Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Neverwinter | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,818,619 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,216,338
Hammerpoint Interactive | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Horror | Status:Final  (rel 12/17/12)  | Pub:Hammerpoint Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Infestation: Survivor Stories Forum » General Discussion » Full Loot? 24hr lockouts? Permadeath? Oh.

6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
109 posts found
  ElGuappo

Novice Member

OP  10/06/12 7:35:18 AM#1

Been trying to find something to while away a few hours on and this caught my eye, but it sounds a bit heavy.

Two gamemodes; hardcore and normal, both playing on the same server. HC players can get the whole 'phat lewt' thing going on with rare pickups but, if they die then the character dies and they have to start over. Normal players don't get the great loot but if they die they only get a fixed lockout before respawning (where they died, apparently, which is worrying) after a fixed time period. Currently this is 24 hours. You died, come back tomorrow?

And either way, you'll loose pretty much everything worth having because it's full loot?

I'm getting too old for this...

The ruptured capillaries in your nose belie the clarity of your wisdom.

elvenwolf

Novice Member

10/06/12 7:42:14 AM#2

Well i don't like full loot games... but.. thre is a market for such games and is good they do exist, there is people that do like playing like that, so i am very happy that the full loot and even permadeath crowd is finally getting some games with it.

I don't like it as i said but just mean i might not play the game, but there must be games for all tastes and sizes in my opinion.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5120/7210363296_8357bee9de.jpg

Mesfenlir

Apprentice Member

La ignorancia es atrevida - Ignorance is bold.

10/06/12 7:54:39 AM#3
Maybe you can have more than one character per server. I hope so.
  halflife25

Apprentice Member

10/06/12 7:55:16 AM#4
Ok i can get over full loot thing but 24 hour lock out for dying? well no thank you. And i was really looking forward to this game.
  User Deleted
10/06/12 8:02:07 AM#5
Really? Cool, in that case it has certainly got my interest.
  tawess

Elite Member

10/06/12 8:05:37 AM#6
Originally posted by halflife25
Ok i can get over full loot thing but 24 hour lock out for dying? well no thank you. And i was really looking forward to this game.

Well it is to encourage people to go for the hardcore version.

Tomas Soapbox

This have been a good conversation

etlar

Old School

Breakdown: Achiever 33.33%, Explorer 60.00%, Killer 66.67%, Socializer 40.00%

10/06/12 8:05:53 AM#7
Originally posted by Mesfenlir

you can have upto 5 chars per server

edit: spelling

SaintPhilip

Novice Member

10/06/12 8:52:52 AM#8

Although I love the ideals behind this game (including the "lock out" and FFA) I cannot bear to see another "pay us to Alpha test our game" bullshit move.

-Back in the day folks were PAID to Alpha/Beta test... Then it became free labor...Now everyne wants you to pay, to TEST their game. And this results in very bad beta testers who generally are there to "play the game"-not to "test". And why should they "test" when they are paying???

Ice-Queen

Advanced Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

10/06/12 8:56:56 AM#9
I can handle the looting others like we had in UO, but being locked out for 24 hours? No thanks.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

coldcut333

Novice Member

10/06/12 8:57:53 AM#10
24 hour lockout is a way they will be making money,CS has item you can buy to instant respawn.Think i'm going to wait for the other zombie game to release.
  SaintPhilip

Novice Member

10/06/12 8:59:15 AM#11
Originally posted by Tayah
I can handle the looting others like we had in UO, but being locked out for 24 hours? No thanks.

Yeah but its like a "semi" permadeath. You have 5 toons so that gives you 5 deaths within that a.lloted time /per day.

I like the system as it will make players far more careful and less likely to act foolishly- Might make for a better community that works together.

SaintPhilip

Novice Member

10/06/12 9:00:01 AM#12
Originally posted by coldcut333
24 hour lockout is a way they will be making money,CS has item you can buy to instant respawn.Think i'm going to wait for the other zombie game to release.

-Ouch, really....

Okay this one isnt worth the download then... Really?????  =/

-Pathetic.

NightBandit

Hard Core Member

Make friends not money, then wealth will follow.

10/06/12 9:01:40 AM#13

Yup you get 5 character slots according to the interview. But have to say this is just a copy of Dayz so nothing original here tbh.

nightbandit Xfire Miniprofile
  Ice-Queen

Advanced Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

10/06/12 9:02:39 AM#14
Originally posted by coldcut333

Yah, I'll pass on it.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

Arglebargle

Elite Member

10/06/12 9:37:59 AM#15

This is why 'old school' gamers can't have nice things.

Just can't agree on which parts of the 'good ol' games'  were good.   When someone tries something like the old days, they get complaints instead of money. 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

DiSpLiFF

Novice Member

10/06/12 9:44:47 AM#16
Originally posted by SaintPhilip

Although I love the ideals behind this game (including the "lock out" and FFA) I cannot bear to see another "pay us to Alpha test our game" bullshit move.

-Back in the day folks were PAID to Alpha/Beta test... Then it became free labor...Now everyne wants you to pay, to TEST their game. And this results in very bad beta testers who generally are there to "play the game"-not to "test". And why should they "test" when they are paying???

I know exactly what you mean. However, at least they give you like 50% off of the "regular" price. I hate the fact that games have the pay to beta at all but at least this one gives some sort of benefit other than being able to play their game early. 

niceguy3978

Elite Member

10/06/12 9:48:32 AM#17
Originally posted by Arglebargle

This is why 'old school' gamers can't have nice things.

Just can't agree on which parts of the 'good ol' games'  were good.   When someone tries something like the old days, they get complaints instead of money. 

I don't remember any of the "good ol' games" having permadeath or a 24 hour lockout if you died.  So neither one of these were taken from the "good ol' games."  I am interested to know their thinking behind the 24 hour lockout.

ironhelix

Novice Member

10/06/12 9:49:15 AM#18
Originally posted by NightBandit

Yup you get 5 character slots according to the interview. But have to say this is just a copy of Dayz so nothing original here tbh.

This was in development BEFORE DayZ, and besides having zombies in it, really doesn't play much like it. So yeah... you're pretty much completely wrong.

Arglebargle

Elite Member

10/06/12 10:07:22 AM#19
Originally posted by ironhelix
Originally posted by NightBandit

This was in development BEFORE DayZ, and besides having zombies in it, really doesn't play much like it. So yeah... you're pretty much completely wrong.

That's been called into question, though....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

L0C0Man

Advanced Member

10/06/12 10:23:10 AM#20
Full loot PvP is something some people want, and have wanted for a while, but the option of either permadeath or being locked out of the game for 24h if you die sound a little bit too heavy handed, specially when it's an online game and you can easily die for things that can't be avoided and are out of your control (a connection problem, for example) or just because someone decides to play an arsehole (I can tell the goon squad is going to have lots of fun if it launches with this system, for example).

What can men do against such reckless hate?

6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search