Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,738,252 Users Online:0
Games:715  Posts:6,176,987
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

24 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
475 posts found
  BadSpock

Hard Core Member

Logic be damned!

2/27/13 1:44:56 PM#41

Agreed!

This doesn't seem even remotely an Elder Scrolls based game - it's just using the name to create interest and is focusing all the attention on RvR.

Skyrim had 200+ dungeons.

TESO will probably have like 10.

Skyrim had a main plot line + a half dozen or more fully fleshed out storylines.

TESO will probably have the 3 - one for each faction, and a bunch of pointless side quests.

Skyrim and all other major TES RPGs have been 1st person FPS RPG combat.

TESO is going to be 99% 3rd person over the shoulder hotbar combat.

Skyrim had open skill based progression and no racial restrictions.

TESO is pseudo-class based and race/faction locked.

The biggest one-

Elder Scrolls has always been single player RPG and players have long, long hoped for co-op functionality.

TESO is apparently primarily based on PvP - not even primarily based on co-op multiplayer.

Identity crisis is right!

Now Playing: D3:RoS, Watch Dogs
Looking Towards: Destiny

Iselin

The Listener

2/27/13 1:45:19 PM#42
Originally posted by PyrateLV
Originally posted by Iselin
Originally posted by sapphen

But you see, no one is screwing up an iconic franchise.

It is only a few, loud, deluded individuals who believe only they know the correct way to pay homage to TES in an MMO... and they can't even agree amongst themselves on the true way to do it.

So you know the opinions of the silent majority?

Lol...there's nothing silent about you guys with your self-righteous indignation. I'm in the minority apparently...at least as far as I can tell from the contents of this forum.

So you think you're any different than us?  You say that if we don't like the game, don't play it - if you don't like what we have to say then don't read it... it's as simple as that.

No it's not that simple. I feel a compulsion to counteract bullshit and self-righteousness wherever I see it. I know, it's a personal failing. I'm like Don Quijote that way I guess.

How is it that anyone who thinks ESO will be a shallow, linear, Themepark POS spouting "self-rightious BS", but those that think its ok to turn ES into DAOC2 are not spouting the same, but opposing self-rightious BS?

Keep tilting at those windmills.

BTW, the name was Don Quixote

Actually no, the name is Don Quijote in the original Spanish. the "X" is in the anglisized spelling...  I'm hispanic so I write it the real way.

immodium

Elite Member

2/27/13 1:50:20 PM#43
Originally posted by BadSpock

Agreed!

This doesn't seem even remotely an Elder Scrolls based game - it's just using the name to create interest and is focusing all the attention on RvR.

Skyrim had a main plot line + a half dozen or more fully fleshed out storylines.

TESO will probably have the 3 - one for each faction, and a bunch of pointless side quests.

TESO is going to be 99% 3rd person over the shoulder tab target combat.

The biggest one-

Elder Scrolls has always been single player RPG and players have long, long hoped for co-op functionality.

TESO is apparently primarily based on PvP - not even primarily based on co-op multiplayer.

99% of those dungeons are terrible though. They're as linear as a CoD level.

rygard49

Novice Member

2/27/13 1:50:32 PM#44

Agreed!

The biggest one-

BadSpock, you of all people know the pitfall of making arguments based on assumptions. You argued against many a user in the GW2 and SWTOR forums who did the exact thing you did above.

Come on, it's obvious that the game will be different from it's single player counterpart. That's a given. But we don't need to invent assumptive nonesense to try to make points.

sapphen

Apprentice Member

2/27/13 1:54:15 PM#45
Originally posted by fs23otm

Faith in developers...  that explains many of the over zealous responses, do you also go to Zenimax church?  I hope the zenidevgods bless you today.

If they don't want us to comment on their game then they shouldn't try to hype it.  WE have every right to post our thoughts on the game and how we feel about it's direction.   Take your own advice, if you don't like what we say then don't respond.

