Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,015 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,522
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Will we be able to fast travel?

4 posts found
  TheScavenger

Elite Member

Those who ask a question, are stupid for 30 seconds. Those who never ask, are stupid for life.

OP  7/05/13 3:53:42 PM#1

One of my favorite things about Oblivion and Skyrim, was fast travel. No needing to run for an hour to get to a place you've already been. great feature.

I know Guild wars and guild wars 2 allow fast travel at a cost...and this is great, cause their worlds are huge.

There is of course zeppelins like WoW has, but in the end you wait 10-15 minutes for the zeppelin to arrive and it takes another 5 minutes to get to the destination...faster just to run or pay a mage lol

So since this is a Elder Scrolls game, I assume we'll be able to fast travel (even if it costs), so we don't have to do the same run over and over for however many minutes/hours it takes in the game?

Isabella and Laenaya are on Photobucket!

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/Vendayn/library/Skyrim/Anime%20Skyrim

My (mostly) scenery screenshots of heavily modded Skyrim

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/Vendayn/library/Skyrim/Anime%20Skyrim/Aesthetics

Sovrath

Elite Member

7/05/13 4:00:25 PM#2
Originally posted by TheScavenger

One of my favorite things about Oblivion and Skyrim, was fast travel. No needing to run for an hour to get to a place you've already been. great feature.

I know Guild wars and guild wars 2 allow fast travel at a cost...and this is great, cause their worlds are huge.

There is of course zeppelins like WoW has, but in the end you wait 10-15 minutes for the zeppelin to arrive and it takes another 5 minutes to get to the destination...faster just to run or pay a mage lol

So since this is a Elder Scrolls game, I assume we'll be able to fast travel (even if it costs), so we don't have to do the same run over and over for however many minutes/hours it takes in the game?

There are wayshrines that will allow you to travel to other wayshrines you have discovered.

TheScavenger

Elite Member

Those who ask a question, are stupid for 30 seconds. Those who never ask, are stupid for life.

OP  7/05/13 4:07:48 PM#3
Originally posted by Sovrath
Originally posted by TheScavenger

There are wayshrines that will allow you to travel to other wayshrines you have discovered.

ah, cool. So sorta like in skyrim, you discover a location (or wayshrine in this case) and you can teleport to it. Awesome :D

Isabella and Laenaya are on Photobucket!

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/Vendayn/library/Skyrim/Anime%20Skyrim

My (mostly) scenery screenshots of heavily modded Skyrim

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/Vendayn/library/Skyrim/Anime%20Skyrim/Aesthetics

Lokberg

Hard Core Member

7/05/13 5:35:15 PM#4

From what i read i think you can 

A  if your at a wayshrine you can teleport to another you been at free of charge 

B out in the world you can teleport to a wayshrine you visited but it cost ingame coin