Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,797,316 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,195,650
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

24 Pages First « 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » Last Search
475 posts found
  Nanfoodle

Hard Core Member

3/05/13 9:03:24 AM#221
Originally posted by Iselin
Originally posted by Maelwydd
Originally posted by Nanfoodle

(((eye roll))) BTW you do look better in green lol. As for hating, everyone here on the ESO forums knows you are here to do nothing but hate on the game, so your view point is very thin by most reading here. As for knowing nothing. I was talking about PvP map being heavly instanced. We know very little in that area. My guess is the PvP map will be one persistent area as they have stated the map tech they have can support about 2000 players. You or anyone else calling that heavely instanced is being a nutter. 1 Map, 1 war, no shards of that war, so not heavely instanced. If you dont get thats not heavely instanced then you need to understand MMO core mechanics better and no one can help you but you. I suggest you spend less time hating on ESO and go look for a game you would enjoy =-) If ESO does end up sharding the PvP map into instances, then thats the point I will walk away and have nothing to do with this game but you want see me here hating on it. I have better things to do with my time lol

Not hating. They have several bad design concepts that are uneccessary. Everything else I have no problem with really. They faction locked races and they faction locked exploration. Get rid of those 2 design points and I would happily put of with the rest of things. But those 2 things are huge. They will put me off playing and spending money on the game.

just because I don't agree with you and think the game has problems doesn't mean I hate it. If I hated the game I wouldn't comment at all.

What is a campaign then? Answer that and then perhaps we can move the conversation forward...

The best way to think of the RvR campaign you will be part of is as your server. Forget the megaserver technicalities: that is more a PVE thing. For RvR your campaign is your server.

Bingo!!!

Iselin

The Listener

3/05/13 9:04:36 AM#222
Originally posted by colddog04
Originally posted by Horusra
Originally posted by Zaltark

You seriously dont know what Im talking about? Have you played Morrowwind/Oblivion/Skyrim? Its not the fact there are elves, its the way they have these 'alliances' and what they look like visually.

thank god they are not as ugly as in the previous games.

LOL Talk about blindly accepting anything to justify your opposition no matter what it might be. .

I want them ugly like the old games!

I like them pretty like the new game!

I suppose that the people that prefer the historically accurate version have an edge since they have some basis for opinion, but then the people that want them pretty also seem to have a point after all.

Well... the thing is that I have never thought that the art was one of the strengths of the franchise. And it seems like I'm not the only one. Just look at the most popular mods in the mod sites, they're all about visual enhancements...the terrain, lighting, npc and player skins.

It's not just the elves, everyone is equally ugly. And to me, it doesn't look like they are deliberately ugly, just bad art.

BeansnBread

Advanced Member

3/05/13 9:14:00 AM#223

You seriously dont know what Im talking about? Have you played Morrowwind/Oblivion/Skyrim? Its not the fact there are elves, its the way they have these 'alliances' and what they look like visually.

LOL Talk about blindly accepting anything to justify your opposition no matter what it might be. .

I suppose that the people that prefer the historically accurate version have an edge since they have some basis for opinion, but then the people that want them pretty also seem to have a point after all.

Well... the thing is that I have never thought that the art was one of the strengths of the franchise. And it seems like I'm not the only one. Just look at the most popular mods in the mod sites, they're all about visual enhancements...the terrain, lighting, npc and player skins.

It's not just the elves, everyone is equally ugly. And to me, it doesn't look like they are deliberately ugly, just bad art.

Obviously not everyone shares your opinion that it was "bad art."

SWTOR is the greatest mmo ever!

Nanfoodle

Hard Core Member

3/05/13 9:17:27 AM#224

Fact is, they cant use the same art from the console games. It would not sale well and there is no way they could have 200 players in a battle together. They had to change the art to something that will scale well with a MMO for battles and to age well. If people dont get that, they dont get MMOs.

Horusra

Hard Core Member

3/05/13 9:20:53 AM#225

Fact is, they cant use the same art from the console games. It would not sale well and there is no way they could have 200 players in a battle together. They had to change the art to something that will scale well with a MMO for battles and to age well. If people dont get that, they dont get MMOs.

I DEMAND CGI QUALITY GRAFFICS...

BeansnBread

Advanced Member

3/05/13 9:22:16 AM#226

In that case, aesthetic perfection as defined by Cosmopolitan magazine is the only option.

Nanfoodle

Hard Core Member

3/05/13 9:23:48 AM#227

I DEMAND CGI QUALITY GRAFFICS...

WOOT large scale PvP battles in ESO will be 10 players lol

Horusra

Hard Core Member

3/05/13 9:24:20 AM#228

In that case, aesthetic perfection as defined by Cosmopolitan magazine is the only option.

