Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | ArcheAge | Firefall | WildStar

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,955 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,375
DayZ (DZ)
Dean "Rocket" Hall | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Horror | Status:Beta Testing  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Dean "Rocket" Hall
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

DayZ Forum » General Discussion » The Truth about DayZ needs to be told

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
54 posts found
  aRtFuLThinG

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/30/09
Posts: 1012

2/03/13 11:50:32 PM#21
Originally posted by Thomas2006

 The mods works in such a way that a client can tell the server to do anything and the server goes, ok I'll do that. But that will no longer be the case with the stand alone version.

 ^ Exactly, and that in turn enables people to mod Arma2. Otherwise it will be impossible to create mods like DayZ using Arma2 if everything was locked down like a true mmo server/client.

 

Wait till DayZ is a standalone game before we past judgement. Really no point at judging an experiment.

  Fishmitts

Novice Member

Joined: 12/17/09
Posts: 239

2/04/13 12:00:58 AM#22
Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
Originally posted by Thomas2006

 The mods works in such a way that a client can tell the server to do anything and the server goes, ok I'll do that. But that will no longer be the case with the stand alone version.

 ^ Exactly, and that in turn enables people to mod Arma2. Otherwise it will be impossible to create mods like DayZ using Arma2 if everything was locked down like a true mmo server/client.

 

Wait till DayZ is a standalone game before we past judgement. Really no point at judging an experiment.

For us that play Arma, Its awesome for what it does, it lets us set up our own senarios!! Fun as hell!!

But for a Mod to come along, and be as popular as it is, well, shit... Sorry. Again, ITS A FUCKING MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

As Arma and DayZ players we understand this, why cant you??

  Dobeyxxl

Novice Member

Joined: 3/04/10
Posts: 12

 
OP  2/04/13 12:05:47 AM#23

That's not entirely true, if you are the host and have a private server you could still mod the game. The way it is set up now anybody who connects to the game can mod your server from their client.

 Simply enable modding server side only.

The post speaks for itself and hopefully it is informative for anyone thinking about paying money to try this so called experiment.

Bohemia Interactive has benefited tremendously from the sales increase of Arma 2 which is needed to play this so called free mod, lol

Arma2 was dying before DayZ made the headlines.

  Fishmitts

Novice Member

Joined: 12/17/09
Posts: 239

2/04/13 12:20:04 AM#24
Originally posted by Dobeyxxl

That's not entirely true, if you are the host and have a private server you could still mod the game. The way it is set up now anybody who connects to the game can mod your server from their client.

 Simply enable modding server side only.

The post speaks for itself and hopefully it is informative for anyone thinking about paying money to try this so called experiment.

Bohemia Interactive has benefited tremendously from the sales increase of Arma 2 which is needed to play this so called free mod, lol

Arma2 was dying before DayZ made the headlines.

1. Your Admins suck at what they do. We never had half the problems you guy's have suffered though. And 454 U.S. East was notorious on youtube "FTS Gaming", SiCo, we got scrit kids left and right, but managed to block most. 

2. A great Mod was made, and people bitch thinking its a game.

3. Arma is a nitch game and as far as sales,  Arma3 will do well, and is set for release soon.

4. Your a hater, and I cant wait for standalone so you fuckers can leave my game.  

 

  Dobeyxxl

Novice Member

Joined: 3/04/10
Posts: 12

 
OP  2/04/13 12:50:48 AM#25

I cant find a 454 U.S. East server listed on DayZ commander? I did happen to find more then one thread about admin abuse concerning 454 U.S. East server in DayZ official forums, lol

Never had any official complaints about my admins.

 

Arma was dead before DayZ

"Bohemia Interactive’s ARMA II is arguably the most amazing comeback story of 2012. The game originally launched in May 2009. The military simulator had a soft debut, maintained relatively flat activity numbers, and did not attract many headlines for years after release."

One week after DayZ’s release, ARMA II’s daily active users increased by 36%. 

One month, DayZ had boosted ARMA II’s DAUs by 847%

During the first week of DayZ ARMA II saw 106% more new users per day, and in a month, that figure jumped to 1343%.

The average user was playing 50% more than before DayZ’s debut after 1 month

DayZ is Arma!

These numbers have only grown and now DayZ is responsible for over a 500% increase in Arma sales, people buy Arma for DayZ and not the other way around.

The time has come for people to understand DayZ has been left to rot , that the community thinks it was a experiment in their own words and to bad if its hacked to crap, that in your view we shouldn't even be here and expect something that is kept up and without massive hacking, lol

That was basically why I felt compelled to even make this thread in the first place.

