Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,523 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,311,807
Zenimax Online Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/04/14)  | Pub:Bethesda Softworks
Distribution: | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Elder Scrolls Online Forum » General Discussion » Coulnd't just the "MegaServer" solve the problem??

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
43 posts found
  sapphen

Novice Member

3/11/13 9:53:29 PM#41
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Originally posted by sapphen
Just copy daoc more

Core server as is
Ffa server -go anywhere, kill anyone, guilds claim keeps
Coop server - go anywhere, group & guild with anyone, no pvp

I would like to see a coop and ffa server but I thought it would save time to combine them.  Do you know how much time it would take to make a co-op server?  Free for all might be a little easier.... I just don't think the old classifications apply to ESO.

ESO has a lot of support from the FvFvF folks, just keep it that way and then add a version to include world PvP, TES explorers and a way to group with anyone.  If players can switch between these 'servers' on one character then the explorer version wouldn't even need NPCs

the coop server would probably be easier than the FFA.

turn off PVP

let people go anywhere

let people group with anyone.

with the FFa server you would have to do additional things, like have guilds at war with others, let guilds rather than factions own objectives and have some sort of guild based rewards for their ownership, have noob friendly pvp off areas, have some smart guard UI etc...   the FFA server would be more work because its pushing it more towards a hybrid mmo.

What about quests or NPC dialogue?

Developers do not program "guilds at war".

Both would require more work than just removing the NPCs and add a FFA, Faction-base and Non-combat flagging option with group support (meaning everyone in a group would be on the same team ~ it could remain faction-based unless a non-faction memeber joins, then the group would be FFA).  I feel that would work better because it wouldn't try to be a seperate MMO but pseudo sandbox within a MMO that has other 'core' features.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

3/11/13 9:57:32 PM#42
Just copy daoc more

Core server as is
Ffa server -go anywhere, kill anyone, guilds claim keeps
Coop server - go anywhere, group & guild with anyone, no pvp

I would like to see a coop and ffa server but I thought it would save time to combine them.  Do you know how much time it would take to make a co-op server?  Free for all might be a little easier.... I just don't think the old classifications apply to ESO.

ESO has a lot of support from the FvFvF folks, just keep it that way and then add a version to include world PvP, TES explorers and a way to group with anyone.  If players can switch between these 'servers' on one character then the explorer version wouldn't even need NPCs

the coop server would probably be easier than the FFA.

turn off PVP

let people go anywhere

let people group with anyone.

with the FFa server you would have to do additional things, like have guilds at war with others, let guilds rather than factions own objectives and have some sort of guild based rewards for their ownership, have noob friendly pvp off areas, have some smart guard UI etc...   the FFA server would be more work because its pushing it more towards a hybrid mmo.

What about quests or NPC dialogue?

Developers do not program "guilds at war".

Both would require more work than just removing the NPCs and add a FFA, Faction-base and Non-combat flagging option with group support (meaning everyone in a group would be on the same team ~ it could remain faction-based unless a non-faction memeber joins, then the group would be FFA).  I feel that would work better because it wouldn't try to be a seperate MMO but pseudo sandbox within a MMO that has other 'core' features.

i dont see how it would be sandbox.

you dont make things

you dont own things

you cant loose things

but then again I dont view the TES single palyer games as sandboxes.  To me they are open world themeparks, like EQ and DAOC.

sapphen

Novice Member

3/12/13 12:07:43 AM#43

i dont see how it would be sandbox.

you dont make things

you dont own things

you cant loose things

but then again I dont view the TES single palyer games as sandboxes.  To me they are open world themeparks, like EQ and DAOC.

That's why I said 'pseudo' sandbox:

The prefix pseudo- (from Greek ψευδ?ς "lying, false") is used to mark something as false, fraudulent, or pretending to be something it is not.

It's not really a sandbox but it does have freedom and open adventures created by players.  I would agree, I don't consider TES a full sandbox either.  It has elements that remind you of a sandbox (kind of what I was wanting to do with the suggestion) but it's more of a themepark in an open world.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search