Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Marvel Heroes | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,091 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,274,935
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
151 posts found
  hMJem

Apprentice Member

OP  3/22/13 12:26:58 PM#21
Originally posted by Waldoe

So what does Paul Sage mean  in the video below when he says  heroic raids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sv160bre2og#t=403s

Ive watched every Paul Sage video the past couple weeks, and I am fairly confident he meant Heroic Dungeons. Many people have said "dungeons" and not raids. Probably a simple mistake over the course of 10 interviews in a day. I can link 3 other videos where heroic "dungeon" is the term everyone used. And its just a level 50 version of the dungeons with drops that are worse than what you can craft.

Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

3/22/13 12:27:20 PM#22

That would be the biggest breathe of fresh air in MMO gaming in a very long time.

We don't need these gimmicks or stereotyping that RAIDS means better or more skilled because it really means nothing more than ,more players.

Absolutely ANYTHING you want to accomplish in your game can be done with a normal size group,large size raids are never necessary.It seems the whole young kids crowd that joined Wow got this stigma attached in their brain that thinks it means you are "COOL" when you can say ,"I am in the most L33T raid guild in the game.

After all the drama we have seen in games,we can most definitely do without EGOS or anything that causes drama in games.

What follows is typical,"you are a noob,my guild does top raids all the time." or "you don't know anything,until you have done as many Raids as me"  ect ect ect.Really childish stuff that we don't need in gaming.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

hMJem

Apprentice Member

OP  3/22/13 12:30:46 PM#23
Originally posted by Wizardry

That would be the biggest breathe of fresh air in MMO gaming in a very long time.

We don't need these gimmicks or stereotyping that RIDS means better or more skilled becuase it really means nothing more than ,more players.

Absolutely ANYTHING you want to accomplish in your game can be done with a normal size group,large size raids are never necessary.IOt seems the whole young kids crowd that joined Wow got this stigma attached in their brain that thinks it means you are "COOL" when yo ucan say ,"I am in the most L33T raid guild in the game.

After all the drama we have seen in games,we can msot definitely do without EGOS or anything that causes drama in games.

What follows is typical,"you are a noob,my guild does top raids all the time." or "you don't know anything,until you have done as many Raids as me"  ect ect ect.Really childish stuff that we don't need in gaming.

There are egos in any multiplayer game. Any developer who tries to care-bear their franchise is making a big mistake

You're playing an MMORPG. You're playing a game with PvP. Sorry, there will be builds that will be better than others. There will be people who have better gear than you, and may or may not choose to shove it in your face or deny playing with you if you dont have equivalent gear. 

I play League of Legends and if you can't just ignore what people say that's pretty weak. Because League is by far the most toxic community I've ever been around, and if what they say actually ruins your experience or makes you mad, you're mentally weak or have anger issues.

hMJem

Apprentice Member

OP  3/22/13 12:32:39 PM#24
Originally posted by FromHell
[mod edit]

And every game that has refused to have a real end-game has tanked compared to expectations. There is a reason Everquest and WoW are the kings of MMOs. And I guarantee you when Everquest Next comes out, despite Elder Scrolls having the more relevant fanbase, Everquest Next will have much more subscribers than ESO. Both are coming out this year.

Sorry, Cyrodill and crafting isnt an end-game that will make people play for 3+ months, and anyone who wants to complete all 3 factions will have done so within a couple months.

Gormok

Apprentice Member

3/22/13 12:34:24 PM#25

It's funny how all of the raiders come out of the woodwork when a new mmo is announced. You guys have a buttload of mmos centered around raiding, why can't you guys let the none raiders have a game of their own. You guys ruined TOR with this raid nonsense, a game that was suppose to have catered to KOTOR fans and non-raiders. Yet you guys cried to the heavens until you got your way, and than TOR turned into yet another gear treadmill. Everything else that was planned got thrown out of the window.