 

 

  TheCrow2k

Novice Member

Joined: 10/19/09
Posts: 956

2/04/13 12:58:55 AM#26
Originally posted by Dobeyxxl

DayZ is NOT a game for people that want to play without hackers. I am not talking about aim bots and esp but any script kiddie with a free hack can nuke a server and destroy all the hard work that legitimate players have done.

I have had the displeasure of hosting a DayZ server for a month and have gotten over 5000 unique players, averaging over 35 at a time  playing on server. Our servers were running Battleye anti cheat, Gotcha which recently got shut down since they were attacked by hackers, The silent warrior anti hack , server controle panel with interactive mapping and 5 active admins using Dart Rcon tool.

It is impossible to stop script kiddies from injecting what ever they want into your server and taking it over or nuking it when ever they get upset. Banning them does Nothing, they jump on skype and get new stolen GUID keys from their fellow hacking friends and it is easy enough to change your ip.

You ban one person for hacking and ten of his buddies log on and wreck your server, killing everyone on it and destroying everyone's gear. My self and my fellow admins have even been banned by them and my server name changed along with all starting load outs changed. As my team researched this we learned that their are 7 dollar hacks that give any script kiddie this kind of power and the DAYZ COMMUNITY does Nothing about it.

In my 20 yrs of gaming I have never seen anything as bad as this, it goes beyond personal cheating , anyone with a cheap to free cheat can shut a server down when ever they want.

The truth about the state of DayZ and the community which plays it needs to be exposed, for if it is not then nothing will change. Dayz  gets nothing but good press when it does not deserve it.

People need to speak up about the true state of DayZ and force them to act.

As a side note for those who truly strive to have a pure gaming experience one has to ask themselves why are their no tools to combat scripts that can take over DayZ servers, is DayZ pro hacker, is Rocket pro hacker?

 

 

The security holes are actually rife within the core code of ARMA2, Whick is the foundation of the DayZ mod & not something that can be fixed within the mod. TBH your post is borderline rant.
  Inktomi

Highlighted Blogger

Joined: 3/25/09
Posts: 664

Give me sparkly, twinkly...

2/04/13 1:05:23 AM#27
Originally posted by Fishmitts
Originally posted by Murashu

Rocket is not wasting his or the other devs time working on the DayZ mod since they are busy developing a new game, one hopefully with fewer hackers.

I only play on private hives now. www.dayzrp.com is where I spend most of my time and the admins there have been pretty successful with keeping the lowlifes out.

 Also OP, you have to remember, DayZ is not a game, its a MOD...

That pretty much sums it up for me.

  Fishmitts

Novice Member

Joined: 12/17/09
Posts: 239

2/04/13 1:07:00 AM#28
Originally posted by Dobeyxxl

I cant find a 454 U.S. East server listed on DayZ commander? I did happen to find more then one thread about admin abuse concerning 454 U.S. East server in DayZ official forums, lol

Never had any official complaints about my admins.

 

Arma was dead before DayZ

"Bohemia Interactive’s ARMA II is arguably the most amazing comeback story of 2012. The game originally launched in May 2009. The military simulator had a soft debut, maintained relatively flat activity numbers, and did not attract many headlines for years after release."

One week after DayZ’s release, ARMA II’s daily active users increased by 36%. 

One month, DayZ had boosted ARMA II’s DAUs by 847%

During the first week of DayZ ARMA II saw 106% more new users per day, and in a month, that figure jumped to 1343%.

The average user was playing 50% more than before DayZ’s debut after 1 month

DayZ is Arma!

 

These numbers have only grown and now DayZ is responsible for over a 500% increase in Arma sales, people buy Arma for DayZ and not the other way around.

The time has come for people to understand DayZ has been left to rot , that the community thinks it was a experiment in their own words and to bad if its hacked to crap, that in your view we shouldn't even be here and expect something that is kept up and without massive hacking, lol

That was basically why I felt compelled to even make this thread in the first place.

 

 

454 was dropped after getting our dedicated. And Admin abuse is pointed to pretty much every server buddy. Like chopper crashes, it was an auto admin kick but had nothing to do with Admins!! You should know this if you truly do have a server, or then again.. Your Admins suck.

Arma was again, a niche game, not some AAA TORFUCKFEST. It's a military sim that we play because most of us are prior military. We enjoy it.

Dayz is dayz and not Arma.