I will contradict every post you make if I so desire...

Many a man has posted feeling well, only to wake up the next morning and find himself dead.

You have every right to do so... and are you trying to wish death my way? 

sapphen

Apprentice Member

2/27/13 1:59:18 PM#46
Originally posted by rygard49

If you really believe it's a knock-off then you won't buy it. At this point, since you can do nothing to change what's already in motion, literally the loudest protest the developers will hear is the silence of their cash registers. So that once again begs the question what one hopes to accomplish starting a new thread every single day regarding the same or similar topics that have been voiced already.

I won't buy it, nor did I sign up for beta.  I guess people hope to draw attention to zenimax's mistakes.  I'm not starting threads everyday so I don't know.   People here have every right to voice what they want, that included me and you.

sapphen

Apprentice Member

2/27/13 2:02:36 PM#47
Originally posted by zephermarkus

Faith in developers...  that explains many of the over zealous responses, do you also go to Zenimax church?  I hope the zenidevgods bless you today.

If they don't want us to comment on their game then they shouldn't try to hype it.  WE have every right to post our thoughts on the game and how we feel about it's direction.   Take your own advice, if you don't like what we say then don't respond.

Many a man has posted feeling well, only to wake up the next morning and find himself dead.

I hope he is wishing it your way cause you won't stfu about race locking which was done only to be able to make pvp and each side different so there is a reason to actually make an alt. You try to sound smart but you sound a like an ass..please stop already. If you want co-op single play skyrim make a mod it's easy to do and you get the game you want.

Race locking was done ONLY to copy DAoC.  What makes you think that everyone cares about making alts?

User Deleted
2/27/13 2:02:37 PM#48
Originally posted by PyrateLV

Its kind of sad really. We have 2 games in development,

One is an Elder Scrolls game that fans are happy with it being made as a DAOC2

The other is the actual DAOC2, but you see fans clamoring for it to be made like Skyrim.

ZOMG That is funny!  Great observation.

sapphen

Apprentice Member

2/27/13 2:05:25 PM#49

Agreed!

The biggest one-

LOL, I agree.  I'm not sure what they are going to do but I would say that these are good predictions.

rygard49

Novice Member

2/27/13 2:06:37 PM#50

If you really believe it's a knock-off then you won't buy it. At this point, since you can do nothing to change what's already in motion, literally the loudest protest the developers will hear is the silence of their cash registers. So that once again begs the question what one hopes to accomplish starting a new thread every single day regarding the same or similar topics that have been voiced already.

I won't buy it, nor did I sign up for beta.  I guess people hope to draw attention to zenimax's mistakes.  I'm not starting threads everyday so I don't know.   People here have every right to voice what they want, that included me and you.

I know it's not you starting the threads, didn't mean to imply that. Just reiterating the question.

People don't, in fact, have every right to voice what they want, though. They have permission within the bounds of this site's rules, enforced by moderators, to discusss certain topics. Duplicated topics are typically deleted or moved or combined. This topic has been discussed to death.

zephermarkus

Novice Member

2/27/13 2:08:09 PM#51
Originally posted by zephermarkus

I hope he is wishing it your way cause you won't stfu about race locking which was done only to be able to make pvp and each side different so there is a reason to actually make an alt. You try to sound smart but you sound a like an ass..please stop already. If you want co-op single play skyrim make a mod it's easy to do and you get the game you want.

Race locking was done ONLY to copy DAoC.  What makes you think that everyone cares about making alts?

Like I said.........

Gdemami

Elite Member

2/27/13 2:11:02 PM#52

Upcoming game YYY is not living up to my expectations therefore it suffers identity crysis zoommmg!!!!

Thread no. 298134...

BadSpock

Hard Core Member

Logic be damned!

2/27/13 2:23:58 PM#53

Agreed!

