Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,871 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,085,159
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Your favorite and least favorite.. Elder scrolls Province? Which are you also most excited to see?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
33 posts found
  Caliburn101

Novice Member

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

4/25/13 2:58:08 AM#21
Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

Morrowind is the one I'm yearning to see.

Also excited for Valenwood / Elsweyr jungles.

The one that least excites me is Cyrodiil, even though there might be a lot of exiting stuff going on there.

As a dedicated one-toon player I am looking forward to seeing EVERYWHERE once I've got everything unlocked...

Caliburn101

Novice Member

4/25/13 3:01:08 AM#22
Originally posted by colddog04
I like the alien feel of Morrowind a lot. It could partly be because of the nostalgia I feel when I see it as Morrowind was my first Elder Scrolls game.

Yeah the new island Solstheim in the last Skyrim expansion is all Morrowind-like in the southern area - really took me back, and of course with the better graphics of Skyrim, it looked great.

asrlohz

Apprentice Member

Alea iacta est, beloved Doomsayers.

4/25/13 6:26:40 AM#23
Originally posted by Sovrath

From what I know of the land my favorite would be Morrowind and my least favorite would be Elsweyr.

I always seem to lose interest  in any game with  areas that are Jungles and Deserts.

I am inclined to agree. I would however want to see how Bethesda would handle a desert since it would be very different from the recent titles such as Morrowind and so on.

Personally I'd love to see the Summerset Isles. I would love to see bigger and more active cities in The Elder Scrolls which could leave lots to explore.

Anakami

Novice Member

4/25/13 9:36:57 AM#24

I am a pretty huge fan of deserts so I would really like to see Redguard territory and ofc Elseweyr.

Least interested I am in Cyrodill, but thats more because of an architectural preference and Cyrodill is medieval style which I ve seen a lot already :)

Also Blackmarsh would be pretty cool to see, not that I like swamps, but exploring it would be neat

rygard49

Advanced Member

4/25/13 2:26:38 PM#25
Originally posted by Nanfoodle
Originally posted by TheScavenger
Originally posted by tkreep
Morrowind and Oblivion were 2 of TES games I played to death. I didnt even play Skyrim because of the M rating.

Um, you should play Skyrim.

It might be a little darker than Oblvion but it has some of that Morrowind weirdness. It's quite an amazing game. There are some darker quest lines but just don't play them.

But some of them match the daedric quest in Oblvion where you go among the faitful of "whoever the daedric being is that prefers the dark" and you "take care" of the missionaries. 

Sounds awesome, but I just wont play any M rated games as a rule.

whats wrong with m rating, oblivion should have had a m rating too because of the amount of gore it had especially in the room filled with blood and corpses of some crazy guys work.

Its most likely a kid, and his parents don't allow him to play m rated games. Which would be the best parenting I've heard of in recent times...most parents are lazy and then complain when they see the game in action.

As for favorite continent. Probably Elsweyr (love deserts/jungles) and Morrowind (so different)

I'm very interested in seeing what they do with Hammerfell. Least favorite will probably be cyrodil, most boring landmass I ever played in a singleplayer game. It was boring as Elwynn Forest (or any other boring bland "human" starting area that are often in fantasy MMOs).

40 year old man, married family life. I live by the same rules I make my family live by. Cant tell a kid not to smoke if you smoke.

Great ethics (no sarcasm). I myself don't play any violent games of any sort around my son (don't even have the boxes around), but I do indulge after he goes to sleep. Dad gets to be a hypocrit in some cases.

Gravarg

Spotlight Poster

For the Queen!

4/25/13 2:38:01 PM#26
I can't wait to see Orsinium.  I've always liked Orcs, and the Orcs in TES lore in particular.  I wonder if Torug GroIgron will be a banned  name lol.

ElRenmazuo

Hard Core Member

4/25/13 2:59:19 PM#27
Originally posted by Distopia

ummm oblivion had just as much mature content as skyrim...maybe more. Honestly skyrim seemed way more toned down than previous ES.  And I believe they changed Oblivion to M rated a while ago.