I prefer plump in the rump...

Maelwydd

Elite Member

3/05/13 9:29:09 AM#229

I have yet to see you say one positive thing about the game. If I remember right, you have said many times you wont play it in its current state. The things you are upset about are core mechanics of the game, so unlikely to change. So I ask, why are you here? To just bash what you think its bad design for.... what? 

Their trailer looked good...

But honestly I have no problem with the toolbar. It really is the best option, you can't have a pause in an MMO that really is a no brainer. Toolbar is essentially the same functionality as from the games. Good choice.

3 way PvP is a good choice. I have no problem with them having 3 faction PvP at all and it will make an exciting battle in the middle. It could have been done other ways for sure such as having houses instead of factions and joining guilds to houses thus removing the need for locked lands and locked races but the 3 way conflict is fine.

Combat apprently looks and feels very similar to Skyrim so that sounds good.

Listen i could go on talking about every single feature. Bottom line is, I like some features and dislike some features. No one is talking about the features I like so I don't talk about them. Lots of people are talking about the things I also feel are a problem, so i discuss them. I could ask why you are here if you think they are perfect and we cannot change things also but I don't. I like discussing the merits of the features.

But A CORE mechanic has to be PERFECT or at the least very robust for obvious reasons. If it isn't then the game lives or dies by it. Of course I care if I think one of the core features of the games is bad. I am a fan of the IP and I would hate to see it ruined. The reason I am here pointing out what I think are problems is bcause I LOVE TES not hate it.

In fact, I could argue that YOU hate TES because you are willing to accept so many deviations from what a TES game is. SO do YOU hate TES?

Nanfoodle

Hard Core Member

3/05/13 9:38:55 AM#230

I have yet to see you say one positive thing about the game. If I remember right, you have said many times you wont play it in its current state. The things you are upset about are core mechanics of the game, so unlikely to change. So I ask, why are you here? To just bash what you think its bad design for.... what? 

In fact, I could argue that YOU hate TES because you are willing to accept so many deviations from what a TES game is. SO do YOU hate TES?

No, loved the game and played it sinse it was a 8 bit game =-) I personally think they picked the best of the best models for ESO. Hard core TES fans will have a place to play and explore like in TES and not be attacked by players. MMO fans will have a PvP area to play in that does not get in the way of the PvE game. DAoC is the gold standard of PvP games and every MMO to come out after it was judge by that standard. Its the best build to make PvE and PvP fans live in the same game and not hate eachother and rage quit. 

Its also the best option to make story and quests that drive the war and story. Having your faction map be all about your faction makes it a better story and will drive the lore of this era. Being able to go anywhere and do anything is great freedom but it also takes away from direction and focus. We are getting the gold standard and people are upset lol

CthulhuPuffs

Novice Member

Will consume your soul, yet stay crunchy in milk

3/05/13 9:47:16 AM#231

Funny thing is, if Zenimax had initially said that the game would be a completely open world for PvE, but PvP would still be a 3 Faction system segregated to Cyrodiil (like it is), I am willing to bet that you wouldnt hear anyone saying they should split the world into 3 seperate zones otherwise it would ruin "faction pride" or kill the "sense of community"

There wouldnt be one poll or petition trying to get them to make the game the way they are doing it now.

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

Games Played: Too Many

Nanfoodle

Hard Core Member

3/05/13 9:51:46 AM#232
Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs

Funny thing is, if Zenimax had initially said that the game would be a completely open world for PvE, but PvP would still be a 3 Faction system segregated to Cyrodiil (like it is), I am willing to bet that you wouldnt hear anyone saying they should split the world into 3 seperate zones otherwise it would ruin "faction pride" or kill the "sense of community"

There wouldnt be one poll or petition for them to make the game the way they are doing it now.

I would, after seeing how 3 areas for each faction made DAoC have the best faction pride I have seen in any game. After seeing Mythic try a new MMO, Warhammer and have the same system but with war everywhere and no faction seperation and faction pride and RvR became watered down. I would ask for the current design in a heart beat. If you were not there for the hight of DAoC glory, you just wont get it. It is the gold standard and no one has out done that game for quality PvP or faction pride.

EDIT: And every 2 faction MMO to come out sinse DAoC, it has been posted on the mmorpg.com froums they should have taken a page from DAoC. So lots of MMO fans will be watching this game with baited breath.

Iselin

The Listener

3/05/13 9:58:29 AM#233

Obviously...

Here's an example of (before and after mod) a plate of potatos (pronounced potayto, btw....any other way is wrong  ): http://hothardware.com/image_popup.aspx?image=big_skyrim-taters.jpg&articleid=1834&t=a

And this is a modded dark elf face I would enjoy looking at for several hours of gametime a day:

I rest my case.