The biggest one-

BadSpock, you of all people know the pitfall of making arguments based on assumptions. You argued against many a user in the GW2 and SWTOR forums who did the exact thing you did above.

Come on, it's obvious that the game will be different from it's single player counterpart. That's a given. But we don't need to invent assumptive nonesense to try to make points.

Very true, though I think it is ironic that I and others have to ASSUME about the PVE in TESO so much because all they are freaking advertising is the RvR...

Now Playing: D3:RoS, Watch Dogs
Looking Towards: Destiny

Reklaw

Elite Member

The adult I am takes care of most things real life. However my inner-child is a GAMER!!

2/27/13 2:26:05 PM#54

The biggest one-

I am one of them that still longs for a singleplayer co-op TES game, because that actually can come close to the FEEL of the singleplayer series without the hassle of thousands of players wanting to do the same things. So hopefully next Elders Scrolls singleplayer series might have co-op options.

TESO not a singleplayer co-op game but seems to be set in the MMORPG genre....right?

I do however hope that exploring will also be or become a major part of the game cause in that aspect MMO's should go far beyond the sizes of worlds found in singleplayer game if only due to the amount of players around.

But please anyone explain how a MMORPG could be made where your action actually effects the full ingameworld pve-wise, making unique or rare quests?, just doesn't work well for a MMO long term, cause rare or unique is found almost right away thanks to our internet. And while you or I might not be those who look up things, there are plenty around who will.

I'm not even into PVP, atleast not with MMO's, but a TES game that brings me something differents then what I already love got my attention.

walltar

Novice Member

2/27/13 2:40:04 PM#55

Agreed!

Oh yes MMO dungeon and SP game dungeon are same thing. If they want to make 200+ dungeons of three types (and pretty short) i would be disapoited. Id rather take 10good and diverse ones.

There will be character storyline, faction storyline and many sidequests. (well maybe there will be fighters guild and mages guild storyline)

I played skyrim 99% in 3rd person mode ... plus 3rd person in MMOs is norm. No MMO player wants lame box over their head.

This is only think i can relate to ... as UO and EvE player ... i don't like Xp systems.

The biggest one-

PvP id ultimate form of Co-Op ... you have to cooperate to kill other players. Plus you can't make MMO based only on PvE it would fail hard.

NOPE!

I see one flaw in your logic ...

Skyrim was SP game

TESO is MMORPG

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

2/27/13 2:52:46 PM#56

Originally posted by Gdemami

Upcoming game YYY is not living up to my expectations therefore it suffers identity crysis zoommmg!!!!

Thread no. 298134...

Maybe actually read and comprehend the arguements before saying something irrelevant?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

fs23otm

Advanced Member

2/27/13 2:53:45 PM#57

Exactly everyone who wanted a Co-OP TES game assumed TESO would be that. The didn't read the part where TESO is a MMORPG.

Co-Op games and MMO's are not the same...

I want a TESO MMO, not a co-op TES game. Like I said, I support Zenimax. They have the right ideas so far.

Gdemami

Elite Member

2/27/13 2:57:32 PM#58

Originally posted by Nitth

Maybe actually read and comprehend the arguements before saying something irrelevant?

Considering how deeply flawed OP is(TESO is in no way to be meant as TES successor), mz post seems to be very relevant...

Yamota

Elite Member

"Only cunts name their swords"

2/27/13 3:04:42 PM#59
This game is not Elder Scrolls Online, it is some weird WoW/DAoC mix with Elder Scrolls skin.

fs23otm

Advanced Member

2/27/13 3:10:04 PM#60
Originally posted by Yamota
This game is not Elder Scrolls Online, it is some weird WoW/DAoC mix with Elder Scrolls skin.

It is Elder Scrolls Online. It is not a co-op TES.

Diablo was not called Diablo Online... it was just Diablo, a co-op game. 

Edit: However if Blizzard ever turned Diablo into a MMO, they could then call it Diablo Online... instead of Diablo IV

24 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search