Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EverQuest | Pirate101

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,252 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,717
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » How would you improve the direction the game is taking?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
77 posts found
  Thorbrand

Novice Member

Joined: 3/06/04
Posts: 1217

3/28/13 8:30:11 AM#21
Remove factions and change the name.
  david361107

Apprentice Member

Joined: 6/18/08
Posts: 283

3/28/13 8:35:13 AM#22

Just had to put my two cents in, didn't even read what the OP wrote. WTF are you posting here about changes to a came that's not even developed.

 

Thats like asking, how would you changed the spices in my pasta sauce? but you have to tell me before i make it or you even taste it..totally stupid dude sorry.

 

Peace

Lascer

  Doogiehowser

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/14/12
Posts: 1954

3/28/13 9:12:42 AM#23
Originally posted by alakyen

So there is enough information to criticize the game call it wow/DAoC copy, say it sucks, mmo generic and people saying not going to play it but not to say how would you improve some the aspects they have comment or there are in the game, now we are in time before the release...??

I am starting to guess to be of the only ones that sustain his thought and oppinions in what he have read from hand of the developers and videos and not just judging to nowhere by some trolls comentarys, that is what is hilarious, i cant say i dont like to have infinite arrows, but is not hilarious to say this game is a themepark, under the same argument... 

This is why people and world is how is, argument are just false excuses to make rule your opinion....

No there is not enough information to criticize the game either. But you can not stop people from posting their rants regardless. But that also doesn't mean we have to take it seriously. Any legitimate crticism or suggestion of improvements can only be made once atleast players have beta tested the game extensively.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

  ThomasN7

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/17/07
Posts: 6671

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” - Mordin Solus

3/28/13 9:17:29 AM#24
First person mode only. Hate to say it but I would just take any Elder Scrolls game made and just make multiplayer work correctly on it because there is nothing wrong with the way the Elder Scrolls fanchise plays now. We don't need a theme park mmo with the Elder Scrolls name on it. We just need a good multiplayer to work with the current games. That is how I would do it.
  sapphen

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/06/07
Posts: 920

3/28/13 9:19:53 AM#25
Originally posted by alakyen
Originally posted by sapphen
Originally posted by Nanfoodle
I would remove the ability to join more then one guild. Its a mess in GW2 and one thing I really hate in this game. Unless ESO can come up with a better way to do it then GW2 did.

I agree with this to some extent.  It is a mess at GW2 but I think it's because of account wide guilds and the theory of representation.  I wouldn't mind joining multiple guilds but only for that character.

also dont make clan mates notice if you represent them or not would be great... to avoid stupid internal rules

I think you should represent them all at the same time.  Participate in guild chats and help create bonds between different guildmates.

  alakyen

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/28/13
Posts: 33

 
OP  3/28/13 9:20:09 AM#26
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
Originally posted by alakyen

So there is enough information to criticize the game call it wow/DAoC copy, say it sucks, mmo generic and people saying not going to play it but not to say how would you improve some the aspects they have comment or there are in the game, now we are in time before the release...??

I am starting to guess to be of the only ones that sustain his thought and oppinions in what he have read from hand of the developers and videos and not just judging to nowhere by some trolls comentarys, that is what is hilarious, i cant say i dont like to have infinite arrows, but is not hilarious to say this game is a themepark, under the same argument... 

This is why people and world is how is, argument are just false excuses to make rule your opinion....

No there is not enough information to criticize the game either. But you can not stop people from posting their rants regardless. But that also doesn't mean we have to take it seriously. Any legitimate crticism or suggestion of improvements can only be made once atleast players have beta tested the game extensively.

So if people and dev say there is unlimited ammo and i dont like i cant complain? or i dont want a world/zone chat now that is still in development, but of course i have read every feedback watch every interview, to know how the game is going and what things are in development and which already with a clear idea, all people agree to complain about a game but no how to change those things you could not like, as i say really awfull but i should have imagined, for criticize there are allways time not to create.

  sapphen

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/06/07
Posts: 920

3/28/13 9:21:52 AM#27
Originally posted by Normandy7
First person mode only. Hate to say it but I would just take any Elder Scrolls game made and just make multiplayer work correctly on it because there is nothing wrong with the way the Elder Scrolls fanchise plays now. We don't need a theme park mmo with the Elder Scrolls name on it. We just need a good multiplayer to work with the current games. That is how I would do it.