You guys argue about how non-raider mmo hop, and how raiders sustain an mmo. It's funny how all of the raiders seem to jump to every new mmo that comes out or is announced, and the first question that is asked is "will there be raiding"? or what will the raids be like?" In the end the game turns into a boring instance/raid grind for gear with boring dailies. What ever happened to open ended gameplay where gear didn't matter AC anyone. Last but not least, the trinity people complain about that, now mmos devs are trying to kill it by adding action based combat. So now raiding is on the chopping block.

TalulaRose

Apprentice Member

3/22/13 12:36:22 PM#26
World bosses/events will be like GW2. Stand in one spot and autoattack. Collect loot. Chance of the real good loot .00001%
  immodium

Hard Core Member

3/22/13 12:37:30 PM#27
Originally posted by hMJem
[mod edit]

And every game that has refused to have a real end-game has tanked compared to expectations. There is a reason Everquest and WoW are the kings of MMOs. And I guarantee you when Everquest Next comes out, despite Elder Scrolls having the more relevant fanbase, Everquest Next will have much more subscribers than ESO. Both are coming out this year.

Sorry, Cyrodill and crafting isnt an end-game that will make people play for 3+ months, and anyone who wants to complete all 3 factions will have done so within a couple months.

I'm sorry, but I'm failing to see how regurgitating the same raid content will keep people playing longer than crafting and PvP.

Most multiplayer games thrive of PvP, why can't MMO's? is it because the majority of MMO players are 'care bears' and can only handle PvE content?

Waldoe

Novice Member

3/22/13 12:38:11 PM#28
Originally posted by Waldoe

So what does Paul Sage mean  in the video below when he says  heroic raids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sv160bre2og#t=403s

Ive watched every Paul Sage video the past couple weeks, and I am fairly confident he meant Heroic Dungeons. Many people have said "dungeons" and not raids. Probably a simple mistake over the course of 10 interviews in a day. I can link 3 other videos where heroic "dungeon" is the term everyone used. And its just a level 50 version of the dungeons with drops that are worse than what you can craft.

They would have editied out of the video if it was a mistake on his part. 

TalulaRose

Apprentice Member

3/22/13 12:38:18 PM#29
[mod edit]

THen those 95% will\ be content to do what they want and the other 5% will be happy to do their raids. Everyone wins. So many casuals that like to deny others their fun. Kind of funny that the casual playerbase is riddled with envy.

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

3/22/13 12:43:33 PM#30
[mod edit]

I remember when DAOC added raiding for the TOA expansion. 

Everyone quit.

All depends on the design, and how many raiders such content would really satisfy. I think they'll add it later on, much like WOW did.  (MC wasn't there at launch)

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

sibs4455

Novice Member

3/22/13 12:49:19 PM#31
Originally posted by Fion

Why no raids? Because raids are freaking boring. They exist simply to addict the gamer to the game with a regular dopamine hit and extend a games life by adding boring content you have to do a hundred times over to get your 'l33t g34r!' Kill me now!

There are several successful MMOGs around now that don't have raids. It's my hope they die a horrible death.

Lmao, raids boring? you need to play Age of Conan.

Vembumees

Novice Member

3/22/13 12:52:53 PM#32
I love elder scrolls series. I loved Morrowind, I loved its expansions. Wow oblivion was just a blast. Expansion really fun as well. Skyrim was amazing. I've even played daggerfall, man. All one of my favourite games of all time. But you know how long I played my favourite games? A week or two. And that was casually playing. That's how long you will see half the playerbase you see at the release of ESO if they have no real raid content.
  Yukmarc

Apprentice Member

3/22/13 12:53:39 PM#33

I have always thought that raids prevented people from playing the characters that they truly want to play. Instead, they create a character that other players want in the raids with them. So you end up with having your character spec'd exactly like the other guy instead of how YOU want it. I think it's a fantastic idea.

However....

Because of the RvR in this game, everyone will still be falling into that same trap.

User Deleted
3/22/13 12:58:08 PM#34
[mod edit]

So ,do you really want to see a game where everybody does the same thing and everybody looks the same and everybody has the same name ? thats really frigging weird.
  TalulaRose

Apprentice Member

3/22/13 12:58:34 PM#35
Originally posted by Yukmarc

I have always thought that raids prevented people from playing the characters that they truly want to play. Instead, they create a character that other players want in the raids with them. So you end up with having your character spec'd exactly like the other guy instead of how YOU want it. I think it's a fantastic idea.

