|1 posts found|
OP 4/21/14 3:58:29 PM#1
my ideal DayZ Epoch server:
1. a Panthera map but covered in forests, no deserts, perhaps more realistically placed rivers, streams, ponds, and lakes.
while i love Chernarus, much of what i like there is biome it represents. if i could move to the Pacific northwest i would do it in a heartbeat. so northern temperate zones greatly appeal to me.
2. city safezones, though i would probably put the UN spawn camps on the shoreline or in the center of the city, depending upon it's location. these would be safezones only in the sense that PvP was prohibited.
i really enjoy how US PetuniaServer has implemented this with random AI assault forces and helicopter patrols. it would also be great to have the zombies aggro the AI patrols when they fire and for the AI patrols to shoot zombies that are a direct threat to them. wouldn't want just AI/Zombie war going on, but enough threat generation on both sides to keep the fights unique and everyone on their toes.
3. all high end military and vehicle loot would be outside the safezones. while the AI in the city do drop decent gear it's typical AKs, grenades, smoke, and a backpack only a few slots larger than your starter pack (if you had a starter pack).
it might also be an interesting storyline twist to have the mission drops also come from the UN so that bandits and players would be fighting there way towards the loot, rather than just an attack and defend gamestyle.
4. almost all vehicles would be broken down random spawns over the whole map. the added element of piecing a car together and maintaining it i think is a good addition from original DayZ that needs to be returned.
in a few contested place you might be able to purchase a blackmarket vehicle with helis being the most rare, with nothing larger than 4 man. this would be true of any of the armored versions of ground vehicles with something like a vodnik either left out completely or ultra rare at the vendor as well. (perhaps ultra rare at military spawns, where the broken vehicle could be towed if desired, but all the parts rare and scavengedn.)
5. building and bases should be comparatively easy at the lower end. perhaps one type of material would be either very difficult or even indestructible depending upon the gameplay balance and necessities.
you should be able to completely take over existing buildings that came with the map, just like Epoch does on the servers i have played on. i love being able to take existing structures and repurpose them as ive been doing it in my head since i was a small child.
however, safezones would only allow for the limited use of tanktraps, wire, and sandbags. all of which could be deleted w/o recompense by the mods if it were of a nature that threw off gameplay, balance, or was plainly griefing. this would allow those with a more PvE focus, or those wanting a break from PvP, to have fortified positions to fall back on from the AI/Zombie attacks.
Epoch Tents, Lockboxes, and Vaults would be placeable anywhere (i think, as i admit to having doubts about this.) with Lockboxes being a low end cheap alternative to the Vault. i would probably reduce the slot size of Lockboxes a bit as well as increase slot size for the Vaults. however, none of them would not be placeable in safezones.
"There are at least two kinds of games.