I would love to see a few FPV-only Cyrodiil campaigns (automatically locking everyone into FPV when in combat).  That way there will be no disadvantages to playing this way in PvP. 

  alakyen

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/28/13
Posts: 33

 
OP  3/28/13 9:24:11 AM#28
Originally posted by Normandy7
First person mode only. Hate to say it but I would just take any Elder Scrolls game made and just make multiplayer work correctly on it because there is nothing wrong with the way the Elder Scrolls fanchise plays now. We don't need a theme park mmo with the Elder Scrolls name on it. We just need a good multiplayer to work with the current games. That is how I would do it.

Well thats the proof this post is not for everybody, and it seems people like to talk without know anything, if you had read any pax podcast you would know there is already one first person mode.

  Razperil

Novice Member

Joined: 9/13/04
Posts: 307

Everything has it's time and its place, know yours?

3/28/13 9:24:14 AM#29
Originally posted by alakyen

There are many criticism about the game, also many ignorance, for that reason I think would be interesting to make an organized feedback regarding all what we have read of the game, listing those things we would change or emphasize, now is under development. I plan to make a list of your ideas and make a survey with them and send it to zenimax

Just brief and not abstract points, there's mine:

-be able to talk and trade in over 50 zones with other players of opponents faction but not to attack them, to add race and trade variety to the game, maybe making posible the existence of wanderer merchants/peddlar

-option of not glowing effects or quest givers tracker

-solid combat/blowing effects/sounds

-enemies loot delivering their armor and weapons even they are bad quality

-if not raids a way to progress in pve in groups of a size at least addapted to medium guild number of active players while discovering exclusive story &/gear &/ cosmetics &/ achievements, that take enough time and effort to maintain player till new content addition

-importance of many dungeons and quest to discover by exploration in the game with chances to get great items or recipes or skills etc...

-importance of a thievery system and realistic npc routines

-a communication system that dont make of tamriel a forum discussion, allowing inmersion and physical ways to trade, and comunicate with close characters

-enough dificulty for pve combat.

-not infinite ammo and arrow crafting

Another bandwagon person worried about changing a game that has not been released yet. I would think that the time these people waste on these things could be used in more "constructive" things. I know it's the "cool" thing to create on-going threads about the same junk over and over again, seriously, find a better hobby or something.

As far as your topic, why don't you wait to actually play the game instead of going by just information you read? I'd bet you might have an actual glimpse of how the game will be once you have "actually" played it. It goes with the rest that are doing this as well. (I know, I know, tempt ban or warning) :)

  DavisFlight

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/25/12
Posts: 2592

3/28/13 9:24:45 AM#30

I would go back to what they said initially, focus on PUBLIC DUNGEONS and get rid of ALL phasing and instancing. 

I'd also ditch the Megaserver. 

And I'd probably not allow people to check out the other realms without making an alt on another server. 

  sapphen

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/06/07
Posts: 920

3/28/13 9:25:27 AM#31
Originally posted by Razperil

Another bandwagon person worried about changing a game that has not been released yet.

The funny thing about bandwagons is that they come with dual seats.

  alakyen

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/28/13
Posts: 33

 
OP  3/28/13 9:27:08 AM#32
Originally posted by Razperil
Originally posted by alakyen

There are many criticism about the game, also many ignorance, for that reason I think would be interesting to make an organized feedback regarding all what we have read of the game, listing those things we would change or emphasize, now is under development. I plan to make a list of your ideas and make a survey with them and send it to zenimax

Just brief and not abstract points, there's mine:

-be able to talk and trade in over 50 zones with other players of opponents faction but not to attack them, to add race and trade variety to the game, maybe making posible the existence of wanderer merchants/peddlar

-option of not glowing effects or quest givers tracker

-solid combat/blowing effects/sounds

-enemies loot delivering their armor and weapons even they are bad quality

-if not raids a way to progress in pve in groups of a size at least addapted to medium guild number of active players while discovering exclusive story &/gear &/ cosmetics &/ achievements, that take enough time and effort to maintain player till new content addition

-importance of many dungeons and quest to discover by exploration in the game with chances to get great items or recipes or skills etc...

-importance of a thievery system and realistic npc routines

-a communication system that dont make of tamriel a forum discussion, allowing inmersion and physical ways to trade, and comunicate with close characters

-enough dificulty for pve combat.

