Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Dragon Age: Inquisition | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,904,928 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,291,269
Hammerpoint Interactive | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Horror | Status:Final  (rel 12/17/12)  | Pub:Hammerpoint Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Infestation: Survivor Stories Forum » General Discussion » Need fast answers! Questions!

5 posts found
  Raserei

Advanced Member

OP  10/16/12 12:33:34 AM#1

1.) What's the point of the game? Yes, surviving... But I can just go afk in a corner and BAM! survive forever! What's the incentive to go out and kill? What's the incentive to play really? The gameplay video's were basically running around for a long time. Like a zombie apocalypse simulator... Please explain.

2.) If there are no uber stats or anything like that, what makes your character better than the next? Player skill? Slightly better gun that you found? What kind of skills can you learn?

3.) Does the alpha save character progress?

4.) Does the alpha have leaderboards?

ReesRacer

Novice Member

10/16/12 12:42:46 AM#2
Originally posted by Raserei

1.) What's the point of the game? Yes, surviving... But I can just go afk in a corner and BAM! survive forever! What's the incentive to go out and kill? What's the incentive to play really? The gameplay video's were basically running around for a long time. Like a zombie apocalypse simulator... Please explain.

2.) If there are no uber stats or anything like that, what makes your character better than the next? Player skill? Slightly better gun that you found? What kind of skills can you learn?

read FAQ's on the website...

skill progresses on "normal mode" only, but death means a 24-hour lock-out of your character.

sitting in a corner means death from thirst and starvation...have to scavange for "survival" items at the very least.

progression is saved on your "normal" (not hardcore) characters after alpha is over in 2 weeks, yes.

normal and hardcore leaderboards will be kept seperate.

Raserei

Advanced Member

OP  10/16/12 12:45:10 AM#3

Wait, so hardcore has permadeath but they get no skills?

Hmm...

Well, what kind of skills do you get? Doesn't say on the website

corpusc

Novice Member

CHATTANOOGAN

contact me if you are seriously interested in
* C#
* making an old schoolish FPS

10/23/12 8:27:15 PM#4
bump

The End
---------------------------
i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects

UNH0LYEV1L

Apprentice Member

10/23/12 8:36:08 PM#5
Originally posted by Raserei

A) No you can't...like DayZ if you sit in a corner you will starve to death or dehydrate and die.  You must find food water.  As for incentive, survive yes because you can't just sit still, also its fun you never know what situation your going to get into.  Overran by zombies, encounter hostile players, encounter friendly players, find awesome weapons which give you an advantage over other players, find and repair vehicles, build encampments with limited sandbox features and try to control the server or a particular area, compete on leaderboard for most time survived, zombies killed, players killed, etc.

B) Skills aren't implemented yet, but yes finding better weapons and your individual playerskill are what most impact survival rate in DayZ/WarZ.

3) Sort of...you can currently return to safe points to offload gear into a shared stash so that if you die you can use some stuff you found or transfer it to characters that arent on death penatly time cooldown.

4) yes

Its still alpha, its well presented game as in the graphics are sharp and controls are responsive, but currently BECAUSE ITS IN ALPHA there are a lot of bugs and features left to be implemented.  Items are few and far between and vehicles are nonexistent yet.

Currently DayZ mod offers a better overall experience, however I'm pretty confident that the game will recieve additions as time progresses.

Skill progression isn't implemented yet, but will likely have things to steady your aim, let you go longer before starving/dehydrating, increase sprint duration, lower the noise you make while moving, etc.

Spiritsever - AR/Ele - The Secret World
Ashmaker - Ranger < Prophets > - Age of Conan - #1 in Kills
Sweety - Sorceress < Infinite Darkeness > - SWTOR - 2.6K PvP Rating
??? - Pilot - ??? - EVE
Symir - Swordmaster - Warhammer - RR100
Dreadnaught - Rogue - Rift