Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,870,627 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,253,944
Linden Lab | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 06/23/03)  | Pub:Linden Lab
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:$09.95
System Req: PC Mac Linux | Out of date info? Let us know!

Second Life Forum » General Discussion » Second Life Support Sucks

6 posts found
  KOOLLAYD

Advanced Member

OP  9/09/11 5:03:09 AM#1

I just had all my accounts banned and I was ip banned and they never even told me why. Called thier billing number and all they said was submit a ticket. You'd think for someone who spent thousands in bullshit buying cash in thier game you could get a live person to explain to you what is going on, but no and worse they haven't even responded to my ticket. I never had an issue until now, but damn they got to have the shittiest support system in an MMO for making so much money that I have ever seen. Sad really. Screwed out of thousands just like that and no explination.

anemo

Novice Member

2/27/12 7:02:33 PM#2

A few years ago I remember complaining a bit with legitiment and well thought out complaints.  and got 2K linden for it.

______

Customer service returns EVERYWHERE is based on you being clear, and you yourself realizing that the person you're talking still likes to help people(instinctive human thing) even if they hate the company.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"There are still vast swaths of our planet's surface in which it's surprisingly easy to lose things. Even a ship the size of a large building." Richard Fisher

KOOLLAYD

Advanced Member

OP  6/05/13 10:01:40 AM#3
I figure I'd update this post with the results. Took me 6 months of letter writing and all, but one account which belonged to my wife was restored. Someone accessed hers without her knowledge and they yet to fix it for her. She hasn't been as persistent as I was writing them, but end result was because of having had to jump threw so many hoops with LL sorta was put off on investing anything any further into the game. 
  Alterk

Novice Member

8/22/13 4:32:49 AM#4

I've been in SL almost daily since 2006.  I own an island that pays for itself with a little left over for RL spending money.   In that time  I've seen several accounts lost due to carelessness or "accidents" with account information and passwords.   Another reason I've seen may not be true anymore.   One of my tenants had SL nudity in her profile.    She must have gone someplace with a "General" or "PG" rating.   We found ourselves being with day-old names (alts) appearing at odd places and altitudes around the island for 1 or 2 minutes at a time.   Before long they were clustering around her sky platform.   This went on until she emailed me that she couldn't log on.   With my help she went through 4 alts until she FINALLY listened too me and took out the Adult-rated pictures from each profile.   The sex vigilantes came and went for a few weeks and finally disappeared.   In all this I could not get help from Linden Labs since it didn't involve my account directly.  Due to changes in the LL management and a complete overhaul of the Terms Of Service (TOS) and Community Standards (CS) documents, I doubt that this kind of vigilante situation is even possible now.

I don't know what your situation was, but look to your handling of your account information.  Even letting a family member use your account can get you banned, at least temporarily.

FWIW..

AB

outlaw_country

Novice Member

6/04/14 8:22:03 AM#5

I just  had my accounts banned and I am not sure how to retrieve it, can somebody help? I am new here and new  to SL

THanks for the help

lacuey02

Novice Member

6/05/14 7:28:39 AM#6

Try to contact Linden Lab about it 

https://support.secondlife.com/?lang=en-US