Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,649 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,285
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Negative hype from media outlets

6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
115 posts found
  azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

OP  7/06/13 4:40:59 PM#1

Episode 147 & 148 of This Week in MMO's has cast serious doubts on the game.  Anyone who hasn't watched should because Gary and Scott kind of try and fool themselves when the handwriting is on the wall.  This wasn't the first negative thoughts on the game either, I think Zenimax will have a tough sale unless they can fix the issues the games has and try to appeal to the MMO crowd.  Fairly certain 13 million console users are not going to be playing TESO when it comes out, even on a console and if they continue to alienate the MMO market, people like me who were defending every decision they made 2 months ago will soon switch.

This isn't good folks.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/this-week-in-mmo-show/elder-scrolls-online-mmotwimmo-147/

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/this-week-in-mmo-show/back-from-e3/

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

PieRad

Apprentice Member

7/06/13 4:47:23 PM#2

What is more interesting is that you defended every decision they made regardless of what that was.

Did you feel it was your job to defend it against the internet?

Coated

Advanced Member

7/06/13 4:51:21 PM#3
Someone mentioned in another thread about expectations and what not. I'm going to assume that this game has such low expectations, that it can only go up from here. Seriously, If I had to rate this game right now, I'd rate it 'poo'. That wasn't a childish remark either, I'd really consider this game to be a steaming pile of crap right there at your feet.
  nerovipus32

Novice Member

7/06/13 4:51:34 PM#4
Anyone who has been around the mmo genre for long enough can tell that this game is going to be a pile of crap. When devs start changing their focus for a game mid development then that should be a red flag for most people.
  bcbully

Elite Member

7/06/13 4:57:18 PM#5

HE SAID IT WEONG! HE DPESN'T KNOW WHAY HE's TALKING ABOUT

i hope...

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

Vidir

Apprentice Member

7/06/13 5:00:06 PM#6
It is sad but I have the feeling that ESO will be similar to SWTOR.
  DavisFlight

Hard Core Member

7/06/13 5:06:16 PM#7
Almost NO ONE has said good things about this game.
  IridescentOrk

Novice Member

7/06/13 5:12:10 PM#8
nothing new... better the truth, yes? besides, that's what most players do in MMOs, soloing most of the time to max level; the group activities are in the game and there is 3-faction PvP in Cyrodiil, so there is no reason for the drama

gameplay > graphics

Arglebargle

Elite Member

7/06/13 5:48:34 PM#9

Those guys are pretty irritating.  Makes it hard to give their opinions credence when, after a minute or two, you are killing the video.

As for ESO, I think they are running into a situation where the vision they had for the game five years ago is no longer feeling like a great fit for the present day.   I imagine they are getting feedback from  multiple directions that are sending them back to the drawing board with a multitude of erasers and running irons.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Iselin

The Listener

7/06/13 6:44:02 PM#10

THE HORROR! It's barbaric!

Thanks for linking a one month old video...again. And let's ignore all the best of E3 awards from places like Digital Trends (best MMO,) Game Critics Awards (best RPG,) Game Informer (best MMO,) IGN (best MMO,) etc. They've obviously all been paid-off and, as everyone in the internet knows, we here at mmorpg.com know what's best.

Gloom and doom threads are always the best for shock value and attracting the masses...just ask the Fox News editorial staff.

6 months ago I said "let's wait for release"
3 months ago I said "let's wait for release"
1 month ago I said "let's wait for release"

Guess what I'm saying today?

But hey, at least you're pulling some attention away from the EQ Next forums today.

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

OP  7/06/13 6:52:12 PM#11
Originally posted by Iselin

Thanks for linking a one month old video...again. And let's ignore all the best of E3 awards from places like Digital Trends (best MMO,) Game Critics Awards (best RPG,) Game Informer (best MMO,) IGN (best MMO,) etc. They've obviously all been paid-off and, as everyone in the internet knows, we here at mmorpg.com know what's best.

Gloom and doom threads are always the best for shock value and attracting the masses...just ask the Fox News editorial staff.

But hey, at least you're pulling some attention away from the EQ Next forums today.

And yet our very own MMORPG.com didn't award the game with best of MMO or RPG but the lowly "most anticipated".  I'll agree with you, we need to wait for release.  But in the mean time Zenimax needs to listen too the negativity the game is seeing from reputable sources, as well as the fans of forums and websites.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Iselin

The Listener

7/06/13 7:11:27 PM#12
Originally posted by azzamasin

And yet our very own MMORPG.com didn't award the game with best of MMO or RPG but the lowly "most anticipated".  I'll agree with you, we need to wait for release.  But in the mean time Zenimax needs to listen too the negativity the game is seeing from reputable sources, as well as the fans of forums and websites.

That's because they got a peek at EQ Next and gave it to them. All I can say is that EQ Next better be absofuckinglutely amazing or their credibility is going to take a huge nose dive.

From what was actually shown at E3? I would have put TESO 3rd after The Division and Destiny. Shrug... my wife ain't a 10 either (just don't tell her I said that  )

Saxx0n

Tipster

7/06/13 7:38:22 PM#13

Poor design and rehashing dead mechanics. Pain will make them grow.

