Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | Neverwinter

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,351 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,675
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » I thought this was going to be a great game but......

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search
103 posts found
  shalissar

Apprentice Member

3/29/13 4:01:12 PM#101
Originally posted by elohssa
Originally posted by shalissar
Originally posted by Sephiroso

i can tell you've never done any real raids. you probably did lfr and think 'huh, raiding is easy'. it's okay, its okay.

I have no idea what LFR is, the fact that you do kind of just reaffirms my bias. I just take offense to the idea that I want my gear easy because I don't want to spend an entire night stabbing ankles.

Because running around pillars is so damn skillful...

LOL what is "running around pillars"?

I play Darkfall (oh god not anymore), Mortal Online and to some extent, AoC. I can't recall any "running around pillars", though I occasionally do use terrain to get away from spontaneous bursts of butt blasting fury. :)

Sovrath

Elite Member

3/29/13 4:16:26 PM#102
Originally posted by elohssa

Why don't you people understand you are the small minority?

Every game dev since WoW has catered to you casuals, and every single one of the games has flopped. 

You really aren't basing your argument in anything concrete.

There is so much wrong in yoru statments that it's hard to know where to begin.

First of all, your initial statment in another post is that mmo's since wow have put raiding on the back burner and they have flopped". Which is specious reasoning.

They could have flopped for any number of reasons none of them particularly point to lack of raiding. Sure, raiding is a type of end game progression activity but you assume that the hordes of players out there who left these games left them because of no raiding. Maybe they left because of lack of pvp? I know in SWToR I got to one level under cap and left because I had nothing of interest to do but never enteratained raiding as an option. I would have preferred a more "real and robust" pvp enviroment. Or alternate advancement.

Some of these games were buggy, weren't really thought out well, etc. You would have to actually prove that they flopped because players uniformly said "what? No raiding? We're out of here!"

Secondly, as far as a minority, remember that just skyrim alone sold 10 million units. of course not all those players are going to be interested in an mmo but that's not really a minority of players. It's a sizable chunk of elder scrolls fans from which one might make the leap that if 10 million people bought skyrim alone (not to mentioned Obvlion, Daggerfall, Morrowind) then we might be able to convert those players to an online game.

Secondly "you casuals' really means that you have no grasp on what that word means. I would, to your credit, say that "yes' there are casual players who want to put in minimal effort for maximum award and I would agree that isn't a good way to go. However, casual also means "just having X amount of time and therefore they can only spend so much time playing". It doesn't automatically point to them wanting it easy. It points to them not having loads of time because of other things in their lives.

I would venture to guess that a good many hardcore mmo players are now casual simply because their lives have evolved to include many other things such as a more robust  carreer, a family, additional hobbies that "a more robust career" might allow them to enjoy. But I bet many of them are still engaged by challenging content.

redcapp

Novice Member

3/29/13 4:22:26 PM#103
I'm more concerned with seeing how the end game pvp develops, and just how instanced this game is gonna be.  Raiding?  I could just play WoW.
6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search