-not infinite ammo and arrow crafting

Another bandwagon person worried about changing a game that has not been released yet. I would think that the time these people waste on these things could be used in more "constructive" things. I know it's the "cool" thing to create on-going threads about the same junk over and over again, seriously, find a better hobby or something.

As far as your topic, why don't you wait to actually play the game instead of going by just information you read? I'd bet you might have an actual glimpse of how the game will be once you have "actually" played it. It goes with the rest that are doing this as well. (I know, I know, tempt ban or warning) :)

Just because i dont want a bad game and even i dont consider myself so importat i thought with this i could be able to make a interesting of people with knowledge about the game what to change now we can, but this lacks of both, yes i would like to be something more interest... at least i do something seriously even being thinking about a game

  Grunch

Apprentice Member

Joined: 2/14/05
Posts: 520

3/28/13 9:28:19 AM#33
Originally posted by Ilaya

WTF?

You have not even touched it. You have not seen it in real. You have not seen the Final Version of "whatsoever" and you are already asking for "How to improve the Game"

Are you kidding mate? Or did you had some bottles of Beer to much?

Man......

I think Devs and / or Publishers should not show anything anymore until one month before having the Game ready.

This only gets worse from Game to Game.......and im soooo sick of it tbh.

Hahah! I was thinking the same thing. [mod edit] . Just finish the game so we can play it so at least then people can complain after they have played the game. Right now we have too much pre-complaining for no reason. 

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

  sapphen

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/06/07
Posts: 920

3/28/13 9:31:41 AM#34
Originally posted by Grunch

Hahah! I was thinking the same thing.  [mod edit]Just finish the game so we can play it so at least then people can complain after they have played the game. Right now we have too much pre-complaining for no reason. 

If they don't want us critiquing the game then they shouldn't release any information.  It's human nature to want to express our opinions and put down others.

  alakyen

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/28/13
Posts: 33

 
OP  3/28/13 10:06:41 AM#35
Originally posted by sapphen
Originally posted by Grunch

Hahah! I was thinking the same thing. [mod edit]Just finish the game so we can play it so at least then people can complain after they have played the game. Right now we have too much pre-complaining for no reason. 

If they don't want us critiquing the game then they shouldn't release any information.  It's human nature to want to express our opinions and put down others.

It's human nature to want to express OUR opinions and PUT DOWN OTHERS., i would add and if a human dont have an oppinion quickly he creates the more closer and shifty one to put down others..

  baphamet

Hard Core Member

Joined: 7/05/06
Posts: 2646

110100100

3/28/13 10:20:54 AM#36


Originally posted by Lord.Bachus


 

-AA system, opening up new abbilities


i am definitely on board with that. they could have a "realm point" system like they had in Daoc that only gives you benefits in pvp.

they wont do it for pve because it will imbalance things, but i don't know why they don't for pvp only.

  Anakami

Novice Member

Joined: 2/28/12
Posts: 101

3/28/13 11:35:33 AM#37

Hm, I only have 2 things I'd like them to change, because I am pretty happy with the rest of the game.

1. No race lock. Let us choose who we want to support in the war regardless of race choice.

2. Open PvE World from the start. Basically like it is now, just that you can start in any of the 3 zones and co-op with evryone.

  sapphen

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/06/07
Posts: 920

3/28/13 11:54:56 AM#38
Originally posted by Anakami

Hm, I only have 2 things I'd like them to change, because I am pretty happy with the rest of the game.

1. No race lock. Let us choose who we want to support in the war regardless of race choice.

2. Open PvE World from the start. Basically like it is now, just that you can start in any of the 3 zones and co-op with evryone.

I don't want to take ESO away from all it's supporters, but I would love a version of ESO with these features.

  Anakami

Novice Member

Joined: 2/28/12
Posts: 101

3/28/13 12:42:54 PM#39
Actually it is pretty easy. I could think of a few ways employing the very same mechanics and features they have right now, just tailor them a lot more to the open world setting of TES, that -for me- is about choice. We will see how this game turns out in the end and if they have done themselves a favor with their design choices :)
  Karelia

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/21/12
Posts: 688

3/28/13 12:48:47 PM#40
Originally posted by morbidlymystic
Originally posted by Caldrin

Game is not out yet and probally very few people here have actually played it..

 

What I find kind of funny is that you are right, and there isn't much info out there and no one has actually played it.  YET, the original poster is right as well, and there is a lot of criticism floating around this forum as well.

 

@OP

RAIDS

 

i m not interested in raids, in a game that heal would be aoe most of times tbh.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search