Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,784,582 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,545
Hammerpoint Interactive | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Horror | Status:Final  (rel 12/17/12)  | Pub:Hammerpoint Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

6 posts found
  DeaconX

Novice Member

Stand up for what you believe; Even if you stand alone.
-==X==-
SHH, my COMMON SENSE is tingling!

OP  7/20/12 3:08:51 PM#1

What features would you like to see in game?

One thing I love a lot in DayZ is the proximity voice chat.  When you're crawling around in the darkness and you hear some people nearby having a conversation... and because you're in proximity, they can hear you should you choose to say hey instead of being a jerk and just taking them out ;)

Considering this is a shooter, I'd love that VOIP intergrated into the game where everyone in your vacinity can hear you.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Ichmen

Apprentice Member

hatred enriches.
life is a prison, death a release.

7/20/12 3:17:41 PM#2

voip is touchy. not everyone wants to use voip in a game as well some games refuse to use it as it adds to their production costs.  if they develop their own voip software or use stuff like TS3/vent/mumble ect..  

if voip is added it would be nice if it was toggleable so if i do not want to use it, i can choose so. and visa versa.. i dislike games with forced voip as you always ALWAYS run in to a 10yr screaming about stupid junk (screaming or has no clue how to setup a mic either way.. ear rape = no fun)

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
Evga GeForce 670 FTW
Evga P55 SLI

<

DeaconX

Novice Member

-==X==-

OP  7/20/12 3:23:44 PM#3
Originally posted by Ichmen

voip is touchy. not everyone wants to use voip in a game as well some games refuse to use it as it adds to their production costs.  if they develop their own voip software or use stuff like TS3/vent/mumble ect..  

if voip is added it would be nice if it was toggleable so if i do not want to use it, i can choose so. and visa versa.. i dislike games with forced voip as you always ALWAYS run in to a 10yr screaming about stupid junk (screaming or has no clue how to setup a mic either way.. ear rape = no fun)

Very true it can certainly be tricky.  I feel that for games where communication is key to survival with others, it's definitely something people should take advantage of if they're going to group up with people.

As for 10yr olds... I almost wish the game would get a mature rating.  I know it wouldn't stop every 'child' from getting in, but it would help.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

Ichmen

Apprentice Member

hatred enriches.
life is a prison, death a release.

7/20/12 3:26:34 PM#4

yup. parents buy anything the kid wants to shut them up now days lolol. text is a working substitute but i know from past games  you wind up getting killed trying to type out stuff.  but then again some hearing impaired people are stuck to text. so voip would need to be an option not manditory to play the game

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
Evga GeForce 670 FTW
Evga P55 SLI

<

DeaconX

Novice Member

-==X==-

OP  7/20/12 3:35:37 PM#5

Great thing though? VOIP vacinity = Annoying child talking like he's playing CoD? Drop him.  Hopefully you're playing on a permadeath server but even if you're on a normal server, you won't hear their voice for at least 24-48 hours ;)

Sothage

Novice Member

7/23/12 11:11:08 PM#6

Content updates

Constructibles

• Makeshift defenses
  • Reinforceable objects (Doors/walls/etc)
  • Towns (make your own village/town/etc)
  • Hiriables (Hire guards, builders, service personnel; but still REQUIRE player input to build and upkeep)
  • Crafting stuffs (equipment and objects)
  • Terrain hooks for objects. If it makes sense to go there; it should be possible

Destructibles
  • Like, everything in the game should be destructible with enough firepower (said firepower should be scarce, like make you think twice about using it scarce)
  • See above
Proximity Chat (maybe voice too [Preferably radial, not zone])

Crazy ass zombies, new zombies. Maybe have a pool of special abilities (talking like super speed/tongue attack/vomit/blabityblahblah) and let some randomization of them happen. Not even a set amount, let it be possible that they could potentially have all of them; but yeah. Maybe not all zombies, but during an event let randomized chaos rule. Set, scripted shit is lame. Chaotic, never the same thing twice is good.

Raids, not even talking about 40 players on a monster shit. I mean zombie hordes smell blood and swarm all over your encampment or group and starts an event focused on killing you. Make it tiered, make the tiers be randomized to some degree. Also, make the triggers for completing or beginning an event/tier hidden (+random). So lets say you set off a car alarm (why the fuck do zombies care about car alarms btw?); and then a swarm runs out from everywhere. Well don't make said alarm the only trigger. Maybe someone in your party dies, the fresh blood is noticed by the zombies, potential trigger. Multiple (like at least 20) hidden potential triggers.

I could list a lot more, but the game doesn't really seem to have a set direction and it's a fairly new concept. Is this going to be some post-apocalyptice wasteland where everyone is fighting for survival and you can waste other players on the way? Or is it going to be a coordinated player effort to survive? Or is it going to be a scenario where you have to group and beat some big mean super zombie?

If it's a open world free reign kill anyone type of setting; obviously stealing resources needs to have a place and effect on the world. Towns near waste treatment facilities and people to run them; for instance. Etc

If it's coordinate and survive; death needs to have a serious consequence. Temporary zombification? Honestly, I'm not sure what else there could be. For an MMO permadeath seems a bit extreme, and respawning at a waypoint seems a bit lacking. There needs to be some middle ground and honestly; in the 10 minutes i've been typing, I've not got a good one.

If it's beat the big badguy; it needs to be a concentrated descreet effort; with limited extreme rewards and unanimous small reward. This setup is the most boring but the most easily expandable.

I think the best thing would be to combine these three. Make there a section or map or server that is openpvp/town sieging/resource stealing/etc. Make an event or scenario that is fight to survive, with death resulting in expulsion or zombification (with randomized ability pools?). While still having the big badguy events/maps.

Most important thing: intuitive, interactive, reactive, fast paced combat. Usable objects that make sense. Things that would explode should. Big zombie leans back to make a big smash, you dive out of the way or die. Zombie roars in frustration; you shoot him in the back of the throat for guaranteed crits (yeah, kudos borderlands; but it's just an example). 

Etc.

Two cents inserted.