Trending Games | Landmark | Star Citizen | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,335 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,311,308
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » So, ganking is out?? Just asking?

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
25 posts found
  Miklosan

Novice Member

OP  3/28/13 11:57:00 PM#1

Ganking is out or not?

Gankning is?

Good! I love it!
Bad. Forcing other to my style!!!!
I don't know!
(login to vote)
  Sovrath

Elite Member

3/28/13 11:58:51 PM#2

Weird poll as it doesn't address the question but:

You can in Cyrodill I imagine.

Kinchyle

Novice Member

3/29/13 12:00:45 AM#3

Didnt vote..

If you are a ganker...you are a wanker

So what's left in the choices again?

SoMuchMass

Apprentice Member

3/29/13 12:09:19 AM#4
You can quest and gank in Cyrodil.
  Torvaldr

Elite Member

3/29/13 1:05:52 AM#5
I'm curious about this as well. People keep asserting different things.  Some say certain zones are pvp all the time.  Some have said you can switch instance layers and only pve.  Is there an official posting someplace?

Curse you AquaScum!

Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

3/29/13 1:12:35 AM#6
Originally posted by Torvaldr
I'm curious about this as well. People keep asserting different things.  Some say certain zones are pvp all the time.  Some have said you can switch instance layers and only pve.  Is there an official posting someplace?

There are 3 PvE continetnts, one for each faction, the middle continent named Cyrodil is PvP, its huge and its open and its Faction vs faction vs faction...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Torvaldr

Elite Member

3/29/13 1:34:30 AM#7
Thanks Bachus.  I guess I was misinformed.

Curse you AquaScum!

Iselin

The Listener

3/29/13 2:08:47 AM#8
Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
Originally posted by Torvaldr

There are 3 PvE continetnts, one for each faction, the middle continent named Cyrodil is PvP, its huge and its open and its Faction vs faction vs faction...

Unless there's been a major cataclysm in Tamriel and the lands have separated, it all happens in one continent

But yeah, 3 separate PvE zones around one PvP zone. Cyrodill will also have some PvE content. So people who enjoy the danger of questing in a PvP zone will have that...and yeah, there will be gankers there.

wordiz

Advanced Member

3/29/13 2:16:58 AM#9
Tired of ganking? Type, "LF PVP Guild" in chat. Works wonders.

http://thewordiz.wordpress.com/

Sentnl

Novice Member

3/29/13 2:26:30 AM#10
Originally posted by Kinchyle

Didnt vote..

Looks like we have a victim.

Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you :3

I sometimes play under the alias "Exposed". Don't tell anybody.

Panzerbase

Apprentice Member

3/29/13 2:35:27 AM#11
We can see what type of crowd is attracted to the game, the FOTM gank bitch. Sad to see EOS go the way of SWOTR, but they're attracting poison that will kill a game in no time. 
  Iselin

The Listener

3/29/13 2:37:46 AM#12
Originally posted by Panzerbase
We can see what type of crowd is attracted to the game, the FOTM gank bitch. Sad to see EOS go the way of SWOTR, but they're attracting poison that will kill a game in no time. 

You thought FOTM was so clever you had to post it twice in 2 threads?

It's a PvP game. Deal with it.

gessekai332

Advanced Member

3/29/13 3:51:42 AM#13
i hope they have stealth in this game so i can 1-hit kill nubs while they are handing in their quests to npcs.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

Eladi

Advanced Member

3/29/13 3:56:00 AM#14
Originally posted by gessekai332
i hope they have stealth in this game so i can 1-hit kill nubs while they are handing in their quests to npcs.

You cant coz they wont be in the pvp zone, PvP zone/pve quest is softcoded endgame, you can go there but would be useless unless you like spanking.

Caliburn101

Novice Member

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

3/29/13 7:02:30 AM#15
Originally posted by Sentnl

Didnt vote..

Ganking is for PvP'ers who can't deal with a challenge, want to autowin, and in some cases want to spoil someone elses game experience by camping etc.

People who do this kind of thing in real life usually end up in prison - so it follows that if a games company suggests an attempt at a consequences system, these types of players whine endlessly on forums about it.

They also log off the moment the tables are turned on them - they cannot take their own medicine for a second. The number of players I have encontered in 12 years of MMOs who are exceptions to this rule are vanishingly small.

We have a word in RL for them too - 'cowards'.

To follow your logic, and that of social services the world wide, bullies are bullied first before they 'pass it on'...

...so .... where did the 'bad man' touch YOU, victim? 

