Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,133 Users Online:0
Games:738  Posts:6,238,359
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Elder Scrolls or....Drumroll....

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
45 posts found
  Brohime

Novice Member

OP  3/04/13 2:47:45 PM#21
Originally posted by Nanfoodle
Originally posted by Brohime

Elder Scrolls or......................drumroll........Camelot Unchained!

As a Dark Age of Camelot fan ( which many say have the best PVP EVER),  I would love to see RvR  actually done correctly!

So in the name of RvR, which game will produce a PvP system to match the greatness of DAoC?

What do you guys think? Keep in mind that we have two of the CoFounders of  DAoC working on these projects.

Matt Firor (Elder Scrolls Online)                or                  Mark Jacobs (Camelot Unchained)

Also I know many of you may not have heard of Camelot Unchained so here is a link to their "Foundational Principles" http://citystateentertainment.com/camelotunchained/

The information is below the Video.

Camelot Unchained is not really a full MMO. No PvE areas, no dungeons. 1/2 of what made DAoC so magic will not be in Camelot Unchained. ESO will be bringing back open world dungeons, one of the gems from DAoC. Camelot Unchained will be tiny in scope and vision. 

Open World Dungeons are not out of question by the way. Very possible that there is a world area where people could fight over rare crafting materials.

Nanfoodle

Elite Member

3/04/13 2:57:05 PM#22

As a Dark Age of Camelot fan ( which many say have the best PVP EVER),  I would love to see RvR  actually done correctly!

So in the name of RvR, which game will produce a PvP system to match the greatness of DAoC?

What do you guys think? Keep in mind that we have two of the CoFounders of  DAoC working on these projects.

Matt Firor (Elder Scrolls Online)                or                  Mark Jacobs (Camelot Unchained)

Also I know many of you may not have heard of Camelot Unchained so here is a link to their "Foundational Principles" http://citystateentertainment.com/camelotunchained/

Camelot Unchained is not really a full MMO. No PvE areas, no dungeons. 1/2 of what made DAoC so magic will not be in Camelot Unchained. ESO will be bringing back open world dungeons, one of the gems from DAoC. Camelot Unchained will be tiny in scope and vision. 

Open World Dungeons are not out of question by the way. Very possible that there is a world area where people could fight over rare crafting materials.

All interviews would point to not gona happen. 

DavisFlight

Hard Core Member

3/04/13 3:01:12 PM#23
Originally posted by BitterClinger

I think people who are interested in DAOC style RVR should be playing DAOC...

Would if I could. But the DAoC everyone loved no longer exists.

Nanfoodle

Elite Member

3/04/13 3:06:13 PM#24
Originally posted by DavisFlight

I am sure the game would sport a large population if they had kept updating the game over chucking all eggs in the Warhammer basket. Sad to say, DAoC has not gotten much dev love in a long long time and is really out of date. 

winter

Advanced Member

3/04/13 3:08:39 PM#25

Dungeons tend to imply  monsters and PVE MJ has at least for now ruled out PVE, so while there will probably be mines or resource nodes to fight over for control there will not be open world dungeons like Darkness falls in DAoC. (enless of course the vision changes and it IS early enough that that could happen but such a change would require alot more work and funding, so rather unlikely to happen.)

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

3/04/13 3:11:16 PM#26

I'm sure CU will be a fine game and I may even play it but I am more interested in ESO for several reasons:

1. PvE progression
  2. Exploration centric gameplay
  3. Freedom of character gear management via using any weapon and any armor in game.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

winter

Advanced Member

3/04/13 3:11:32 PM#27

This^^ and i hardly ever agree with Davis.

IMO DAoC died with TOA which was one of MJ's brainstorms. Just my opinion of course and i'm sure everyone has their own on when DAoC died or if its still going strongly

Vynt

Apprentice Member

3/04/13 3:13:14 PM#28

I am sure they game would sport a large population if they had kept updating the game over chucking all eggs in the Warhammer basket. Sad to say, DAoC has not gotten much dev love in a long long time and is really out of date. 

I'd go back in a heartbeat, even with all the changes to gameplay, if they upgraded the engine to that of warhammer. Think they're the same, but warhammer's is just modified. Movement between the 2 games is night and day. Way to sluggish and clunky in daoc. I could deal with that before, but that and the changes in the game, nope, can't accept both, lol.

