Trending Games | ArcheAge | Destiny | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,373 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,239,596
Hammerpoint Interactive | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Horror | Status:Final  (rel 12/17/12)  | Pub:Hammerpoint Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Infestation: Survivor Stories Forum » General Discussion » Terms of use copied from LoL

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  Synthetick

Guru

10/15/12 9:52:30 PM#21
Originally posted by Dotix
Originally posted by benit59

There's nothing unusual about reusing standard agreements from other sources. People do it all the time in the legal world. A lot of people need basic legal documents/agreements with the same kinds of conditions and statements. Most wills are identical...the only difference being who gets the dead guys stuff.

It is the exact same animations, models, vehicles, textures, lighting, everything is the exact same but some blood a different character screen and one button removed. They changed the colores and added a background image, it is basically 90% of WarInc

You do know there's PLENTY of videos, proof, and evidence floating around supporting you, right? Why are you debating this, Dotix? Do some research. War Z is essentially a stand-alone WarInc mod, created by a subsidary company owned by the creators of WarInc.

I'm as surprised as seeing the differences as I am from any stand-alone Source game. You guys are beating a dead horse.

phantomghost

Advanced Member

"Kill me, my man kills you, that's how you lose."

10/15/12 9:55:17 PM#22

Part that gets me... did you actually read/skim this?

Sounds like you put more time into this than they did lol.

"I see they watchin' me and takin' notes on my moves, Run up on me it's all I want I ain't got nothin' to lose."

krage

Apprentice Member

10/15/12 10:04:42 PM#23

I dont blame them using another companies TOS, usually its all the same stuff anyways...only difference being some nouns. Those differences in nouns, by the way, will cost a company several thousands of dollars for a BS lawyer to change them at 350 dollars an hour at least.

So really this should be standard for companies who arent in the habit of burning money. Spending money on a lawyer to do the same exact thing using a sperate "Boiler plate" document + new nouns is just silly and overpriced.

I have worked with several lawyers for such things and from my experience working with them I have learned how full of it and overpaid they are, I am glad to see companies skipping on their nonsense when possible. The entire legal industry needs a nice jolt of reality, the kind only offered by companies realizing how easy most of their work is...not all of it, but in the case of TOS and standard contracts it is realllllllllly BS as they prey on ignorance.

...although this company is definitly guilty of not doing proper editing of the TOS before public viewing, and hopefully this isnt indicative of their diligence with coding or other game related work lol.

Inlor

Novice Member

10/17/12 6:25:32 AM#24
Originally posted by Dotix

WarZ copied the ToS from Leauge of Legends,

http://i.imgur.com/EBOr7.jpg

Well,  o.k., copying ToS from League of Legends... why not?

But forgetting to edit the name of the game... Priceless

Klick

Renoaku

Advanced Member

10/17/12 6:27:56 AM#25

To me there is no such thing as a TOS, or Terms of use.

The most they do is ban your account/IP.

You change your IP/hardware info you go back they cant keep you out without a court order or lawsuit.

with this said you can always debate against a game company if you know how, I never took Enmasse to court but I sure was right about their company major loss in servers/subscribers, and filed complaints about their company on sites like RIP-OFF report etc.

Did i get banned nope wouldn't look too good on them.

Not that I encourage griefing, or breaking of such, however on the internet I would say the rules of the internet apply anywhere on quite a few of them.

User Deleted
10/17/12 6:30:23 AM#26
Originally posted by Purutzil

Haha... the sad thing? This is done by a LOT of people, though they did quite a silly slip up there. No one saw that all the oil companies had identicle safety reports? Far easier to copy and paste rather then to create their own since really, they don't have much reason to do anything original.

Those are standardized, and if you want to hold an ISO standard they pretty much NEED to be identical.

I guess you just don't know how that part of the world works, huh.

TOS are similair, although not in the same sense. If what the OP says is true (who cares, really), they really should've written their own TOS.

Also, as many pointed out, nothing in a TOS can take precedence over local laws, so most of that crap is completely useless. The most they can do is make sure they have the right to stop providing you a service.

Purutzil

Elite Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

10/17/12 6:32:19 AM#27

Made me laugh. The funny thing? I'll bet a majority of games do this,  just being a bit more careful of the slip up. Just like the oil companies all had identicle 'safety' reports, MMos likely have very similiar ToS from one another that is just Copy + Pasted.

It was a chuckle for me but wouldn't be enough to stop me from playing it knowing full well this 'fluke' isn't something new, plenty others do it just they don't do a silly mistake like that.

kaiser3282

Tipster

10/17/12 7:05:33 AM#28
Originally posted by Purutzil

Made me laugh. The funny thing? I'll bet a majority of games do this,  just being a bit more careful of the slip up. Just like the oil companies all had identicle 'safety' reports, MMos likely have very similiar ToS from one another that is just Copy + Pasted.

It was a chuckle for me but wouldn't be enough to stop me from playing it knowing full well this 'fluke' isn't something new, plenty others do it just they don't do a silly mistake like that.

Yeah its pretty much the standard in just about anything, not just games. Look at movies, music, etc. They all copy the sme legal mumbo jumbo from eachother and just change the names. If youve read one, youve pretty much read them all.

Dotix

Novice Member

OP  3/30/13 6:24:47 PM#29
YOLO
  Talonsin

Spotlight Poster

3/30/13 6:27:49 PM#30
Why necro threads about this POS?  No one has even posted here in a month and then you have to go and bring this back up.  Just let it die a slow and horrible death while bleeding the fanbois of their money.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search