Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,274 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,246,433
DayZ (DZ)
Dean "Rocket" Hall | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Horror | Status:Beta Testing  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Dean "Rocket" Hall
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

DayZ Forum » General Discussion » DayZ Epoch is Epic!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  stayontarget

Guide

Girlfriends come and go but Epic battles are Soulbound

4/10/14 3:34:23 PM#21
Mmm I think will will wait for "Stomping Land" instead.  http://www.thestompingland.com/

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Zalmon

Apprentice Member

4/10/14 3:37:15 PM#22
Originally posted by Yatenkaiohu

Sempiternal;

I am really thankful I caught your post; DLING arma 2/OA as I write. Personally I have been looking for a wasteland Day Z since I played Wasteland 1.5 years ago :P I am just wondering how one secures a base? Doors can be locked or what? This mod sounds really awesome and I'm excited to test it out. 

as for SoE being a decent company I am offended by that!!! my favorite mmo was destroyed by them and nothing has competed with it since. every game has been a perpetual failure; while I wait for the repopulation! I think EQ next could be fun though if its a open world buliding/pvp game with looting options. 

You are offended because someone said SOE is a decent company? lol

SOE also has other great games like EQ and EQ2. People conveniently ignore those when it comes to bashing them.

Yatenkaiohu

Advanced Member

The path of the One is made by the many.

4/10/14 3:40:49 PM#23
I never saw the glory nor the draw to EQ! DAOC was leaps better for me :P SWG was a mircale and I suppose if anyone is to blame its Lucas arts? Still the day the CU came out I'll never forget until I'm in The Repopulation lol! EQ2 ? As well just reminded me of WoW... Vanguard was cool when it first came out then when SoE bought it the population died on the server I was playing, so I quit that. At any rate I feel like SoE is a lack luster gaming company that doesn't put heart and soul into titles like indie developers, but can the same be said for sister companies like Blizzard?
  lugal

Hard Core Member

4/10/14 3:50:19 PM#24
I currently play on a epoch server and love it. So much freedom to explore and to create. I got lit up last nite by a AI hummve, and it was a blast to come back and get some revenge.
As for SOE's new game, I fully expect a WarZ like game. Everything will be nickel-n-dimed. You want more ammo? 1 dollar! Need a cure for that disease? 1 dollar.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
The reviewer has a mishapen head
Which means his opinion is skewed
...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

PetuniaDayZServer

Novice Member

4/21/14 7:00:05 PM#25

I've played a fair few DayZ mods out there and also on the DayZ SA...

I love Epoch! :D

To be honest I've been somewhat disappointed with the stand alone, it just seems to me that the DayZ dev team have been surpassed by the EPOCH mod somehow... I mean, the SA has it's benefits of course, but my hat goes off to VBAWOL and the other EPOCH guys, they've done a pretty amazing job.

I can't wait to see Arma 3 EPOCH... You guys probably know already, but A3 EPOCH is a new mod from the ground up, not based on DayZ... From the footage I've seen so far, it's going to be pretty awesome!!!

ace5572

Apprentice Member

4/21/14 9:54:00 PM#26
Originally posted by Zalmon
Originally posted by Yatenkaiohu

Sempiternal;

I am really thankful I caught your post; DLING arma 2/OA as I write. Personally I have been looking for a wasteland Day Z since I played Wasteland 1.5 years ago :P I am just wondering how one secures a base? Doors can be locked or what? This mod sounds really awesome and I'm excited to test it out. 

as for SoE being a decent company I am offended by that!!! my favorite mmo was destroyed by them and nothing has competed with it since. every game has been a perpetual failure; while I wait for the repopulation! I think EQ next could be fun though if its a open world buliding/pvp game with looting options. 

You are offended because someone said SOE is a decent company? lol

SOE also has other great games like EQ and EQ2. People conveniently ignore those when it comes to bashing them.

Google "John Smedley" and then realize he is still running SOE. I'll wait here.

Iceman8235

Advanced Member

4/21/14 10:36:59 PM#27
Originally posted by stayontarget
Mmm I think will will wait for "Stomping Land" instead.  http://www.thestompingland.com/

Those guys seem to have some good ideas, but judging by how barebones the website is I'd say the game is quite a bit off :p

2 Pages « 1 2 Search