However....

Because of the RvR in this game, everyone will still be falling into that same trap.

Most games I now allow the player to have multiple builds. And even if it doesn't, when it somes to working with a group of people isn't it better to build a character the synergizes with the group. I know I know, why shouldn't you be able to do your own thing? That leads to the question, if you want to do your own thing for you why are you trying to do group based content.

JasonJ

Apprentice Member

3/22/13 12:59:47 PM#36

Much like how hardcore TES fans wanted 1st person even though traditional MMO fans didnt care, it was added in because it doesnt hurt anyone.

No.

1st person is not equal to raids. Your argument is invalid. Raids hurt everyone because raiders all want to raid for gear causing a massive imbalance in the playerbase and a downward spiral of the game in all aspects from PvE to PvP and even greatly effects future content which must be curned out just for raiders causing an even greater imbalance because that content must be made vastly harder placing it out of reach of everyone else.

1st person however harms nobody because the choice of using or not using effects none.

Shadanwolf

Apprentice Member

3/22/13 1:01:51 PM#37

Frankly...I never raid

I thought raiding was specifically mentioned as being in the game in one of the companys video's.

JasonJ

Apprentice Member

3/22/13 1:03:52 PM#38
Originally posted by ForumPvP
[mod edit]

So ,do you really want to see a game where everybody does the same thing and everybody looks the same and everybody has the same name ? thats really frigging weird.

You guys wanted segregated factions which does just that, places everyone of the same races into small closed off factions limited to just a few playing areas funneling everyone into the same damn place for PvP at end game as well...but now you guys are going to try to act as if Raiding is THE thing thats going to make the difference? I dont think so.

If you wanted a variety you would have demanded no closed faction lands or races and the ability to PvP all over the world as well. No, I do not mean FFA PvP, just being able to do it anywhere...why limited taking over lands in one central area when they could have castles and other objectives ALL over the world. We are talking about taking over an empire and fighting other factions arent we? Then why not fight everywhere?!?!

Yeah, sorry...cant get angry over a lack of raids which provides little content compared to the other limitations this game is bringing.

Vembumees

Novice Member

3/22/13 1:04:24 PM#39
Originally posted by Yukmarc

However....

Hey mister. Let me tell you what raids are for. Raids are for players who have more time than 5 hours a day to spend on the game, up to 15 hours. Raids are activities for players who play the game for a long time. I'm sorry, maybe we are just different people, but after I hit max level in a week after the game release (doesn't matter if its 1 day or 1 month), what will I do with that spec of yours if I don't have anything to use it on? Elaborate to me somehow and explain to me, if you play an mmorpg 5 hours a day, sometimes in the weekends even 10 hours. A YEAR straight. Lets say about 3000-4000 hours. Just a random estimate. What would you do all that time? Kill goblins? Do an easy dungeon over and over and over again? Do same battlegrounds 1000 hours straight? Have you played a themepark mmorpg for more than, lets say, half a year? I've played some for 5000-10000+ hours and I wouldn't ever even played a quarter of it without any raid content.

CrazKanuk

Elite Member

3/22/13 1:05:44 PM#40

I guess I just dont get where raiding hurts this MMORPG. Just because it has Elder Scrolls in the title? Much like 1st person was appeased for TES fans, I dont see the harm here.

I'm actually fine with no raids. I played quite a few MMOs and I've always found that the biggest douche bags and whiners are to be found in end game raiding. Not once did I see someone blow up or get hysterical when someone rolled on a piece of loot they could use in a dungeon. In a raid, though, it's like a daily occurrance. Look at WoW, that's why they had to redo the whole looting system. 

IMO, end game raiders are 80% douchebags or whiners to 20% actual cool, easy going people. So I'm not sad to see raiding cut. 

Plus, I've never found that any game "Opens up" at max level. Maybe they'll have some way of encouraging players to do something other than sitting in town or sitting in queues for raids. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
----------------

8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search