Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,664 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,411
DayZ (DZ)
Dean "Rocket" Hall | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Horror | Status:Beta Testing  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Dean "Rocket" Hall
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

DayZ Forum » General Discussion » WARNING about awful Server hosting experience

1 posts found
  Stumbleina

Apprentice Member

OP  11/04/12 1:45:48 PM#1

I'd just like to warn everyone about an awful experience I had with a server hosting company - you should avoid this company at all costs!!

HFBServers.com is a TERRIBLE server company. I recently rented a server from them and after about a week of having no issues, the newest DayZ patch came out. Now, can understand things taking a day or 2 to get updated on their end, but I CANNOT understand them just ignoring my ticket which asked about how I could update my server on my end. After 3 days of arguing with them over whether or not I could get on my server and what the problem was, they gave me the wrong information on how to update my server several times, and were rude and condescending to me in the process. To this date, I STILL cannot get on my server. It's been nearly a week since I first contacted them about it, and at this point they are straight refusing to answer my questions and refusing to help me despite me sending them screen shots and as much information as I can give. Als, since I was tired one day and made a typo (I called the latest patch the wrong series of numbers), they harped on that over and over, telling me "there is no patch with that name" while completely ignoring all of my legitimate grievances.

In short: HFBServers WILL ignore you, insult you, and refuse to help you. Paying an extra 10-15 dollars a month is SO worth it just to be able to get the support to be able to play on your server.

I WASTED my $35 this month because they now straight refuse to prorate my rent and refund the money for the rest of my (wasted, unusable) month. I implore you, do not make my mistake! Find another company to rent from!!