Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,640,415 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,074,942
Hammerpoint Interactive | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Horror | Status:Final  (rel 12/17/12)  | Pub:Hammerpoint Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

13 posts found
  Judasace

Apprentice Member

OP  7/29/12 4:28:22 PM#1

5 years from now, people will likely still be wondering when this game will get released. Just like every other FFA Sandbox game, this will promis the moon and either deliver nothing or something so bad that no one will want anything to do with it. No publisher that wants to make money will get behind a fame like this, because games like this just don't sell as MMOs.

User Deleted
7/29/12 4:30:03 PM#2
Originally posted by Judasace

5 years from now, people will likely still be wondering when this game will get released. Just like every other FFA Sandbox game, this will promis the moon and either deliver nothing or something so bad that no one will want anything to do with it. No publisher that wants to make money will get behind a fame like this, because games like this just don't sell as MMOs.

With the popularity of DayZ, this might change.

Castillle

Forum Bunny

8/01/12 11:11:27 AM#3

They havent even started on War Z yet.  Their focus is on Day Z right now o.O

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Sora2810

Novice Member

8/01/12 11:13:31 AM#4
Originally posted by Castillle

They havent even started on War Z yet.  Their focus is on Day Z right now o.O

? War Z isn't being made by Rocket or his team. It's an entirelly different studio who is, in no way, affiliated with dayz. It's already started.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

TruthXHurts

Novice Member

I am here to chew bubblegum and to kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum!

8/02/12 7:41:57 PM#5

It's also server based with a limit of 250 players. It's using years old technology so it should be pretty easy to get out on the streets. Whether it'll be worth a crap remains to be seen. My clan has a modified Dayz server with tanks and A-10 Warthogs. I couldn't be happier.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

ZigZags

Apprentice Member

8/12/12 2:27:07 PM#6
Plus DayZ mmo got announced, room for 2 in this new genre at such an early stage?

Now: Skyrim
Later: ?
Played: M59, UO, EQ, Runescape, DAOC, SB, EQ2, WoW, EVE, Darkfall, AoC, FFXI, FFXIV, WAR, SWTOR
BOYCOTTING: EA/BioWare/Origin/SOE

robust

Novice Member

9/21/12 6:10:05 AM#7
I want to believe (TM)
  XilentStorm

Novice Member

Games are epic.

9/27/12 8:35:30 PM#8

RipperX played the game and wrote an article.

/Lock thread

Veteran MMORPG Player -

ROM
EVE
RS (pre-EOC)- Habbo
Combat Arms - Crossfire -AVA
Maplestory, and more.

DAS1337

Elite Member

10/05/12 12:06:13 AM#9
Originally posted by TruthXHurts

It's also server based with a limit of 250 players. It's using years old technology so it should be pretty easy to get out on the streets. Whether it'll be worth a crap remains to be seen. My clan has a modified Dayz server with tanks and A-10 Warthogs. I couldn't be happier.

That's cool, if you enjoy a mod of an engine that has a mllion bugs and exploits.  

Ignoring a potentially good game because it could be your favored games competition is, well, ignorant.

DavisFlight

Advanced Member

10/05/12 12:32:23 AM#10

"Games like this don't sell MMOs" 

er, Dayz sold a lot, and its an MMO.

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

10/05/12 2:30:01 AM#11

YEah you obviously missed the amount of peole who went nuts over DayZ and brought the ARMA II game + exp jsut to play DayZ yup no money in that type of game at all LOL..

Plus its not vaporware as closed beta starts at the end of the month LOL..

OP fails..

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

blythega

Hard Core Member

10/05/12 2:33:49 AM#12

Op. You have no idea what you are talking about

https://account.thewarz.com/preorder/preorder.html?utm_source=CBT+subscribers+up+to+September+30&utm_campaign=1c785c1dbc-War_Z_CBT_availability10_2_2012&utm_medium=email

The game will open to early access in 2 weeks

Read before you post

SoulStain

Novice Member

10/05/12 2:40:47 AM#13

Apparently "vaporware" just sent me an email with the closed beta date. Plus another closed beta date a few weeks earlier which you can get into if you pre-purchase at one of two price points.

If you are having trouble viewing this email, please click here.
With more than 1 million players registered for the closed beta, the wait is nearly over and anxious survivors will soon be able to face the zombie hordes and other players as they explore “Colorado,” the first world in The War Z (TWZ).   Arktos Entertainment Group and Hammerpoint Interactive today announced that the closed beta for TWZ will begin on October 31, 2012, with two early purchase packages that will see players accessing the online, multiplayer, survival-simulation game as soon as October 15.
Check our new gameplay video at http://www.facebook.com/warzmmo
Get game NOW at http://thewarz.com/buy

You are recieving this e-mail because you have opted in to receive information about The War Z Closed Beta availability at www.thewarz.com websiteContact us at: Hammerpoint Interactive, 11833 Mississippi Ave, Ste 100, Los Angeles, CA 90029.© 2011-2012 OP Productions LLC. All