Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Wasteland 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,859,102 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,242
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Video #2 out- there's hope for TESO after all!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
33 posts found
  baphamet

Hard Core Member

4/24/13 1:10:05 AM#21

Originally posted by DavisFlight
Graphics, voice acting, and combat are not the reason people hate this game.

yes, the real reason is you are a CU fan and thus feel compelled to hate on TESO, amirite?

its funny that a good amount of these "fans" that are so "concerned" just so happen to be CU backers.

i will tell you this, worst case scenario this game does suck and i stop playing.

at least i didn't spend hundreds of dollars on a game that may or may not even launch let alone not suck as well.

Siug

Apprentice Member

4/24/13 1:14:32 AM#22
Saw the 2nd video and I liked it. Short but promising.
  Siug

Apprentice Member

4/24/13 1:19:59 AM#23
Originally posted by ZedTheRock
Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by wormed
TES fanboys remind me of GW2 fanboys. Going to be a lot of lulz when you're all mega disappointed with the product.

going to be a lot of "lulz" when you are also disappointed with the game you backed, if it actually funds that is.

but to tell you the truth, CU fans remind me more of the fanatical GW2 fans, to be accurate.

i don't see too many vocal TESO fans around here, nothing like GW2/CU had/has in development

Exactly.  Some of us are looking forward to it but like any good gamer should be, we are worried because of many things.  I.e. I am worried about Mega Server and Endgame PvE.

All I ask is for a game to have good and plentiful endgame and sadly alot of games forget this aspect.

I'd also like to hear something about crafting because crafting in most MMOs suck to put it mildly. PvE endgame worries me too a bit but if the world is big enough to explore and have some whoah experiences I'm good. Also, I'm really hoping that leveling takes more than 3 days in this game :)

baphamet

Hard Core Member

4/24/13 1:22:17 AM#24

Originally posted by wormed TES fanboys remind me of GW2 fanboys. Going to be a lot of lulz when you're all mega disappointed with the product.
  going to be a lot of "lulz" when you are also disappointed with the game you backed, if it actually funds that is. but to tell you the truth, CU fans remind me more of the fanatical GW2 fans, to be accurate. i don't see too many vocal TESO fans around here, nothing like GW2/CU had/has in development
Exactly.  Some of us are looking forward to it but like any good gamer should be, we are worried because of many things.  I.e. I am worried about Mega Server and Endgame PvE.

All I ask is for a game to have good and plentiful endgame and sadly alot of games forget this aspect.

i hear ya, i take the wait and see approach with every game i am interested in.

expectations are never high for me because i know there will likely never be an mmo as fun as my first two that introduced me to the genre (Daoc, EQ)

anyways, IMO PVE endgame in TESO probably will lack depending on how much content there will be in the enemy lands at 50 and what benefits you get from doing it.

endgame cannot be handled like it is in GW2, you have to be able to advance your character in some way other than just the way your character looks.

really wish they would handle AA points like they did in Daoc (realm points) or AA's in EQ.

baphamet

Hard Core Member

4/24/13 1:26:24 AM#25

Originally posted by Piiritus

Originally posted by wormed TES fanboys remind me of GW2 fanboys. Going to be a lot of lulz when you're all mega disappointed with the product.
  going to be a lot of "lulz" when you are also disappointed with the game you backed, if it actually funds that is. but to tell you the truth, CU fans remind me more of the fanatical GW2 fans, to be accurate. i don't see too many vocal TESO fans around here, nothing like GW2/CU had/has in development
Exactly.  Some of us are looking forward to it but like any good gamer should be, we are worried because of many things.  I.e. I am worried about Mega Server and Endgame PvE.   All I ask is for a game to have good and plentiful endgame and sadly alot of games forget this aspect.
I'd also like to hear something about crafting because crafting in most MMOs suck to put it mildly. PvE endgame worries me too a bit but if the world is big enough to explore and have some whoah experiences I'm good. Also, I'm really hoping that leveling takes more than 3 days in this game :)

http://youtu.be/Ed2VZXMJo8Y

i think the crafting sounds good, especially for a themepark.

everything else is up in the air at this point IMO other than the graphics, which i think will be very solid for mmo standards.

leroysg

Novice Member

4/24/13 1:34:29 AM#26

seriously i am curious, at which angle you are looking at while i'm not or missing it? this game looks so much resemble like skyrim (almost a clone) and have a companion following you including the loot method (pause mode). care to share? thanks

Silverune

Novice Member

4/24/13 1:37:31 AM#27
They still have a LOT of work to do before they release this. To me combat is one of the main things of an mmo, if they cannot get the animations and impact mechanics right then I'm going to be giving this one a miss. On a plus the envroment looked ok in this vid, they just need to fire the people working on combat and animations and get some decent talent in.
  Siug

Apprentice Member

4/24/13 1:50:44 AM#28
Originally posted by leroysg

seriously i am curious, at which angle you are looking at while i'm not or missing it? this game looks so much resemble like skyrim (almost a clone) and have a companion following you including the loot method (pause mode). care to share? thanks

I'm looking from my own angle. I liked what I saw but I'm not hyped because I need much more info for that. 

Deivos

Apprentice Member

Iarð skal rifna, ok upphiminn.

4/24/13 1:51:27 AM#29

Or in other words, it looks like 200 of those characters should fit on screen at one time.  Graphics are the least of my concern, I mean I could bring up WoW or Minecraft but whats the point right?

Planetside 2

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero. - Vaarsuvius

baphamet

Hard Core Member

4/24/13 1:51:29 AM#30

Originally posted by Piiritus Saw the 2nd video and I liked it. Short but promising.

because that is skyrim.

that blog seems to show gameplay from skyrim while they are talking.

the short leaked video people are talking about is linked in the comments section of that blog.

don't even watch the main video posted there, just click the link in the comments section.

leroysg

Novice Member

4/24/13 2:11:12 AM#31

Originally posted by Piiritus Saw the 2nd video and I liked it. Short but promising.

because that is skyrim.

that blog seems to show gameplay from skyrim while they are talking.

the short leaked video people are talking about is linked in the comments section of that blog.

don't even watch the main video posted there, just click the link in the comments section.

ooh ok thanks for the clarification...heading to watch the actual leaked gameplay now...cheers!!

fantasyfreak112

Apprentice Member

4/24/13 2:25:55 AM#32
Things regarding TESO are pretty simple. If they stick to the tried and true Oblivion/Skyrim approach the game will succeed. If they deviate too far from that model it will fail.
  meddyck

Advanced Member

4/24/13 5:45:07 AM#33
When are we going to get some AvA gameplay videos? Does anybody know if testers can even play that yet?

Camelot Unchained Founder
DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

2 Pages « 1 2 Search