Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,928 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,242,370
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » If anyone manages to corner a Dev at a convention.

6 posts found
  ragz45

Novice Member

OP  3/29/13 11:25:15 PM#1

Can you please ask them the following?

1.  In the PvP aspect of the game, will there be an artificial scoreboard similar to what is done in GW2, that determines who is winning and losing based off points allocated to certain resources, keeps, etc?  

2.  Will the PvP campaigns continue to go on indefinitly?  Or will they be hard reset every few weks, so that things can be rebalanced depending on how each realm did durring that phase?  Also similar to how GW2 does things.

As an old DAOC player, I HATE the way ANET handled WvWvW.  People are so focused on the scoreboard, and who is winning & losing, that they miss out on the magic of the 3 faction PvP system.  This same system that ANET has implimented causes realms that are not doing well in WvW to bleed players to realms that are based on the artificial scoreboard.  Which just further compounds the whole problem.

So I would just like confirmation from a Dev for ESO, on how they plan to handle this aspect of the game.  As it's either a deal breaker -or- a deal maker for me personally.

neorandom

Novice Member

3/29/13 11:29:07 PM#2
corning a dev at a convention will undoubtedly lead directly too being tazed with a cattle prod in the genitles and hosed down with bear spray.  never corner a frightened game dev, they over react badly!
  Qallidexz

Novice Member

3/30/13 12:40:01 AM#3

Well, PvP might not matter at all if Paul Sage gets his way, but to answer your questions:

1) There willl be scoreboards and leaderboards, of some type, but I didnt play GW2, so I dunno.

2) They'll reset every 3-6 months, but only the scores will reset, the keeps will stay as they are, so I woulnd't call it a "hard" reset.

Lord.Bachus

Hard Core Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

3/30/13 1:50:49 AM#4
This is a great question, still DAoC gave the best PvP... This is one of the reasons.  

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

3/30/13 1:56:03 AM#5
Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
This is a great question, still DAoC gave the best PvP... This is one of the reasons.  

Yea and sadly ESO's AvA will be nothing like it because of the casualification of the PvE world.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

DMKano

Elite Member

3/30/13 2:02:24 AM#6

Corner a dev at a convention? Hmm.. devs usually don't go, it's mostly producers, and marketting folks and they all have the same consistent message that they have agreed to deliver to the press.

So if you corner a dev at a convention they either won't talk to you or they will say the same agreed party line that press is getting, otherwise they get in HUGE trouble as you can't have inconsistant messages going around.

I've done a ton of game conventions and this is what I've seen with all major studios - you find a member of the staff and they straight out point you to the right person you should be talking to, they usually won't say a thing as they've been told to not speak to anybody (if they don't know the right things to say).

The devs that do the actual server code, and class balancing - you know real work, who know the real scoop - you will rarely find them at conventions.