Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,858,781 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,243,983
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Im pissed when i saw the gameplay of leaked beta footage from PAX.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
106 posts found
  jdlamson75

Spotlight Poster

There's some lovely filth down here.

4/16/13 5:39:19 AM#21
Originally posted by Dr_Shivinski

Putting cauldrons on NPCs heads and robbing them blind is my favorite past time.

As soon as I get home tonight, I'm firing up Skyrim and doing this.  Brilliant.

TheHavok

Apprentice Member

"Free crack and everybody gets laid."

4/16/13 5:49:04 AM#22
Originally posted by Tinybina
Originally posted by MikeJezZ
Originally posted by robrose89
why do people always forget that beta is beta? Can't judge the whole game's content over a 20 minute video from beta...

Yeah, because we all saw that we were wrong about the Diablo 3 beta.

Oh wait.

Yeah and we were wrong about Champions Online beta, Shadowbane beta, Roma Victor beta, AOC beta, Tabula Rasa beta, Everquest 2 beta, Warhammer beta, etc....

Oh wait, again...

Im sorry but what you saw there people is pretty much what you are going to get at release.   The game is not going to suddenly get a "FUN" injection patch sometime around release.  That was some of the most boring gameplay I have ever seen from a AAA MMO...

Well in all fairness, it was a level 1 character who couldn't figure out how to leave a boat, spent a lot of time in game options, then spammed his basic attack then died twice and didn't complete a single quest - all in the span of 20 minutes. Judging eso on this video would be like getting a cam quality movie and judging it only on its opening credits.

Funny enough, a similar thing happened when euro gamer reviewed dark fall online at its launch. It turned out the reviewer spent an hour in game, mostly in option menus, couldn't figure out how to kill mobs, then logged off and wrote a scathing review - which players who were actually playing the game quickly jumped on and tore apart.

Sovrath

Elite Member

4/16/13 7:17:03 AM#23
Originally posted by archeageking

Serioudly right now im royally pissed, i saw the leaked footage on the gameplay and im really RELALLY REALLY pissed off at zenimax. I dont care about the graphics, but by god i want to smash my keyboard right now. Its soooo generic, im just so freaking pissed off right now. I blew so many hours into skyrim, and now they are going to release this crap.

Im fuming. 

So what are you really pissed at? that the player in question jumped around, didn't really read anything and pretty much didn't do anything during his 20 minutes or are you pissed that he didnt' play "like they way you did" in Skyrim?

Because, in Skyrim you probably also could have jumped around, clicked through quests, attacked monsters that would have wasted you, etc.

The real question is "can you play ESO in a simliar way to an Elder Scrolls game?"

The jury is still out on that.

So would you have run around and clicked on things and not paid any attention to what mobs were about or would you have grabbed your stuff and head out into the unknown? And if the latter, then what are you pissed about, the video showed none of that?

Doogiehowser

Novice Member

4/16/13 7:20:59 AM#24

Serioudly right now im royally pissed, i saw the leaked footage on the gameplay and im really RELALLY REALLY pissed off at zenimax. I dont care about the graphics, but by god i want to smash my keyboard right now. Its soooo generic, im just so freaking pissed off right now. I blew so many hours into skyrim, and now they are going to release this crap.

Im fuming. 

I am more worried that something so trivial is sending you in such a rage. You need get tested son.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

Betaguy

Elite Member

Some folks are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when pushed down stairs

4/16/13 7:26:12 AM#25
I disagree with the OP, I think it looks great loved what I seen...nothing generic about the videos I seen.  Game looks like Teso has the feel. Lot's of choices in all areas of gameplay imo.

Lord.Bachus

Hard Core Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

4/16/13 7:27:09 AM#26
Does anyone realise that video was intentionally made to make TES look bad?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Tofke

Advanced Member

Sometimes I wish I was a balloon!

4/16/13 7:29:22 AM#27

Think people are a bit overreacting, it didn't look that bad. It didn't show much at all.

I was more disappointed about the person making this video, give him any game and you wouldn't get much out of it.

Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

4/16/13 7:30:00 AM#28
Originally posted by Boldyn
I blew so many hours into skyrim

So?

It is typical for gamers to adopt a sense of ownership for the games that they play.

