to just 1 hacker stream, for proof.

And to Talonsin, you are being killed by hackers instantly, not regular players. You dont even know it.

Rednecksith

Apprentice Member

Bite my fiery metal ass!

11/04/12 10:40:22 PM#10

Watching the hacker's stream now, and I just have to laugh. He killed a group of about 8 people by flying around with a hammer.

Was *mildly* curious about this game for a while, but now I think I'll just take a pass. Looks like APB all over again.

Dogmadude360

Novice Member

11/05/12 10:26:42 AM#11
Originally posted by tristanryan

To Dogmadude and Talonsin;

Read my 2nd edit, i provided a link to just 1 hacker stream, for proof.

And to Talonsin, you are being killed by hackers instantly, not regular players. You dont even know it.

Thank you for bringing this to light for me. I was trying to find the videos but couldn't. Holy shit this is purely riddiculous to watch.

JayFiveAlive

Elite Member

11/05/12 11:42:42 AM#12
Yikes, I've been following this game for a bit and after seeing this crap I won't be touching it until Devs resolve the hacking... that's crap. This guy is flying all over so fast. Why do people have to ruin online games by making hacks for them :( Blah.
  aleos

Novice Member

Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.

11/05/12 11:50:43 AM#13

mmo

no anti cheat

fully functional MicroT marketplace

Biskop

Novice Member

11/05/12 12:54:58 PM#14
Sad. Things like this really kill games. It seems these devs have made some really serious mistakes (rushed development, paid alpha access, lack of anti-cheat measures, unprofessional customer relations staff) and the game may never recover from this trainwreck of a pre-release.

Too bad all the anti-ffa people will use WarZ as an example when they try to argue against open world pvp - as if that had anything to do with its increasingly bad rep.
  DMKano

Elite Member

11/05/12 6:16:35 PM#15

WarZ is an obvious attempt to cash in on DayZ's success, and you'd think after seeing rampant hacking in DayZ the devs would have made sure to put in sever side checks for player movement and positioning.

Epic fail, no way would I even consider this game in its current state, so sad, was really looking forward to it.

dais

Spotlight Poster

11/05/12 6:34:55 PM#16
I can vouch for what the OP is saying, it is every bit as bad as he says it is.  I only wish I had read up on some of the most recent posts before I bought the game.  I had been following it for a little while, and recently watched some Youtube clips of it and thought to myself "The game is available for purchase now, why don't I just go buy it?".  I really regret my decision after playing it, and I have personally died to the hands of a flying/teleporting guy with a hammer (doubt it was the live streaming guy, but still).  I am trying to get a refund now but they are taking a really long time to respond to my ticket.  Fortunately I bought it with Paypal so I have recourse that way.
  aRtFuLThinG

Novice Member

11/05/12 6:46:08 PM#17
Originally posted by Rednecksith

Watching the hacker's stream now, and I just have to laugh. He killed a group of about 8 people by flying around with a hammer.

Was *mildly* curious about this game for a while, but now I think I'll just take a pass. Looks like APB all over again.

At least APB has better anti-cheat enforcement in place now.

Even DayZ has better anti-cheat enforcement from the looks of it - at least in DayZ you know who killed you.

Jakdstripper

Apprentice Member

11/05/12 8:05:51 PM#18

to all those that say hackers are costing people jobs i say: on the contrary they are making more jobs for anti-hacking software.

seriously, this should be one of the main priorities of any pvp centered game, even more so when it's a full loot game. there is no excuse for any studio to make a game and forget to implement solid unti-cheat mesures.

also why on earth do they add a global chat and no name above players?! not even a chat message that tells you who killed you?!....completely moronic.

they better get on it quick or kiss their game goodbye. nobody will pay for this kind of crap.

Not_Khaeros

Novice Member

11/05/12 8:17:13 PM#19

Hey OP, not sure why you're sperging about 'downvotes', but that really isn't applicable here.  Your star rating is only a measure of how many posts per day you get, as far as I can tell.  It probably lowered because you took a break.  You can't vote on posts here.

As for the topic, when you attempt to rush a concept out to prove that 'you've been working on it for YEARS, GAIZ!!1!!', it tends to be shitty.

Arcondo87

Novice Member

11/05/12 8:25:05 PM#20

this game is not only hacker infested....its admins are currupt and amongs the hacker community.

P.S you can get a refund at http://support.xsolla.com/ like i did took 2 days....worst game ever. id rather play fucking pokemon

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search