|1 posts found|
OP 8/30/12 4:24:32 AM#1
1) One server with three channels, really?
This is an international release, expecting that there will be enough players to fill that (very) basic setup should have been a given considering how well the game was recieved in CBT. Instead all channels, while not full, are always busy. There is no area/channel, any time of day, you can go to where there isn't at least a half dozen or more players all grinding the same thing. And forget trying to gather eggs anywhere but the beginner area...
2) Crappy "free board" instead of an actual forum.
Even if any relavent information is posted in the free board, who's going to spend the time searching though all the spam posts? Give us a Forum where we can share information, recruit for guilds without having to resort to spamming chat, and discuss the game in general.
3) It's day 3 of OBT and spam bots are everywhere!
4) Rare in CBT, means bordering in impossible to find in OBT.
In CBT the main reason why I didn't max level was because I spent a lot of time hunting rare eggs. Those rare eggs meant that when CBT was done, 1/2 the pupa that I gathered were of the "rare" variety. I have yet to find even one. This is largely due to my first gripe. With so many players on all channels the odds of finding a rare are in the millions to one range.
5) No weapons or armor crafting at all, just three varities of potion crafting.
While I'm not dismissing the usefullness of the three varations of potions, having to rely on drops/mission rewards for armor and weapons is disheartening. Sure I could go browse the auction house for needed equip; but I, for one, would like to craft needed items. And would be fine with having to choose either potions, weapons, or armor; which is how most MMO's with crafting are.
6) Boss egg drops turned off for duration of OBT?
Really? I understand that one of the event rewards involves boss eggs, but that's all of what, 10 lucky SOB's?
Note: this is an unconfirmed rumor that if true is a sign of really poor judement.
Now I suppose I should balance this with what I see as this games good points:
1) Even though the item shop isn't active yet. Early signs suggest that this game will not be cash shop dependant.
2) Good story line and game play
3) Unique features that make this game more fun than you would think it would be.
4) There's always a GM on, regardless of what time it is.
No 8am - 5pm local time only here.