Note: "typical", not "rational".

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Betaguy

Elite Member

Some folks are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when pushed down stairs

4/16/13 7:36:00 AM#29
Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

QFEx2

Amatures to the gaming world and dealing with leaked info....happens everytime.

Sho0terMcgavin

Apprentice Member

4/16/13 7:37:09 AM#30
Originally posted by Latronus

Im fuming. 

Really, another one of these.  Got any specifics to share bud because most us could care less what you want to do with your keyboard or that you are pissed, but I'm totally thinking that Zenimax will call you and totally redesign the game to fit your expectations, of which you provide no insight here, because you are REALLY REALLY pissed off. 

Pretty much summed up what I was thinking.  If I was betting, I would bet the OP is 14 years old or younger.  If not, then just really stupid.

povilezaz

Novice Member

4/16/13 7:38:00 AM#31
I enjoyed the video  . Char creation looks nice, graphics ok, combat ok ,looked like elder scrools . I'm really confused why ppl bich around so much ....
  Vesavius

Old School

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

4/16/13 7:42:45 AM#32
Originally posted by sirjonnyboy

some leaked beta footage chinese hosting site so no ban.

[mod edit]

I would rather play the first game than the second in all honesty.

Soliloquy

MMORPG.COM Staff

4/16/13 8:52:53 AM#33
Originally posted by sirjonnyboy

it looked just like skyrim but with other ppl running around to me. and im okay with it.  someone also said they saw tab targetting.... i didnt...

some leaked beta footage chinese hosting site so no ban.

[mod edit]

This is from the rules of conduct:

NDAs

• MMORPG.com does not permit users to post information on games still under an NDA. For more information about your specific game's NDA, please visit their official website.
It doesn't matter what site it's posted to. Please dont' do this.
Please look over the rules of conduct. if you have any questions contact Mike Bitton.

Pixel_Jockey

Apprentice Member

4/16/13 8:56:57 AM#34
Originally posted by Heretique
why do people always forget that beta is beta? Can't judge the whole game's content over a 20 minute video from beta...

Game will be released this year, what you see in beta is most of what you'll see at launch. Can't use this excuse all the time.

^ SWTOR for example...

Rayshe

Novice Member

4/16/13 9:02:42 AM#35

I've never been one to think that so long as a specific title was attached to a series it was going to be good. Take every game as a single game. Just because its a elder scrolls game doesnt mean it will be good. There are specific characteristis that will be attached to the game however Good or Bad will not be one of them.

Because i can.
I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
Logic every gamers worst enemy.

Ice-Queen

Hard Core Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

4/16/13 9:07:02 AM#36

People said that a lot in SWTOR beta, it released with a lot of the problems people were complaining about in beta.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

nationalcity

Advanced Member

4/16/13 9:07:21 AM#37

TY, finally someone gets it.....

Deerhunter71

Hard Core Member

4/16/13 9:10:11 AM#38
Originally posted by nationalcity

TY, finally someone gets it.....

Yep - if you are that worried then you should see the leaked footage from PAX where settings were turned up - looked 10x better and frigging great.  Dude probably turned all his settings down as much as possible to try and flame the game.

The video from PAX has me laughing at this this supposedly horrible video trying to make it look bad.

Omali

Advanced Member

4/16/13 9:10:46 AM#39
Originally posted by TheHavok

Well in all fairness, it was a level 1 character who couldn't figure out how to leave a boat, spent a lot of time in game options, then spammed his basic attack then died twice and didn't complete a single quest - all in the span of 20 minutes. Judging eso on this video would be like getting a cam quality movie and judging it only on its opening credits.

It's like watching a hand-cam video of the first five minutes of a movie and then complaining that the producer lied because the footage you saw wasn't at all HD quality.

Gravarg

Spotlight Poster

4/16/13 9:13:23 AM#40

Here's how reviews should be done from now on.

1) Double click on World of Warcraft desktop Icon

2) Click Play

3) Watch opening Cinematic

4) Once login screen is there hit quit

5) Write review describing the awesome graphics that WoW has, but there isn't really much to do except hit buttons that take you to your account, watch cinematics or quit the game.

Best review EVAR :)

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search