You are a WarZ Troll.

  Dantae87

Novice Member

Joined: 12/11/12
Posts: 172

2/04/13 1:15:59 AM#29

I for one NEVEr even HEARD of ARMA2 untill i heard of dayz...been playing it so long now its boring as fuck so guess what...i hack. Not a hardcore ass hacker i just spawn me a DMR and go hunting...why you ask? Cuz im bored to fuck of the dayz and just wanan pvp? But l8tly been playing the new ARMA2 mod Wasteland, much more fun and there is always action wher as dayz u might see something every 30 mins...MIGHT

 

SHUR u can ban our cd key and such but you knwo what? A new key is only 2 bucks..and i own 30!

  User Deleted
2/04/13 1:47:34 AM#30

Ah, the mmorog.com community as its finest. A person that are trying to do a positive thing for his game and its community makes a post about the issues and what happens... The fine mmorpg.com community are answering by pointing finger and blame the issue on the OP that he dosent understand things... So freaking awsome. 

To the OP, dont give the devs any of your hard earned ones in the future, I wont becuse of so many things. DayZ is one them. I do agree with you that the devs see DayZ as a cash cow but dosent do a squat to help the community. Its a freaking mess. 

  Fishmitts

Novice Member

Joined: 12/17/09
Posts: 239

2/04/13 1:54:05 AM#31
Originally posted by Dantae87

I for one NEVEr even HEARD of ARMA2 untill i heard of dayz...been playing it so long now its boring as fuck so guess what...i hack. Not a hardcore ass hacker i just spawn me a DMR and go hunting...why you ask? Cuz im bored to fuck of the dayz and just wanan pvp? But l8tly been playing the new ARMA2 mod Wasteland, much more fun and there is always action wher as dayz u might see something every 30 mins...MIGHT

 

SHUR u can ban our cd key and such but you knwo what? A new key is only 2 bucks..and i own 30!

You hack? I dont care the reason.. You suck. I dont mean you suck as a player, ok yes i do, and you suck as a human. Dear god. I just want to say to you as an admitted hacker, I truly fucking hate you. We work so hard at the game and yet assholes like you come in for whatever reason, I dont care, and fuck the game.

Its not a PvP game, its about survival. Half the fun is gearing up! But people ike you dont get that, you just want to pew pew, and not experience the gameplay. So you hack like a bitch, because the game is not fast enough for you. You just dont get it, and never will, well, you might when you hit puberty.

  Murashu

Novice Member

Joined: 6/23/06
Posts: 1397

2/04/13 9:10:46 AM#32
Originally posted by mymmo

Ah, the mmorog.com community as its finest. A person that are trying to do a positive thing for his game and its community makes a post about the issues and what happens... The fine mmorpg.com community are answering by pointing finger and blame the issue on the OP that he dosent understand things... So freaking awsome. 

To the OP, dont give the devs any of your hard earned ones in the future, I wont becuse of so many things. DayZ is one them. I do agree with you that the devs see DayZ as a cash cow but dosent do a squat to help the community. Its a freaking mess. 

The OP made an exaggerated rant then was provided solutions to combat the problems he is having. He dismissed those solutions and continues attacking the person who made a FREE mod.

www.agonysend.org

  aRtFuLThinG

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/30/09
Posts: 1012

2/04/13 3:28:16 PM#33
Originally posted by Fishmitts
Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
Originally posted by Thomas2006

 The mods works in such a way that a client can tell the server to do anything and the server goes, ok I'll do that. But that will no longer be the case with the stand alone version.

 ^ Exactly, and that in turn enables people to mod Arma2. Otherwise it will be impossible to create mods like DayZ using Arma2 if everything was locked down like a true mmo server/client.

 

Wait till DayZ is a standalone game before we past judgement. Really no point at judging an experiment.

For us that play Arma, Its awesome for what it does, it lets us set up our own senarios!! Fun as hell!!

But for a Mod to come along, and be as popular as it is, well, shit... Sorry. Again, ITS A FUCKING MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

As Arma and DayZ players we understand this, why cant you??

 What the hell are you on about? I'm FOR Armas2 and DayZ mod and was telling OP that he is wrong and is playing the mod under incorrect assumptions. Did you even read my posts?

 

Stop calling everyone WarZ douche just by reading 1 line of their post.

  Fishmitts

Novice Member

Joined: 12/17/09
Posts: 239

2/04/13 8:15:18 PM#34
Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
Originally posted by Fishmitts
Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
Originally posted by Thomas2006

 The mods works in such a way that a client can tell the server to do anything and the server goes, ok I'll do that. But that will no longer be the case with the stand alone version.

