Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,016 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,657
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Which race would you like to play?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
77 posts found
  Nanfoodle

Elite Member

4/24/13 11:06:52 AM#41
Originally posted by ShakyMo
I guessing gw2

No my guess is the faction/race combo he want is there and an option for him.

Distopia

Drifter

"what a boring life, HATING everything" -Gorilla Biscuits

4/24/13 11:09:03 AM#42
@ Shaky, I suspect the same..(GW2)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason

ZedTheRock

Apprentice Member

4/24/13 11:11:48 AM#43
Originally posted by CoNk3r

Probably it´s just me, but i´m not into this cr--p again. Looks like a SWTOR 2, in terms of character diversity. It does not matter if you play as a human or orc, they look all the same, just diffrent texture/skins, same hieght, weight.. never saw an anorexic orc. But maybe i´m wrong...

Give me a Goblin or a dwarf! FFS Sick of playing as a human, again...

http://saved.im/mtkxntc0ytb2/teso-races1.png

Argonian and Khajit are not human.  As for the rest then it sticks to the lore of the game just as SWTOR did.  Want to play some exotic race, then play some exotic game.  I hear Tera has poopori and WoW has Pandas.

SUP

marganculos

Advanced Member

4/24/13 11:13:36 AM#44

my favorite... trolls :P

JasonJ

Apprentice Member

4/24/13 11:14:06 AM#45
I guessing gw2

Then PM me and find out, the butthurt here started quick just from answering the OPs question, if I answered, these guys wouldnt be able to sit for a week because someone isnt trapped in the same box as they are.

ZedTheRock

Apprentice Member

4/24/13 11:14:42 AM#46
Originally posted by Nanfoodle
Albion had the most players in daoc (and were the most goody goody imo)

Maybe it was just the 2 servers I played on, midgaurd outnumbered my faction 3 and sometimes 4 to 1 and I played Ab =-)

Def your server, most servers (the 2 I played on Guinevere and Nimue) the Albs were the largest faction.  Mid was usually 3rd Hib 2nd.

SUP

ZedTheRock

Apprentice Member

4/24/13 11:16:59 AM#47
Originally posted by JasonJ
Just out of interest

What are you playing Jason?

Sorry, thats off topic, shouldnt answer and it would lend credit to those that whine when someone hints at not having TES choices when they see what I am playing does have it and it would cause hate of epic proportions.

While I do not agree with Nan on you "hating" on the game I do wonder why even post in the sub forums of a game you obviously do not like?  What do you get out of it, what agenda do you have?

SUP

Distopia

Drifter

4/24/13 11:19:08 AM#48
I guessing gw2

Then PM me and find out, the butthurt here started quick just from answering the OPs question, if I answered, these guys wouldnt be able to sit for a week because someone isnt trapped in the same box as they are.

Usually the butthurt are those who bring up the topic of being butthurt...anyway.. we're all gamers here, if you know of a better option for a TES style of play in MMO format speak up.

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason

JasonJ

Apprentice Member

4/24/13 11:26:23 AM#49
Originally posted by Distopia
I guessing gw2

Usually the butthurt are those who bring up the topic of being butthurt...anyway.. we're all gamers here, if you know of a better option for TES style play in MMO format speak up.

Was hoping you would say that, not being a hypocrit I am sure you would then agree that those that usually bring up hate, are the haters. Seeing as how all I did was answer the OPs question, what race I would like to play and adding why...it sure did bring out the hate....to the point where people even demanded to know what other games I play!

Thanks!

PS. Answer your last question many times in other threads only to get more hate from the exact same people who want nothing more than another DaoC game and everyone and everything else be damned. Some people just cant handle opinions without getting all...pissy.

Iselin

The Listener

4/24/13 11:26:30 AM#50
Originally posted by ZedTheRock
Albion had the most players in daoc (and were the most goody goody imo)

Maybe it was just the 2 servers I played on, midgaurd outnumbered my faction 3 and sometimes 4 to 1 and I played Ab =-)

Def your server, most servers (the 2 I played on Guinevere and Nimue) the Albs were the largest faction.  Mid was usually 3rd Hib 2nd.

Yeah. I played Albion in Guin also. We were the largest most of the time but it did vary and wasn't as unbalanced as others. Very early on, before there were many 50s and before the CC nerfs, "Stungard" was dominant for a while.

clumsytoes44

Apprentice Member

4/24/13 11:27:52 AM#51
I f I get the game (good possiblitiy) my main will be dunmar, although i'm a altoholic so i'll have multiple toon's of different races.
  Nanfoodle

Elite Member

4/24/13 11:40:55 AM#52
Originally posted by clumsytoes44
I f I get the game (good possiblitiy) my main will be dunmar, although i'm a altoholic so i'll have multiple toon's of different races.

I wana see all 3 areas with the races they were designed for. I will play the other 2 areas just to do that but only one faction will be my main stay. I love games that have replay value.

Distopia

Drifter

4/24/13 11:42:07 AM#53

Usually the butthurt are those who bring up the topic of being butthurt...anyway.. we're all gamers here, if you know of a better option for TES style play in MMO format speak up.