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

3/29/13 8:17:58 AM#16

Depends what you call ganking I suppose, (higher level vs lowbies, 10 on 1, attacking someone who is otherwise engaged in a NPC, etc.), one man's gank is another man's PVP game.

I'm a carebear who plays on PVP servers/games frequently, (as long as they permit me some degree of risk mitigation, such as EVE) because it makes the PVE more challenging, and there's just sometimes when you want to fight other players in an open world area rather than a scripted battleground scenario.

I'm not looking for fair combat, that makes PVP more of a sport and less like a war, I figure if someone manages to gank me, I've done something wrong and better figure out a way to outsmart or out fight my opponent next time.

Doesn't mean I enjoy getting killed when there's no chance, and I don't go out of my way to grief other players who have no chance of winning (just no entertainment in it for me), but I have certainly rolled on people if they got in the way of my group or turn out to be guild enemies.

From what I've read so far, PVP will be restricted to one zone, so if I'm in that area I'll expect to get flattened by someone unless I take the proper steps to avoid it.

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
"People can do with their money what they want. But... that doesn't make it smart" - COORS
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kendane

Novice Member

3/29/13 11:14:42 AM#17

I'm a bit divided on this. On one hand the risk of getting jumped and killed while questing can be pretty entertaining and have you always looking over your shoulder. On the otherhand I've played too many games where gankers are spineless cowards who exclusively target lowbies and complain on why they can kill them in their starting area. These are the same types that scurry away whenever a few people their level(not higher level, but the gankers level) because they might lose. I think these are people who can't handle losing, ever, so they play in such a way they're guaranteed to win. I find these people to be extremely common in mmos. And yes I can find a guild easily enough to counter that, but what is the point of even allowing someone to travel to say, Solestiem, and the only reason they're there is because they're level 50 and it is a level 10-15 area(just making up an example obviously) so they know no one there can stand a chance against them.

I honestly just think make there be enticing incentives to bring your character to Cyridill before max level, with PvE rewards as well. That way PvE players can either level in peace or add risk for a more enticing reward, gankers can hunt down people who can't possibly fight back to their hearts content in that providence, and PvPers can just kill everyone. The whole thing worked well in DAoC, if done right it should be able to be done well here.

rygard49

Novice Member

3/29/13 11:19:40 AM#18
No ganking. Cyrodiil elevates all players to an artificial max level, so even a level 10 can be competetive. Ganking isn't fun gameplay.
  stragen001

Novice Member

Mr Flibble is VERY cross

3/29/13 11:22:10 AM#19
Originally posted by Caliburn101
Originally posted by Sentnl

Didnt vote..

Ganking is for PvP'ers who can't deal with a challenge, want to autowin, and in some cases want to spoil someone elses game experience by camping etc.

People who do this kind of thing in real life usually end up in prison - so it follows that if a games company suggests an attempt at a consequences system, these types of players whine endlessly on forums about it.

They also log off the moment the tables are turned on them - they cannot take their own medicine for a second. The number of players I have encontered in 12 years of MMOs who are exceptions to this rule are vanishingly small.

We have a word in RL for them too - 'cowards'.

To follow your logic, and that of social services the world wide, bullies are bullied first before they 'pass it on'...

...so .... where did the 'bad man' touch YOU, victim? 

THIS.

There is a small minority of players that enjoy OWPvP for what it is supposed to be - The freedom to fight who and where you want, if someone gangs up on you, you go and get some mates and hunt them down. The thrill and sense of danger of not knowing if there will be someone around the next corner trying to kill you. Thats what OWPvP used to be, and should be about. 

95% of OWPvP supporters however, are Gankers who just want to be able to 1 hit a noob because they think its fun to ruin someone elses game, and as soon as they are presented with a fair fight they run away like the little bitches they are. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Sovrath

Elite Member

3/29/13 11:42:58 AM#20
Originally posted by Kendane

On the otherhand I've played too many games where gankers are spineless cowards who exclusively target lowbies and complain on why they can kill them in their starting area.

Yeah I have to say that though I don't care if I'm ganked and though I have met some gankers who, when killed, took it in stride, I have come upon this lot.

They cry and cry and start spouting off all sorts of nonsense.

My recent experience with a ganker was about a month ago in tera. I was leveling my pvp server lancer when suddenly a "red" warrior starting circling around me, jumping over me (not attacking), etc. I believe he thought that I was going to get nervous and run. So I stopped and waited for his little dance to cease. He then dove in and attacked me.

After I killed him he never came back to that area. Having said that, and to his credit,  he didn't cry but his actions were such that he was really getting off on the "circling of his prey".

2 Pages 1 2 » Search