 ^ Exactly, and that in turn enables people to mod Arma2. Otherwise it will be impossible to create mods like DayZ using Arma2 if everything was locked down like a true mmo server/client.

 

Wait till DayZ is a standalone game before we past judgement. Really no point at judging an experiment.

For us that play Arma, Its awesome for what it does, it lets us set up our own senarios!! Fun as hell!!

But for a Mod to come along, and be as popular as it is, well, shit... Sorry. Again, ITS A FUCKING MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

As Arma and DayZ players we understand this, why cant you??

 What the hell are you on about? I'm FOR Armas2 and DayZ mod and was telling OP that he is wrong and is playing the mod under incorrect assumptions. Did you even read my posts?

 

Stop calling everyone WarZ douche just by reading 1 line of their post.

The post was not directed at you, I was just summing up my thoughts on the subject. Sorry about that.

  akiira69

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/28/07
Posts: 525

Need longer quote limits.

2/04/13 8:24:17 PM#35
Originally posted by Dobeyxxl

DayZ is NOT a game for people that want to play without hackers. I am not talking about aim bots and esp but any script kiddie with a free hack can nuke a server and destroy all the hard work that legitimate players have done.

I have had the displeasure of hosting a DayZ server for a month and have gotten over 5000 unique players, averaging over 35 at a time  playing on server. Our servers were running Battleye anti cheat, Gotcha which recently got shut down since they were attacked by hackers, The silent warrior anti hack , server controle panel with interactive mapping and 5 active admins using Dart Rcon tool.

It is impossible to stop script kiddies from injecting what ever they want into your server and taking it over or nuking it when ever they get upset. Banning them does Nothing, they jump on skype and get new stolen GUID keys from their fellow hacking friends and it is easy enough to change your ip.

You ban one person for hacking and ten of his buddies log on and wreck your server, killing everyone on it and destroying everyone's gear. My self and my fellow admins have even been banned by them and my server name changed along with all starting load outs changed. As my team researched this we learned that their are 7 dollar hacks that give any script kiddie this kind of power and the DAYZ COMMUNITY does Nothing about it.

In my 20 yrs of gaming I have never seen anything as bad as this, it goes beyond personal cheating , anyone with a cheap to free cheat can shut a server down when ever they want.

The truth about the state of DayZ and the community which plays it needs to be exposed, for if it is not then nothing will change. Dayz  gets nothing but good press when it does not deserve it.

People need to speak up about the true state of DayZ and force them to act.

As a side note for those who truly strive to have a pure gaming experience one has to ask themselves why are their no tools to combat scripts that can take over DayZ servers, is DayZ pro hacker, is Rocket pro hacker?

 

if you think its bad in DayZ then you havent been playing 20 years. The hacking of the Battle.Net servers makes the problems that you claim DayZ has seem minor. And lets not forget the fact that the Chinese Farmers hack any and EVERY account associated to online games.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

  Jorendo

Advanced Member

Joined: 8/02/08
Posts: 213

2/05/13 2:51:10 AM#36
Originally posted by akiira69
if you think its bad in DayZ then you havent been playing 20 years. The hacking of the Battle.Net servers makes the problems that you claim DayZ has seem minor. And lets not forget the fact that the Chinese Farmers hack any and EVERY account associated to online games.

I agree with this.

 

Look OP i can understand your frustration. But you are blaming a mod maker for not fixing something the ENTIRE GAME INDUSTRY hasn't been able to solve. Cheaters and hackers are every where. Counter Strike (when it was just a half life 1 mod) had that problem, Quake had that problem, Call of Duty clone wars x has that problem, battlefield has that problem, APB got ruined cause of all the hackers, World of Warcraft even gets hacked all the freaking time, etc. etc.

 

So you can be angry and disapointed but don't you go blame ARMA or DAY-Z and its creators for it. Its a massive problem that been around ever since we played online. Hackers are a internet problem, and seeing how easy it is to hack or get access to hacks you can count on many hacker attacks. They are pathetic people ruining a lot but it's not gonna end any time soon no mather what game you play.