Was hoping you would say that, not being a hypocrit I am sure you would then agree that those that usually bring up hate, are the haters. Seeing as how all I did was answer the OPs question, what race I would like to play and adding why...it sure did bring out the hate....to the point where people even demanded to know what other games I play!

Thanks!

PS. Answer your last question many times in other threads only to get more hate from the exact same people who want nothing more than another DaoC game and everyone and everything else be damned. Some people just cant handle opinions without getting all...pissy.

True.. but...Some might assume "pissy" was the desired effect of such quips.

As for the daoc inference. Well this and CU are games inspired by that game, hence the DAOC fans having an interest in it. I can't imagine the case would be different if this game was targetting UO or SWG fans, or OG EQ fans. The fans would have expectations based on what they viewed as essential to what created the experience any of those games were known for. Just look at the pure TES fans they display this behavior as well.

Nanfoodle

Elite Member

4/24/13 11:45:08 AM#54

Thanks!

As for the daoc inference. Well this and CU are games inspired by that game, hence the DAOC fans having an interest in it. I can't imagine the case would be different if this game was targetting UO or SWG fans, or OG EQ fans. The fans would have expectations based on what they viewed as essential to what created the experience any of those games were known for. 

Ya this is truning into a bit of a deam MMO for me. My fav single play RPG is TES and my fav MMO is DAoC and I have been dieing for a MMO to bring back open world dungeons. If they added player housing they could take my money now lol

Siug

Hard Core Member

4/24/13 11:45:34 AM#55
Dunmer most probably. Gonna start with a caster this time and this race fits very well into that role.
  JasonJ

Apprentice Member

4/24/13 11:51:50 AM#56

As for the daoc inference. Well this and CU are games inspired by that game, hence the DAOC fans having an interest in it. I can't imagine the case would be different if this game was targetting UO or SWG fans, or OG EQ fans. The fans would have expectations based on what they viewed as essential to what created the experience any of those games were known for.

True, and you know why the word assume starts with those three letters, because thats what a person is for doing it. Rather obvious seeing as how they cant even stand the idea of a person answering in a way that doesnt fit inside their little box.

As for games inspired by DaoC, as you can see by how wonderful CU is doing with its kickstarter, you can plainly see why so many people are disgusted with TES being turned into one...so few people like the design, that the one that isnt using a popular IP to do it cant get enough people to help make it. Goes to show that without the name, this game wouldnt have much a following at all.

Distopia

Drifter

4/24/13 11:57:14 AM#57

Ya this is truning into a bit of a deam MMO for me. My fav single play RPG is TES and my fav MMO is DAoC and I have been dieing for a MMO to bring back open world dungeons. If they added player housing they could take my money now lol

While DAOC isn't my all time favorite MMO it was some of the best PVP I've seen in a game. TES has had some of the best lore, as well as delivery methods of that lore in RPG's past and present. I'm hoping to get some of that here. Not to mention a chance at seeing lands I've yet to see, but have read/heard much about in TES games. Yeah I think this might be a great game all in all. Even considering the absense of TES like freedoms.

That said, I do have to say on topic my first alt will be redguard.

Distopia

Drifter

4/24/13 12:03:58 PM#58

True, and you know why the word assume starts with those three letters, because thats what a person is for doing it. Rather obvious seeing as how they cant even stand the idea of a person answering in a way that doesnt fit inside their little box.

As for games inspired by DaoC, as you can see by how wonderful CU is doing with its kickstarter, you can plainly see why so many people are disgusted with TES being turned into one...so few people like the design, that the one that isnt using a popular IP to do it cant get enough people to help make it. Goes to show that without the name, this game wouldnt have much a following at all.

Well to be fair CSE did start a kickstarter with little to back up the vision being sold. Not to mention the absense of the entire second half of what made up DAOC (the PVE). I know MJ plans to have certain PVE elements, but they are not what were available in DAOC.

I can't really agree that absent TEs this game would automatically have no following. That's something we can not possibly know.

Nanfoodle

Elite Member

4/24/13 12:16:49 PM#59

Well to be fair CSE did start a kickstarter with little to back up the vision being sold. Not to mention the absense of the entire second half of what made up DAOC (the PVE). I know MJ plans to have certain PVE elements, but they are not what were available in DAOC.

I can't really agree that absent TEs this game would automatically have no following. That's something we can not possibly know.

Im a DAoC fan and I am not paying to develop a game that I dont even have game play footage for. With no PvE as a MMOer CU does not hold much of a chance of getting my money even if the game comes out and does well. I loved DAoC RvR but I also loved their PvE. But I am getting off topic. 

I really wana play an elf but I dont think my wife will like the Darkelves very much as she likes things to be also purdy. So It will most likely be woodelves or highelves.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

4/24/13 12:20:34 PM#60
Distopia
Yeah its weird but it seems to be mostly rabid gw2 fanbois that really really hate daoc, and start Trolling all over cu, daoc and TESO threads.

I understand people who hate TESO for not "being tes", whatever that is. I have massive concerns myself that we are in for yet another round of wow style pve. I get there's people that thought it would play like uo or vanguard or whatever, I myself thought it would play like tes in the inner game and eve in its multiplayer aspects.

But the people who also go troll daoc, its probably an inferiority complex thing.

Afterall gw2 is to daoc as wow is to EQ
4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search