CthulhuPuffs

Novice Member

3/05/13 10:03:50 AM#234
Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs

There wouldnt be one poll or petition for them to make the game the way they are doing it now.

I would, after seeing how 3 areas for each faction made DAoC have the best faction pride I have seen in any game. After seeing Mythic try a new MMO, Warhammer and have the same system but with war everywhere and no faction seperation and faction pride and RvR became watered down. I would ask for the current design in a heart beat. If you were not there for the hight of DAoC glory, you just wont get it. It is the gold standard and no one has out done that game for quality PvP or faction pride.

EDIT: And every 2 faction MMO to come out sinse DAoC, it has been posted on the mmorpg.com froums they should have taken a page from DAoC. So lots of MMO fans will be watching this game with baited breath.

Yes they have, but that was concerning using 3 (or more) sides/factions for PvP as opposed to 2.

Never once was it said they should also split the game world into 3 locked faction specific zones.

They have said "taken a page" from DAOC, not used the whole book to make the game

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

BeansnBread

Advanced Member

3/05/13 10:06:39 AM#235

Obviously...

Here's an example of (before and after mod) a plate of potatos (pronounced potayto, btw....any other way is wrong  ): http://hothardware.com/image_popup.aspx?image=big_skyrim-taters.jpg&articleid=1834&t=a

And this is a modded dark elf face I would enjoy looking at for several hours of gametime a day:

I rest my case.

Meh. It could be a better presented case in my opinion. I might have chosen to point out actual face comparisons instead of potatoes. Especially since it's obvious to most people that they designed the potatoes on the left in order to help reduce the strain on people's computers.

CthulhuPuffs

Novice Member

3/05/13 10:12:10 AM#236

I rest my case.

Whats the Thef Class?

Is that like a cross between a Chef and a Thief?

Phry

Elite Member

3/05/13 10:13:54 AM#237

(((eye roll))) BTW you do look better in green lol. As for hating, everyone here on the ESO forums knows you are here to do nothing but hate on the game, so your view point is very thin by most reading here. As for knowing nothing. I was talking about PvP map being heavly instanced. We know very little in that area. My guess is the PvP map will be one persistent area as they have stated the map tech they have can support about 2000 players. You or anyone else calling that heavely instanced is being a nutter. 1 Map, 1 war, no shards of that war, so not heavely instanced. If you dont get thats not heavely instanced then you need to understand MMO core mechanics better and no one can help you but you. I suggest you spend less time hating on ESO and go look for a game you would enjoy =-) If ESO does end up sharding the PvP map into instances, then thats the point I will walk away and have nothing to do with this game but you want see me here hating on it. I have better things to do with my time lol

Not hating. They have several bad design concepts that are uneccessary. Everything else I have no problem with really. They faction locked races and they faction locked exploration. Get rid of those 2 design points and I would happily put of with the rest of things. But those 2 things are huge. They will put me off playing and spending money on the game.

just because I don't agree with you and think the game has problems doesn't mean I hate it. If I hated the game I wouldn't comment at all.

What is a campaign then? Answer that and then perhaps we can move the conversation forward...

The best way to think of the RvR campaign you will be part of is as your server. Forget the megaserver technicalities: that is more a PVE thing. For RvR your campaign is your server.

Bingo!!!

Except for when player numbers reach a fixed amount and they are split off into another instance. er.. server

BeansnBread

Advanced Member

3/05/13 10:17:28 AM#238
Originally posted by Phry

Bingo!!!

Except for when player numbers reach a fixed amount and they are split off into another instance. er.. server

They are going to likely be put into a queue.

Iselin

The Listener

3/05/13 10:21:26 AM#239

Bingo!!!

Not sure how that will work. I have wondered myself. I'm assuming that one of the main goals will be to balance the player numbers on the three sides of a campaign... and I seriously doubt that there will be anything like 33% in each one.

Does that mean that the overpopulated alliances will have a Q to get in and the least populated ones a shorter or no Q?

It's not a split-off the way you're thinking of it like say, the way TSW does it. You will be either in your own campaign or waiting in a Q for it if you want to RvR and it's full for your side. They won't create a new one on the fly just to accomodate those waiting.... I envison a lot of "these queues are ridiculous!" posts from the Ebonheart folks.

Phry

Elite Member

3/05/13 10:21:31 AM#240

Bingo!!!

They are going to likely be put into a queue.

for a game that focuses on 3 faction PVP that would be an epic fail, which is why they are using the 'mega server' method, to avoid that happening. 

24 Pages First « 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » Last Search