Then again there's the whole decapitation thing in Skyrim, there's none of that type of violence in Oblivion.

They would have put those age of conan style animations in oblivion if they could have back in the day...but they didnt realy focus much on animations on that game like even the third person was horrible. 

Neherun

Hard Core Member

4/25/13 3:56:34 PM#28

Pre-CHIM'd southern Cyrodil, to see whether developer's decided to follow their "*Cough it was a transciption error that Cyrodil was a jungle*" or admit that they screwed up and actually made it a jungle.

Nanfoodle

Elite Member

4/25/13 4:15:15 PM#29
Originally posted by rygard49
Originally posted by TheScavenger
Morrowind and Oblivion were 2 of TES games I played to death. I didnt even play Skyrim because of the M rating.

Um, you should play Skyrim.

It might be a little darker than Oblvion but it has some of that Morrowind weirdness. It's quite an amazing game. There are some darker quest lines but just don't play them.

But some of them match the daedric quest in Oblvion where you go among the faitful of "whoever the daedric being is that prefers the dark" and you "take care" of the missionaries. 

Sounds awesome, but I just wont play any M rated games as a rule.

whats wrong with m rating, oblivion should have had a m rating too because of the amount of gore it had especially in the room filled with blood and corpses of some crazy guys work.

Its most likely a kid, and his parents don't allow him to play m rated games. Which would be the best parenting I've heard of in recent times...most parents are lazy and then complain when they see the game in action.

As for favorite continent. Probably Elsweyr (love deserts/jungles) and Morrowind (so different)

I'm very interested in seeing what they do with Hammerfell. Least favorite will probably be cyrodil, most boring landmass I ever played in a singleplayer game. It was boring as Elwynn Forest (or any other boring bland "human" starting area that are often in fantasy MMOs).

40 year old man, married family life. I live by the same rules I make my family live by. Cant tell a kid not to smoke if you smoke.

Great ethics (no sarcasm). I myself don't play any violent games of any sort around my son (don't even have the boxes around), but I do indulge after he goes to sleep. Dad gets to be a hypocrit in some cases.

Thanks =-) Nice day on the mmorpg.com ESO forums. No nasty posting at all. Rather enjoied that!

ElRenmazuo

Hard Core Member

4/25/13 8:42:26 PM#30
Skyrim is the most manliest province...and the name sounds cool. all other provinces are for girly mans.
  Caliburn101

Novice Member

4/26/13 3:07:04 AM#31

Blackmarsh and Al'Akir.

When swamps, or jungles with a profusion of vegetation and colour, and deserts with detail and good lighting effects are done well graphically I find them the most atmospheric.

Fdzzaigl

Hard Core Member

4/26/13 3:12:31 PM#32
Originally posted by Caliburn101
Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

Morrowind is the one I'm yearning to see.

Also excited for Valenwood / Elsweyr jungles.

The one that least excites me is Cyrodiil, even though there might be a lot of exiting stuff going on there.

As a dedicated one-toon player I am looking forward to seeing EVERYWHERE once I've got everything unlocked...

Same, I very rarely roll alts and thus I do try to experience everything there is to experience on one character.

But as far as Cyrodiil is concerned. Dunno, that landscape was the most boring one so far in Oblivion, definitely after the appealing weirdness of Morrowind.

Deivos

Hard Core Member

Iarð skal rifna, ok upphiminn.

4/26/13 3:28:50 PM#33

Thanks =-) Nice day on the mmorpg.com ESO forums. No nasty posting at all. Rather enjoied that!

I can fix that!

TESO is going to be terribad!

Random unfunny kidding aside. I'm on the same boat as most in saying Morrowind is a place I'm gonna love looking at again. They did a good job of making that place look pretty unique.

Most excited I would say even if they aren't as standout, I'll enjoy taking a poke about the western areas since this will be their first, y'know, modern graphic interpretation.

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero. - Vaarsuvius

2 Pages « 1 2 Search