Nanfoodle

Elite Member

3/04/13 3:17:04 PM#29
Originally posted by Vynt

I am sure they game would sport a large population if they had kept updating the game over chucking all eggs in the Warhammer basket. Sad to say, DAoC has not gotten much dev love in a long long time and is really out of date. 

I'd go back in a heartbeat, even with all the changes to gameplay, if they upgraded the engine to that of warhammer. Think they're the same, but warhammer's is just modified. Movement between the 2 games is night and day. Way to sluggish and clunky in daoc. I could deal with that before, but that and the changes in the game, nope, can't accept both, lol.

With ya on that, if DAoC got a new updated engine and graphics and a few of the modern current MMO features I would be right with ya. 

EDIT: Oops I forgot EA owns them now... so maybe not.

Nihilist

Hard Core Member

3/04/13 8:04:47 PM#30

The under dog will be CU seeing as how it will have like 1% of the budget ESO will have.

But seeing as how 70% of ESO's playerbase will quit after 30 days due to lack of content its not like it will matter.

rojoArcueid

Elite Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

3/04/13 8:13:23 PM#31

TESO for me because it has PvE and its TES online. Lets see how true to TES its at launch.

Im still willing to give CU a try if the PvP is meaningful and while theres no PvE in there, if i dont have to fight other players as soon as i log in then im ok.

My endgame begins with character creation and ends with a new mmorpg

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

3/04/13 8:16:31 PM#32
Originally posted by Nihilist

The under dog will be CU seeing as how it will have like 1% of the budget ESO will have.

But seeing as how 70% of ESO's playerbase will quit after 30 days due to lack of content its not like it will matter.

Mind sharing with me tomorrow's lottery numbers as well since you know the future so well.

No one can predict if either game will be a failure or not so any attempts to predict it is foolish.  I don't think either game will be the be all, end all MMO for everyone (nothing can) but it isn't hard to think both will have their propnents and detractors so its not even worthy of foolishly thinking otherwise.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Ice-Queen

Hard Core Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

3/04/13 8:21:57 PM#33
I hope they both do well. We need more non WoW clone mmo's out there competing for our dollars, and making other games have to push the boundaries to keep us interested.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

FromHell

Novice Member

3/04/13 8:22:19 PM#34

what a joke. One game exists on paper, the other one is close to beta.

apples and oranges

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

azzamasin

Elite Member

3/04/13 9:53:37 PM#35
Originally posted by Tayah
I hope they both do well. We need more non WoW clone mmo's out there competing for our dollars, and making other games have to push the boundaries to keep us interested.

exactly

Arglebargle

Elite Member

3/04/13 11:25:17 PM#36
Will probably play ESO, if only to see how they developed Tamriel (Even though I think they mucked up some game design elements).  No interest in CU.   It'll probably be going up against WoD too, which is the only PvP heavy MMO that really interests me, due to the setting and the developers.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Faelsun

Novice Member

3/05/13 3:46:59 AM#37

I have played every Elder Scrolls game and as a fan of the series am totally unimpressed or awaiting this " title" in any way. This is an attempt  to get DOAC and WAR refugees and a few WOW players on the fence for a few months so they can cash in like GW2 and TOR did, this game  will most likely be a lot like those two games and equally as dissapointing. To say its not just another treadmill WOW clone is laughable at best, Then again there are people who think TOR is an original concept.

PASS.

DavisFlight

Hard Core Member

3/05/13 10:36:34 AM#38

I am sure the game would sport a large population if they had kept updating the game over chucking all eggs in the Warhammer basket. Sad to say, DAoC has not gotten much dev love in a long long time and is really out of date. 

It is the updates that made everyone stopplaying it. The semi classic servers were always the most popular ones once they got released. 

DavisFlight

Hard Core Member

3/05/13 10:38:11 AM#39
Originally posted by Tayah

But TESO is very much a WoW clone, sooo 

Draemos

Apprentice Member

3/05/13 10:50:07 AM#40
Why is CU even being discussed?  I've never seen such ridiculous hype for a game that hasn't even began production, it's utter foolishness. 
3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search