  Arnoagns

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/19/08
Posts: 101

2/06/13 11:27:25 AM#37

 

 

 OP starts ultra dramatic title, composes posts with (at best) spotty grammar, then seals it with the iron clad argument of "I paid money, I shouldn't be disappointed". The obvious answer being to not host the DayZ mod and see if the standalone improves the state of things.I would say to whitelist, though as others have already said, seems like way too much work for too little reward. Customer entitlement is already silly, but it's even moreso when the customer doesn't understand that this product is fundamentally free. That isn't invalidated simply because you bought the game to play it; you bought a fully featured game, as many did before, the mod has and is regarded as free extra content.

 

DayZ is trying to improve their anti-hack support, among other things, something any DayZ player should know. The fact that it's free doesn't mean they should leave their community high and dry - but it means when they ARE working on the main issues they aren't obligated to completely cater to the anonymous whining mob that is the gaming community at large.

 

What irks me about this thread is that it's guised as a buyer beware when it's simply a medium for OP to complain.  I can hardly call it a discussion. So, to put it simply, get over it.

 

ps - I think the logic that someone is a poor human being due to them cheating on a video game is the same level of rationale AS cheating on a video game.

 

 

  Dobeyxxl

Novice Member

Joined: 3/04/10
Posts: 12

 
OP  2/06/13 3:57:08 PM#38
Originally posted by Arnoagns

What irks me about this thread is that it's guised as a buyer beware when it's simply a medium for OP to complain.  I can hardly call it a discussion. So, to put it simply, get over it.

 

ps - I think the logic that someone is a poor human being due to them cheating on a video game is the same level of rationale AS cheating on a video game.

 

 

This thread is exactly a buyer beware post.

I hope people read through and make a educated decision about whether to purchase the game of just move on to greener pastures. Fan boys can scream from the roof tops that DayZ is free to play but even the game developer acknowledges that their player base plays DayZ not Arma and you have to purchase Arma to play DayZ.

So let the reader decide if its free or not.

As a person reads through this thread remember the key words even from the mouths of the fan boys

Its free (impossible to play without buying something)

Its not a real game its a mod.

Its a experiment

Impossible to control server and white listing is more trouble then its worth, even then you are at the mercy of 14 yr old script kiddies.

Everyone hacks so who cares

Now unlike some who have posted here who are not actively playing or do not currently have a server I can attest to the fact that the latest anti hack has already been breached. Glad to see that some effort has been put into anti hacking so lets see where it goes from here.

I also want to make clear that normal old aim bots and esp is not the type of hacking I was complaining about i am talking about Taking Over Servers and injecting what ever any 14 yr old kiddies with a free script wants to.

Imagine if MMORPG worked that way, well then I am sure the Fan boys would have nuked it the moment I made my thread, lol, Wouldn't that be a fun place to post stuff.

 

  Arnoagns

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/19/08
Posts: 101

2/07/13 10:41:14 AM#39
Fan Boy is simply a word to invalidate and undermine others, however I don't believe you can disregard people who enjoy the game. I think it's valuable to see more than one perspective, which is why I insisted this wasn't a true "Buyer Beware" thread. Not to mention I'd wonder the use of buyer beware when the actual product of Arma 2 has not been discussed.
  KrAv3

Novice Member

Joined: 1/11/08
Posts: 19

2/11/13 6:09:02 PM#40

To the OP:

 

  For the scripts to be put to a stop, DayZ mod would no longer function - READ: DEAD IN THE WATER, NO WORKY WORKY.  The scripting it does is how it runs in the first place.  Your client machine injects scripts in to the server machine to, for example, tell it to spawn zeds in Balota..This is how ArmA II works.

    Do you research what you cry about before crying about it?  All of the script cheating will be fixed in the SA as the server will not function that way, it will be running a true MMO architecture for everything where the server tells the client what is what and you can't nuke this town, not allowed, UNLIKE the FREE mod where the clients machine says "Hey server, nuke Zelenegorsk for me.", Server, "Okay, you got it chief!!"., wallhacks and aimbots may pop up in the SA but those are easier to defeat than something that works on how the architecture of the game is designed, READ:  SCRIPTS being injected from the CLIENT's machine to tell the server what to do.

  The SA was, originally (the one that was supposed to be released before 2013), going to be the mod just more modded to run without ArmA II OA, but the scripting would have still be there, hence the delay and the total rework of the game, it is not running on ArmA engine anymore, but a totally new engine the DayZ team/BI built specifically for the Stand Alone.

  Dayz FREE Mod can't be changed to stop the scripting, hence why gotcha anti cheat and the like were created by outside parties.

   Rocket is no longer working on the mod, hasn't been since around Octoberish, it was passed on to the community, mainly led by RaZor I believe his forum name is.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search