I would rather watch Fox anyday over the state run television networks.

Iselin

The Listener

7/06/13 7:41:58 PM#14
Originally posted by Saxx0n

Obviously many do. Personally I'd rather watch Bill Maher make fun of FOX...but that's just me.

Hahhns

Novice Member

7/06/13 7:52:38 PM#15
many of these comments come from people who are not beta testing. The group is small but the feel is TES all the way. You have to give it frigging time guys it is a year away and they have almost a year of beta to go .
  azzamasin

Elite Member

OP  7/06/13 8:23:16 PM#16
Originally posted by Hahhns
many of these comments come from people who are not beta testing. The group is small but the feel is TES all the way. You have to give it frigging time guys it is a year away and they have almost a year of beta to go .

Actually Scott and Gary both played the game and even though they skirted around the issue and tried to remain optimistic they pointed out obvious faults with the game design.  I haven't played the game but I have been playing MMO's for 14+ year and I can spot the signs of mediocrity when I see it.  Hopefully you're right though and the year they have left on development will make the game good, surely if anyone wants it to succeed it's me.

Kuanshu

Novice Member

7/06/13 9:28:37 PM#17

First video would have helped bring more light to Matt Firor's comments if you actually were able to see the full interview with questions. I feel Matt was gauging his answers towards appealing to Elder Scrolls Fans mostly since this is an Elder Scrolls game ultimately. Again it would help to see the entirety of the interview. So much is up in the air at this time to really discern what is being communicated vs what is really going on in development.

Second video affirms the MMO feel yet its still heavily in development so the feel of the game isn't optimized and polished as it would be closer to release. I do like how they kept saying it feels like Skyrim. Heck if they release the game and it feels more multiplayer in the alliance zones and more like an MMO in Cryodiil I will be ok with playing the game as I am sure many will feel the same way. I doubt they hit a home run with this game unless they are hiding alot of aspects for good reason...I will say however it is best if they don't bring any disrespect to the Elder Scrolls legacy in the long run. Overall I got more of an indifferent opinion from both of these guys in the video.

jimprouner

Advanced Member

7/06/13 9:36:56 PM#18

Because E3 awards mean a lot... 

There are probably like a thousand of those dumbass awards, and the game they got to play was nothing but a small demo.  I wouldn't trust my own opinion based merely on a few demos.

Slapping awards from random fansites and what not on your game is an old gimmick.  Which is fitting, because that's all I see when i look at TESO, gimmicks.

Originally posted by Saxx0n

Obviously many do. Personally I'd rather watch Bill Maher make fun of FOX...but that's just me.

Idk, watching Faux News isn't so bad when you want a good laugh at the expense of stupid gullible people.
  Iselin

The Listener

7/06/13 10:28:04 PM#19
Originally posted by jimprouner

But one month old gamebreaker viideos when all the talk was "Ohmygod it isn't an MMO!" mean tons right? 

So haters go like this: "the media says it sucks...so it sucks" or "E3 awards mean shit...so it sucks" 

Yeah you make sense bud.

jimprouner

Advanced Member

7/06/13 10:36:04 PM#20
Originally posted by jimprouner

But one month old gamebreaker viideos when all the talk was "Ohmygod it isn't an MMO!" mean tons right? 

So haters go like this: "the media says it sucks...so it sucks" or "E3 awards mean shit...so it sucks" 

Yeah you make sense bud.

There are probably like a thousand of those dumbass awards, and the game they got to play was nothing but a small demo.  I wouldn't trust my own opinion based merely on a few demos.

Slapping awards from random fansites and what not on your game is an old gimmick.  Which is fitting, because that's all I see when i look at TESO, gimmicks

You can watch people play at E3.    I have seen E3, I have seen beta, I have read the announcements, and watched/listened to the interviews, and based on all that I say the game atm seems mediocre.  I don't base my judgement on one small source.  Maybe you do...

Those awards are random as hell, which is why they have no credibility.

Interestingly enough IGN & Digital Trends & Game infromer didn't announce ESO as the best MMO in 2012.

Planetside 2 won (Game was all hype)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DT-PWfIQOE

Best Role Playing Game 2012 Game critics awards

South Park: The Stick of Truth   (Ahh yah, wtf is this, lol)

Here is what you can expect from an E3 review,

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06/12/e3-2013-not-so-wild-about-wildstar/

These are the guys who hand out those awards.  That was the worst review I have ever read.  All the guy did was cry about the controls during the whole thing.  He said this was his 6th MMO of the day.   Gee I wonder if that might ruin some of the fun and add a huge bias factor?!? I wonder...  Then he says he is a seasoned MMOer, but he fails to climb at tree for 15 minutes.  ROFL!!!  15 minutes...seriously!?  The hell of it is he was laughing at some other lady claiming she didn't know a mob from a muppet.  Ahh ok.  I bet she could probably climb that tree within 15 minutes though...LOL!

6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search